Preview: AUFC v Sydney 4-4-15

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Result?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:55 am

SFC by 3+
No votes
SFC by 2
27%
SFC by 1
No votes
Draw
27%
AU by 1
9%
AU by 2
18%
AU by 3+
18%

Total votes: 11
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Preview: AUFC v Sydney 4-4-15

Postby EdDog Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:53 am

Huge game. Top spot potentially up for grabs again.

I think what's most important in this game is that we at least draw.

No Elrich & no Carrusca with Bogey, Pablo, Palanca & Mabil in doubt.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Re: Preview: AUFC v Sydney 4-4-15

Postby Old Gregg Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:05 am

On the flip side: Smeltz out, Janko possibly out, Antonis(?)
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:23 am

Another blood moon... the eclipse begins during the match.
Clearly a sign ... COYR!
http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/a ... a/adelaide
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:42 pm

I'm 90% confident about this one.

We have a fantastic record away to Sydney in recent years, with just one loss and one draw in our past seven visits or whatever it is. For the most part, we are their bogey side at Allianz - just as Brisbane is our bogey side at Hindmarsh.

'By default, we will win.' In this regard, it's not a matter of what we have to do to win - but a matter of what events have happened to cause us to lose.

In these kinds of situations there are turns of events that influence this. In this case, Sydney lost their previous home match 1-0 to City. Also, they are missing Smeltz and Janko may prove tired from international duty and its travels. Janko has yet to score against us in three attempts - only Brosque has, in the FFA Cup.

For us, positively we finally kept a clean sheet again and won on the road at a place we usually don't. Boogaard and Pablo escaped serious injury and McGowan enjoyed a good performance while Malik had a stint in midfield - almost a warm up for Sydney, whaddya know.

The referee is Chris Beath - he has reffed us 24 times, with 11 wins and 6 losses. Meanwhile, Sydney have won 9 times under him, but have lost 11. Another good sign.

DJITE and our right winger in any match tends to find the net at Allianz - Ferreira more than once, Mabil when we last won 3-0 there. So I would not be surprised to see the likes of Djite and Pablo Sanchez on the scoresheet - nor would I be shocked for Palanca to score his first AU goal. As long as we maintain structure, we should do well. My tip is 3-1, with Djite, Pablo and Jeggo/Cirio to score.

Carrusca is a massive omission for us, however. I believe Elrich will serve his suspension against Sydney too.

Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
supsup

Postby supsup Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:54 pm

I am loving the positivity :boogie:
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Top spot potentially up for grabs again.
We'll fuck it up for sure then.

Put your house on Sydney!
#WeAreUnited
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:55 pm

I am loving the positivity :boogie:
sorry :(
#WeAreUnited
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:07 pm

@chelocarrusca: Unfortunately I have a small tear in my quad. Thanks everyone for the concern. I going to do my best to come back as soon as possible
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm 90% confident about this one.

We have a fantastic record away to Sydney in recent years, with just one loss and one draw in our past seven visits or whatever it is. For the most part, we are their bogey side at Allianz - just as Brisbane is our bogey side at Hindmarsh.

'By default, we will win.' In this regard, it's not a matter of what we have to do to win - but a matter of what events have happened to cause us to lose.

In these kinds of situations there are turns of events that influence this. In this case, Sydney lost their previous home match 1-0 to City. Also, they are missing Smeltz and Janko may prove tired from international duty and its travels. Janko has yet to score against us in three attempts - only Brosque has, in the FFA Cup.

For us, positively we finally kept a clean sheet again and won on the road at a place we usually don't. Boogaard and Pablo escaped serious injury and McGowan enjoyed a good performance while Malik had a stint in midfield - almost a warm up for Sydney, whaddya know.

The referee is Chris Beath - he has reffed us 24 times, with 11 wins and 6 losses. Meanwhile, Sydney have won 9 times under him, but have lost 11. Another good sign.

DJITE and our right winger in any match tends to find the net at Allianz - Ferreira more than once, Mabil when we last won 3-0 there. So I would not be surprised to see the likes of Djite and Pablo Sanchez on the scoresheet - nor would I be shocked for Palanca to score his first AU goal. As long as we maintain structure, we should do well. My tip is 3-1, with Djite, Pablo and Jeggo/Cirio to score.

Carrusca is a massive omission for us, however. I believe Elrich will serve his suspension against Sydney too.

Concur with all, except that I have a strange feeling that this will be another 0 - 3 away win for us. Sadney just don't seem able to work out how we play - and they certainly are nowhere near as talented as us.

Maybe in addition to the 'expected result' poll, we should also run one listing all the possible reasons that GA will come up with as to why Sadney lost?
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:09 am

I actually thought that when Carrusca went off against Newy and Malik moved to midfield, we lost out shape and Newy started to dominate.

Not entirely sure Malik is the best option in midfield against SFC but we may not have an alternative with the injuries.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:03 am

---------Galekovic
mcgowen---boogard---marone
-------malik- -isias-
-------cirio- -jeggo-
-goodwin---------sanches(palanca?)
-----------djite-
Scott
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:01 am

I actually thought that when Carrusca went off against Newy and Malik moved to midfield, we lost out shape and Newy started to dominate.

Not entirely sure Malik is the best option in midfield against SFC but we may not have an alternative with the injuries.
Malik was terrible, did nothing, put no pressure on Newcastle. He has played a lot better in the midfield before. It was no surprise when he was substituted although unfortunately it came immediately before Boogaard had to go off. Jeggo also disappeared from the game.

Other options are to play Cirio or Watson in there. If Cirio plays in Carrusca's spot then Kamau might have to start and I cannot see that happening.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:08 am

Personally I hope they leave Cirio on the wing. I've been fairly disappointed with Cirio playing centrally of late.
Time to Djbate!
Scott
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:14 am

We could go 3 at the back with Malik, Boogaard and Mcgowan and play Marrone as the DM.
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:19 am

I guess it's not going to happen in a big game like this, but I'd love to see smith get a crack at chels spot, he seems to have been performing well in the YT from what I've seen.

But I'd imagine it'll be Pablo or cirio Central, especially if we have awer back as a wide option

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”