If Amor goes...

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Should Amor be booted?

Yes
19%
No
62%
Undecided
19%

Total votes: 26
milan_7
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

If Amor goes...

Postby milan_7 Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:57 pm

Who comes in?

Amor has my backing personally but a lot of people want him out even though we are six fucking rounds in.

Who is available? These are all the names I can think of
Mulvey
Rudan
Marti
Mori
Valkainas
Kosmina
Milicic
Edwards
Van Egmond
Farina
Stubbins
Vidmar
Herbert
Okon
Moss

All of those names make my insides crumble.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: If Amor goes...

Postby mcjules Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Add Harnwell to the list but I agree there's nothing there that would give me hope or belief.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Would be gutted if he got the sack.

Don't think any of this is his doing, we just haven't replaced key personnel.

I'd send my membership back to the club if we got anyone on that list (bar Marti but what's the point in replacing Amor with him?)
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Perhaps if they just all work harder?
Of if Amor seemed to be making any headway.
Or if the players were exuding good vibes about him.
Or if he communicated with the fans about why we look like a complete rabble.
But...as it is....I'd take Mulvey...or another risk...

red wombat
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby red wombat Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:46 pm

I'd send my membership back to the club if we got anyone on that list (bar Marti but what's the point in replacing Amor with him?)
It's got nothing to do with the players or the poor recruiting, though that doesn't help. Our players are fit and fast, thanks to a good conditioning coach who's name I don't know.

Our big problem is that they have no direction on the park. They have not clue about how they're required to play the game. We've seen key players played out of position (Cirio in centre for example) and we've seen solid players go to pieces. Carusca is now a lost soul. These are all the fault of the head coach, Amor, and the longer we leave him in charge, the deeper these problems will become. He clearly knows football but he clearly does not know how to coach a senior team and needs to drop down a few levels, go to a league where everyone speaks his language and understands his basic philosophy (by watching the seniors) and LEARN HOW TO FLAMIN' COACH.

This isn't a Gombau situation where the coach was trying to teach the players a new system. This is a coach trying to learn how to coach and he's in completely the wrong place to do so. It's better for all concerned if he just left now and established himself in Spain.

Who to replace him? Rudan is an obvious front runner. Kosmina an obvious back runner (hopefully non-starter). Maybe have a chat with Mori.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Valkanis will get the gig.
mcjules

Postby mcjules Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:54 pm

I think we should hold off until Mou is available :lol:
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Mourinho should be available in a few weeks! Nice for him to escape the pressure cooker of Europe in little old Adelaide for $55K a year haha

I was kind of surprised that Pau Marti didnt actually get the gig to begin with.

Would Viddie come back? Jeez id even take Mulvey or Herbert right now
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:12 pm

It's got nothing to do with the players or the poor recruiting, though that doesn't help. Our players are fit and fast, thanks to a good conditioning coach who's name I don't know.

Our big problem is that they have no direction on the park. They have not clue about how they're required to play the game. We've seen key players played out of position (Cirio in centre for example) and we've seen solid players go to pieces. Carusca is now a lost soul. These are all the fault of the head coach, Amor, and the longer we leave him in charge, the deeper these problems will become. He clearly knows football but he clearly does not know how to coach a senior team and needs to drop down a few levels, go to a league where everyone speaks his language and understands his basic philosophy (by watching the seniors) and LEARN HOW TO FLAMIN' COACH.

This isn't a Gombau situation where the coach was trying to teach the players a new system. This is a coach trying to learn how to coach and he's in completely the wrong place to do so. It's better for all concerned if he just left now and established himself in Spain.

Who to replace him? Rudan is an obvious front runner. Kosmina an obvious back runner (hopefully non-starter). Maybe have a chat with Mori.
Welcome back
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:18 pm

Tony Vidmar.

But of that list, it has to be a coach with prior experience with a possession-system.

If Amor gets the arse, we're back to square one - where we were in February of 2013.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:21 pm

Amor getting the sack will not address the problem.

The club has commited to a certain style, amors job discription would be to maintain this style and continue moving forward.

Unfortunetly our style requires wide players who have the speed of a usain bolt. We just let go of ferriera and mabil and replaced them with duganzic when troisi, bozanic vidosic were available while still having a visa spot open..

We also need a ball playing centre back who is a leader, we signed la roca who is an aleague reject and taking up a visa spot probably on minimum wage.

We also need a goal scoring cf, bruce works hard and is a good option but not a match winner. We aigned babalj who failed at his last 3 clubs including a stint with heart.

Ambition needs to come from the top. Changing manager will change none of this.

I me tioned in another thread, that it would be like asking lewis hamilton to win the f1 championship in a minardi.

Not to let players and amor off the hook but i think the club have thrown them under the bus, i called this a week after amor left im sad to say.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Lets just imagine if amor was given the green light to woo a spanish cf here with la liga experience on a modest wage so we are no longer swinging with a blunt axe.

Ffs, perth and wsw used our spanish contacts to lure their players with la liga experience to their clubs..... We lured la roca out of playing semi professional in italy.
mcjules

Postby mcjules Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Getting La Rocca and not La liga centre forward has very little to do with our problems.

The players either are not able to follow the tactical instructions adequately or the tactics are just poor.

There could be a multitude of reasons for this but you don't go this badly just because we're missing a couple of players that we'd like. How come Newcastle and central coast are doing better than us with weaker squads?
Scott is back
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott is back Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Who comes in?

Amor has my backing personally but a lot of people want him out even though we are six fucking rounds in.

Who is available? These are all the names I can think of
Mulvey
Rudan
Marti
Mori
Valkainas
Kosmina
Milicic
Edwards
Van Egmond
Farina
Stubbins
Vidmar
Herbert
Okon
Moss

All of those names make my insides crumble.
Bleiberg
Ross Aloisi
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:46 pm

Getting La Rocca and not La liga centre forward has very little to do with our problems.

The players either are not able to follow the tactical instructions adequately or the tactics are just poor.

There could be a multitude of reasons for this but you don't go this badly just because we're missing a couple of players that we'd like. How come Newcastle and central coast are doing better than us with weaker squads?
Because their managers are able to play what ever style best syits their squad.

Amor's brief is to continue the project josep started arguably with a lesser squad in a tougher league.

We are lacking the wide players with pace, a cf and a rock at the back . Imo thise things are vital to our style. The only one of these things josep lacked last season was a goal scorer but atleast bruce could hold the ball up.

Amor is in a strange position where results are not enough, the club expects him to win pretty, which is fine but we currently do not have the players for this

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”