Adelaide United v Sydney FC FFA Cup Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Sydney FC FFA Cup Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby shinAUFC Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Bruce/Babalj I don't really care but I liked the fact that as Bruce tired we had someone like Babalj to come on. Haven't had that in a long time!
Yeah pretty much this!!

Its not even a case of one or the other as we have a loaded schedule this season its likely they will be on a well planned rotation.

Do we have a centre forward coming through our youth system at all?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Is Samed Altundag still around?

Also, just realised Cirio's perfect scoring record in the Cup was broken :(
Played brilliantly though.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Is Samed Altundag still around?

Also, just realised Cirio's perfect scoring record in the Cup was broken :(
Played brilliantly though.
He hit the post too!

salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:30 pm

I'm just amazed that Carrusca even thought to attempt a rabona, let alone pull it off successfully in a cup match.

Truly a legend.
we da best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:34 pm

I'm just amazed that Carrusca even thought to attempt a rabona, let alone pull it off successfully in a cup match.

Truly a legend.
So true.

I cant beleive some of the things he tries in the heat of a match.

Secondly, i cant beleive the amor and gombau encourage it! Very lucky here at hindmarsh!!

If chelo manages not to go missing during the tough moments in the season he may earn us a trophy and himself a johnny warren medal. Heres hoping
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Only thing that will stop Carrusca is the opposition.

SFC were relatively kind to him last night but over the course of a season, there will be rough challenges on him which culminates in a few missed games --> drop in his form --> lost games.

If he's playing every week we are in for a treat.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Truly a legend.
So true.

Secondly, i cant beleive the amor and gombau encourage it! Very lucky here at hindmarsh!!

If chelo manages not to go missing during the tough moments in the season he may earn us a trophy and himself a johnny warren medal. Heres hoping
Remember that time he did that panenka penalty against wellington, away, in the second half, with the scores level. High risk yet high reward, thats when the big players shine.

Post game Maccas run? No dramas, its only the A-League.

In regards to Bruce and Babalj, hard to directly compare the 2 because the game was so different each half. One thing i did notice tonight, many will disagree but i feel like Bruce would get the ball and hold it up but would rarely pass it out to anyone, just play for the foul and hope. I'd be interested to see his total passes and pass completion rate from last night to see whether I only notice the bad things or if I'm right.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Truly a legend.
So true.

Remember that time he did that panenka penalty against wellington, away, in the second half, with the scores level. High risk yet high reward, thats when the big players shine.

In regards to Bruce and Babalj, hard to directly compare the 2 because the game was so different each half. One thing i did notice tonight, many will disagree but i feel like Bruce would get the ball and hold it up but would rarely pass it out to anyone, just play for the foul and hope. I'd be interested to see his total passes and pass completion rate from last night to see whether I only notice the bad things or if I'm right.
I DO remember the panenka penalty against Newcastle last season :lol:

Apart from that, he's one of the league' best ever imports and will surely go down as a club legend amongst the like of Cassio and Galekovic.
we da best
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Truly a legend.
So true.

I DO remember the panenka penalty against Newcastle last season

Apart from that, he's one of the league' best ever imports and will surely go down as a club legend amongst the like of Cassio and Galekovic.
Shhhhh. Dont remember that one ;)
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Whats the big deal with mcdonalds? Calories in calories out
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Would love to see some highlights.
Agreed! FFA Cup highlights usually end up on Youtube.
Here's the Chelo assist as a start :)
Thanks for that!

Chelo is a genius.

Excellent ball by Elrich, pin point laser pass!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Wound up at McDonald's in Enfield some time after the match. Waited for my order, and look up to see George Mells in there. Was with his parents. His dad spotted me in my gear and spoke to me. Turns out, he's currently being tracked by Sparta Rotterdam and Feyenoord. Got offers from them both but their/his agent knew Gombau, who basically guaranteed first team game time, which he needed. He was also the youngest Australian player ever to be left abroad without parents. Didn't see his mum for five years apparently. He turned 18 in May, so do the math.
Interesting. So Gomby guaranteed him game time but he was left out of the squad tonight?

Was he signed by Gomby with knowledge he was leaving?

So many questions.
I'd love to know why Gombau really left.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Adelaide United v Sydney FC FFA Cup Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Player stats from the game. Make of this what you will:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Chelo playing 120 minutes of football, and during preseason.. that's my biggest positive from the game! That and knocking SFC out again. Wonderwall was great i thought, just need to turn the speakers down a bit and put a lyrics video up next game! I'm certain it will take off! I'd still rather have Reds Go Marching In though :)
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Chelo playing 120 minutes of football, and during preseason.. that's my biggest positive from the game! That and knocking SFC out again. Wonderwall was great i thought, just need to turn the speakers down a bit and put a lyrics video up next game! I'm certain it will take off! I'd still rather have Reds Go Marching In though :)
And he was still running hard, really hope he can stay fit and pick up the Johnny Warren medal this year. I too think that wonderwall was good but too loud as the speakers drowned out the RA right until the end.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”