Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:06 pm

they will only spend that cash on a big name, not a no name with quality. it's about marketing.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:26 pm

I get the idea - management want to work within our budget. If that means signing average players then they will.

We got away with it the last two seasons because we had Gombau who was extremely successful at getting so much out of our squad.

Take him and a few first 11 players away and we may no longer be competitive.

Bad results = bad attendance = less money for the club.

So I hope they realise that they will still need to pay big for some quality at some stage - I just hope they do it before we hit rock bottom.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:05 pm

this season is a forgone conclusion as to the winner. it's simply a race for ACL spots behind MVFC. and we are not in that race. we have no goal scoring ability, no intensity when it is needed and if we go down we can't get back. our hopes are to hang onto one goal leads with desperate defending.
I'm not being a Debbie downer here I am simply telling it how it is. Small club with a small budget and the big clubs spending up with FFA rules helping them.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:20 pm

We have to remember we have a different squad this year and are asking amor to be competitive with less then what gmbau had at his disposal against a smarter and higher quality league.

If the board gave the go ahead to chase a spanish cf with josep and guillermos contacts i guarantee we would be a frce in the league.

Right now we are playing ok just without a cf who seems to give a fark. Getting bruce back will be a massive in regardless if he scores or not he will bring the wide players i to the game.

Im haroing on about this i know.... But i really feel the club have cut back the soending and are happy to scapegoat amor if things dont work out.
True.

Regarding the cut back on spendings, Greg Griffin said AU had $2 million set aside for a potential Steven Gerrard bid and had offered a similar amount of money for Luca Toni, so why not use that money to finance some quality signings?
Prob cos Greg Griffin was talking shite
Exactly

Nothing more then pr stunt.

Its reported we made 600k profit from adelaide oval last season , plus the sale of mabil and potentially signing a new coach for far less then what the gombau was on and you gotta wonder why we havnt been more agressive with sgnings

Amor really has a tough job this year and i doubt gombau would be doing any better
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:56 pm

The club is now spending a serious amount of cash on the new training facility so although the club's income is higher their expenses are higher as well.
Hopefully in the coming seasons that new facility can lure better players to the club like what is taking place at the Melbourne clubs where their facilities are a big reason why they have squads of such depth.
IMO the money that would have been spent on a big money signing isn't money the club has access to for other things. Like the ADP signing with Sydney it took outside investment to make that happen.
But I think that the likelihood of the club signing someone like Gerrard or Toni is zero in the current climate.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:55 pm

How much of t do tou thnk is really an upfront investment stuckey.

Most of it would likely be paid off in the many years ahead.

Investing in a club house is seriously good news but not if it means you are replacing stars if the league with players who are rejects from teams who didnt even make the finals while shoutng from the rooftop we have money to buy gerrard
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:07 pm

How much of t do tou thnk is really an upfront investment stuckey.

Most of it would likely be paid off in the many years ahead.

Investing in a club house is seriously good news but not if it means you are replacing stars if the league with players who are rejects from teams who didnt even make the finals while shoutng from the rooftop we have money to buy gerrard
I'm not sure how much is put to the upfront investment but I would expect the payments on renting the facility would be higher than the cost of hiring one of the local grounds they used.

We've debated whether the recruits this season are that much better or worse than the players the club lost from last season. I don't think we have the answer to that just yet.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:58 am

I think we do have an answer.

Right now, they are significantly worse.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:13 am

I think we do have an answer.

Right now, they are significantly worse.
Yes but that would be like writing off Gombau in his first weeks at AU. Obviously people need time to settle into their new club.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:24 am

Didn't write anyone off.

Right now Mabil and Boogers are significantly better than their replacements. Eli hasn't done anything yet but wasn't replacing anyone.

Mate showed improvement but is still no Mabil.

Right now the answer is pretty clear that they're not better but there is hope they can improve.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:20 am

Didn't write anyone off.

Right now Mabil and Boogers are significantly better than their replacements. Eli hasn't done anything yet but wasn't replacing anyone.

Mate showed improvement but is still no Mabil.

Right now the answer is pretty clear that they're not better but there is hope they can improve.
Yeah they obviously are, its just we're comparing players that were around the squad and set up for two years to players that have played 4 games between them.
Time to Djbate!
gooner fc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: malik

Postby gooner fc Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:53 am

we have been calling for a decent cf for over five years , yes Bruce is a battler but dosent score goals and we do need him back at the momment but only because we dont have a cf who can score , if bruce could score more goals he would be one of the best players in the league, imo
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:46 am

Val says babalj could be out for 6 weeks with a foot injury ....not sure if we should be happy or worried
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:58 am

blessing in disguise?

---- pablo -----
cirio --- mate
--chelo--jeggo--
-----isias-----
goodwin-mcgowen-malik-tarek
---hall--
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Val says babalj could be out for 6 weeks with a foot injury ....not sure if we should be happy or worried
:bang:
we da best

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”