Bruce Jose Djite: 22 games, 0 non-penalty goals

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Is Bruce Djite in trouble?

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:53 pm

I don't think a lot of the Bruce criticism is fair in this thread but I recognise that we fans always tend to want to find a scapegoat (it was Mate only a few games ago) for our poor performances. I'll leave it for what it is I guess.
I think the whole bruce debate is just old news. Anyone who had an oppinion 2 years ago on him probably have the same now and would use the same arguments to support their claim.

No doubt bruce is out of form and i think we would ALL prefer a Berisha leading the line for aufc but currently bruce is our best option.

Its interesting chelo is in horrible form but has had very little blame aimed at him. Or even worse Osama Malik, how many goals has he been directly responsible for this season even though we know him to be quality.
The reason djite is copping it from the fans and not chelo is because Chelos poor form is only a few games. Djite's has been two seasons long.
If you look at Chelo's stats he's assisted 2 goals since the start of last season. Everyone expects our striker to score regularly, surely we should expect our number 10 to create goals regularly.
Based on those stats (which is what the Bruce argument is centred round) I'd argue that Chelo has been out of form just as long. IMO there is probably a link there considering the total lack of service Bruce receives in and around the penalty area.
Time to Djbate!
MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:31 pm

I don't think a lot of the Bruce criticism is fair in this thread but I recognise that we fans always tend to want to find a scapegoat (it was Mate only a few games ago) for our poor performances. I'll leave it for what it is I guess.
I think the whole bruce debate is just old news. Anyone who had an oppinion 2 years ago on him probably have the same now and would use the same arguments to support their claim.

No doubt bruce is out of form and i think we would ALL prefer a Berisha leading the line for aufc but currently bruce is our best option.

Its interesting chelo is in horrible form but has had very little blame aimed at him. Or even worse Osama Malik, how many goals has he been directly responsible for this season even though we know him to be quality.
The reason djite is copping it from the fans and not chelo is because Chelos poor form is only a few games. Djite's has been two seasons long.
If you look at Chelo's stats he's assisted 2 goals since the start of last season. Everyone expects our striker to score regularly, surely we should expect our number 10 to create goals regularly.
Based on those stats (which is what the Bruce argument is centred round) I'd argue that Chelo has been out of form just as long. IMO there is probably a link there considering the total lack of service Bruce receives in and around the penalty area.
Excellent point. Some people just seem to look at Bruce's goal return and think "the striker isn't scoring any goals so he's not doing his job". A rather simplistic view imo.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Chelo has assisted half of the goals we've scored and has 7 shot assists. I don't think it's fair that he's warming the bench instead of Bruce/Jeggo.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Chelo has assisted half of the goals we've scored and has 7 shot assists. I don't think it's fair that he's warming the bench instead of Bruce/Jeggo.
I'm not sure what stats you're looking at but from from what I see he has zero goal assists this season. TBH 7 shot assists in 8 games from the club's marquee creative outlet is poor.
I think its fair to compare him to Mooy who are both their clubs primary central creative outlet.
24 shot assists, 3 goal assists, 2 goals.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:19 pm

I'm not sure what stats you're looking at but from from what I see he has zero goal assists this season. TBH 7 shot assists in 8 games from the club's marquee creative outlet is poor.
I think its fair to compare him to Mooy who are both their clubs primary central creative outlet.
Sorry stuckey my mistake, i thought you'd said he had 2 assists THIS season.

Mooy has played more minutes than Chelo and I think our central attacking mids have been very underused this season.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:26 pm

Sorry stuckey my mistake, i thought you'd said he had 2 assists THIS season.

Mooy has played more minutes than Chelo and I think our central attacking mids have been very underused this season.
For sure. Yeah don't get me wrong I'm not singling Chelo out completely. I'm just trying to highlight that these poor results aren't entirely Bruce's fault.
Time to Djbate!
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Bruce's lack of service is based on his inability to make runs and create room. I understand it's not all about stats but Bruce was hopeless last week. He kicked a ball out off his knee running at goal. He got the ball and ran it out another time looking lost when he hd the ball. He had only one successful pass in the forward half. He is a joke when you look at what he actually does. Gets dispossessed easily, slow and has no creativity or ability to finish. It's just that simple. He is not a league standard. Others are not performing but have at least
Shown something. We are getting nothing from the big guy.
No one says Olathe results are his fault but he was able to get away with his shite when we were doing well. Now we aren't everyone can see he just isn't up to scratch.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:57 pm

You guys that expect a striker to score goals once in a while, no idea clearly! :shock:
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:19 pm

The Claw is Bruce!!!!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 pm

I Am Bruce!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:32 pm

I don't beleive that anyone on here could be as bad a striker as me... I mean Bruce. I'm not Bruce. Stop calling me Bruce. You guys are crazy.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:40 pm

No I'm Spartacus......I mean Bruce.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:19 am