Bruce Jose Djite: 22 games, 0 non-penalty goals

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

salmonfc
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Re: Is Bruce Djite in trouble?

Postby salmonfc Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:06 pm

17 league games without a goal now.
we da best
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:38 pm

17 league games without a goal now.
I'm making a shirt to help celebrate the year to date last goal. A bit of a way to go but if he keeps it up he will get there. Feb 21st isn't it. So 12 more games to the one year.....should start a count down and at least have some fun with it.
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:57 pm

This is restating the obvious but while I agree with the detractors that it isn't all about goals, Bruce has brought NOTHING else lately. Nothing. He lumbers around, he is always two metres out of position, he isn't strong enough, his passing is shit, he is slow. I mean, look at Fornaroli, he is small but man he is quick, can finish, can pass and he knows how to hold the ball.
Geogeo
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carussca
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We hate you because your victorian.

Postby Geogeo Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:00 pm

we should be starting with how we were after the subs against melbourne.

Carusca on, Pablo on and Kamau on.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:01 pm

we da best
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:04 pm

He did his role well last night. No goals as a bonus though.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
netpenthe
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby netpenthe Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:38 pm

bruce is just unlucky
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:06 pm

I think Pablo will start up front next week. A front three of Cirio, Pablo and Goodwin is pretty dangerous. I noticed at times yesterday it seemed like Chelo didn't really want to give it to Bruce. Bruce also had a lot of times where he would not shoot one time and give the ball away and hear people getting frustrated so the next 2 times he would get the ball he'd get it onto his left foot and put it into the stand.
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:15 pm

One day this man is going to score a goal ... and it's going to be the greatest goal in the history of football.

Just you wait, everyone!

:lol:
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:55 pm

One day this man is going to score a goal ... and it's going to be the greatest goal in the history of football.

Just you wait, everyone!

:luck: :doh: :nana:
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:55 pm

Just you wait, everyone!

Well judging by the crowds reaction when he just gets the ball I'm guessing people will piss themselves with excitment if he actually put a ball in the back of the net. I know Zanzibar will fall over.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Just you wait, everyone!

Well judging by the crowds reaction when he just gets the ball I'm guessing people will piss themselves with excitment if he actually put a ball in the back of the net. I know Zanzibar will fall over.
I think you’ll find a lot of the enthusiastic response when Bruce gets involved is done to compensate the verbal abuse he receives from certain sections of the crowd.

I’ve never believed in bagging a player when he’s giving 100% which Bruce always does. It’s obvious he’s hopelessly out of form but you can see he’s trying to get out of the slump and yelling “you’re shit Bruce!!” isn’t going to help his confidence.

If a guy is obviously doing his best but is consistently underperforming due to poor form or just not being good enough it’s the coach who should be copping the stick, not the player.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:23 pm

I know if in my job i went almost a year without being productive and doing what is expected of me and more i would be fired. I wouldn't have people congratulating me.
Look at the videos in the match day thread of bruce missing sitters 3 or 4 years ago. Nothing has changed other than he has become worse, slower and less goals, less fitness. No player is bigger than the team and he has been an anchor for a while. It has to be time to cut the dead weight and try someone else.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:47 pm

I know if in my job i went almost a year without being productive and doing what is expected of me and more i would be fired. I wouldn't have people congratulating me.
Look at the videos in the match day thread of bruce missing sitters 3 or 4 years ago. Nothing has changed other than he has become worse, slower and less goals, less fitness. No player is bigger than the team and he has been an anchor for a while. It has to be time to cut the dead weight and try someone else.
Could say the same about cirio about being older and continually butchering chances.

However i do agree its time for the club to go in another direction.

Also ,if bruce djit is in trouble then how about eli bablj ? 2 goals scored since 2011/12. I cant see him coming good this season nor can i see him put in the 110% that bruce does. Babalj is more likely to chuck a hissy fit and become disinterested rebounding to another random club well and truly off the map ...imo
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
leigh

Postby leigh Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:04 pm

I see Babalj's goal record mentioned regularly, he hasn't played any first team football on an even semi regular basis so it feels harsh to judge him on that criteria. If he was a starting striker for a team and a seemingly automatic selection then one surely would question a striker with a poor goal ratio however.

I think Bruce had an okay game against Perth. The interaction of our front 3 was very different to our usual methods. Pablo often moved advance of Bruce allowing him to drop deep pulling defenders and then arriving later in the box than usual. Pablo attacked the far post well and his inside play was supported by a clear intention through Marrone. I'm often critical of Djite but he worked hard and made some more intelligent movements off the ball. Perth's defense was abysmal but he did he best to make the most of it.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”