#boycottadelaideoval

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

#boycottadelaideoval

Postby Reds Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:48 pm

I love this club but I'm taking a stance and boycotting this game. Enough is enough the FFA fold to mvfc and screw us over. They will not get my money. My heart is with the boys but I cannot turn up stand 50m from the game and enjoy myself whilst paying for overpriced food and drink and nothing getting back to the club or AEC. I'm out.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: #boycottadelaideoval

Postby mcjules Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:24 pm

I can't afford $55 which is the only price you'll get a half decent view so I'm out.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:28 pm

yep, warmth of home, better viewing and cheaper drinks. I like to stand at coopers, there is nowhere to stand at AO with a decent view so I am out. FFA turning Adelaide members away.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:30 pm

I also call on the club to let the country know we are not happy.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Boycotting is too far for me
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
supsup

Postby supsup Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:48 pm

Can you guys please make sure you contact the FFA about this? Because I like to think that if you are pissed enough to boycott that you should be pissed enough to write a strongly worded letter.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm torn. Want to boycott but also need to support the boys.

Be great if we could hire out Hindy to watch on the screen there as a bit of a message.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Be great if we could hire out Hindy to watch on the screen there as a bit of a message.
I like that! Club could make that happen and turn a profit!!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:05 pm

below is the email I have sent.

Sir, Ma’am,

I am an Adelaide United member and a true loyal supporter to Football in this country. With your decision to play our home final at a neutral venue that is terrible viewing for fans, I have been forced to boycott this game. I know of many other members that will also not attend. this is yet another blow to football in this state ruled by a body so focused on appeasing the eastern states. I am also frustrated that National team games are never played in Adelaide. it has been over a decade since a competitive game was played here!
Perth Glory and Adelaide United paved the way for the A-league to be a success. It was our fans that showed a revamp would be successful, yet it is our fans that are now ignored and abused.
I also request a response on why Adelaide United is forced to play away to Melbourne Victory FC 2 times a year more often than home two times a year? will that ever be evened up?
A response that explains the decisions behind all of the above would be greatly appreciated but in no way expected as I am sure a single Adelaide United member does not warrant the time nor effort from this governing body.

Regards,
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:07 pm

I like that! Club could make that happen and turn a profit!!
sell entry tickets to northern end and place a screen on the pitch facing the stand. great idea and I would pay to enter.
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:24 pm

I will openly threaten to boycott, but wouldn't actually do it. It's already happened by the time the game starts, what is the point of boycotting? Hopefully AUFC put enough pressure on the FFA to change it.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:41 pm

I will openly threaten to boycott, but wouldn't actually do it. It's already happened by the time the game starts, what is the point of boycotting? Hopefully AUFC put enough pressure on the FFA to change it.
the knowledge you didn't line the pockets of FFA at our disadvantage is enough for me. also I want to see whats happening, not be forced to sit down and be glared at by curious non football followers that only tolerate a short "insert team name" clap clap clap. not that I chant or sing but I don't mind being a little vocal and standing up.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:43 pm

The only way to make it up to us is to give us the grand final in the highly unlikely but hopeful situation that we make it.

If we get disadvantaged due to dollars, so should Victory.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:45 pm

The only way to make it up to us is to give us the grand final in the highly unlikely but hopeful situation that we make it.

If we get disadvantaged due to dollars, so should Victory.
exactly, they let a potential mvfc gf move to a smaller stadium but wont do it for us....bias is the only way to explain that.
red wombat
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby red wombat Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:17 pm

Look, the only rational result is to pack Adelaide Oval (thus sticking it up the gAFL crowd) and flogging Brisbane (thus sticking it up the Eastern states). I share your disappointment but letting the club down achieves little other than letting the boys down. Though a big crowd may justify the status quo, a small crowd will only condemn football to irrelevance.

I should also note that the only way we'll ever get a decent sized, football specific stadium is by proving that people will attend A-league games on a regular basis. As it is, Hindmarsh is plenty big enough (in the eyes of those who'll be spending the money), especially with AO as a standby.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”