Lady Reds

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

RedRis
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Re: Lady Reds

Postby RedRis Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:32 pm

I tried to get to as many Lady Reds game last season as possible, although it was rarely possible because of the times the games kicked off, and only one curtain raiser (for the A-league) from memory. They must have more games at Hindmarsh.
Great to see Heyman signed, but I hope AJ is still with us, and disappointing to loose one of Australia's best keepers, Eliza Campbell to Perth.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:37 pm

I actually looked forward to driving up to Burton after work on Saturdays when they played up there. Much different times back then.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:27 am

We have some interesting signings this year. It feels like the club is really keen to have a crack at the title.

First game is away to Victory this Sunday.

Incidentally, the AUFC Women Wikipedia page could do with an update.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:41 pm

LOL I gave up on being a Wikipedia editor for AUFC years ago. A lot of egos wanting things their own way.

I think our womens' team will do well this season. Wish it was a longer season though.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:58 pm

Adelaide United 2-0 Canberra United
Another win!

https://www.w-league.com.au/news/report ... r-canberra

https://www.w-league.com.au/video/full- ... rra-united

(equal)Top Of The League! ( over night)

Well done!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:28 pm

I went along to Hindmarsh. Great match and contest against Canberra, who had their fair share of chances also.

There's something special about this Lady Reds team...
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:25 am

Adelaide United 2-0 Canberra United
Another win!
Looking the goods!
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:54 am

My first Lady Reds game last night. Absolutely fantastic! Really good play, end to end, beautiful night and....sitting in the covered grandstand looking at the moon rise rather than the sun go down! Yay! Fully deserved win and we could have had more. Canberra were decent. Ellie Carpenter was a beast. 1000 of us there and it was a happy crowd with plenty of noise. Jumping out of our seats for the goals with just as much fun and joy as when the boys score. The women's game has really come into its own and it was brilliant to see young girls there in full kit watching their new heroes. Yet another reason AU has a place in this city and my heart.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:40 pm

My first Lady Reds game last night. Absolutely fantastic! Really good play, end to end, beautiful night and....sitting in the covered grandstand looking at the moon rise rather than the sun go down! Yay! Fully deserved win and we could have had more. Canberra were decent. Ellie Carpenter was a beast. 1000 of us there and it was a happy crowd with plenty of noise. Jumping out of our seats for the goals with just as much fun and joy as when the boys score. The women's game has really come into its own and it was brilliant to see young girls there in full kit watching their new heroes. Yet another reason AU has a place in this city and my heart.

Thanks for the report mate. it sounds like the girls are on the rise, which is great to see :)
Michelle Heyman must've really enjoyed sticking it to her old club judging by the reports that they pretty much showed her the door after 8 seasons.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:07 pm

A pleasure - and it truly was. I love 'Pixie' Heyman. The ball for the first goal was staggeringly good. If, as the coach suggests, she's not yet match fit then there's a lot of good to come yet. We could do with a little more pace up front but it's such a relief to see our girls competitive again.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Anyone at Marden last night ? Another gutsy display by the girls against Sam Kerr & Co according to the report in the paper.
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Wasn't at the ground but did watch the game via stream. I thought we played very well overall, both goals against us where due to defensive errors, but they were solid apart from that.

Feels like a team that is really playing as one. Still undefeated and the teams we have yet to play are 5th, 8th and 9th (of 9 teams), so they have a real chance of finals.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:36 pm

I saw the last few minutes per stream and they were unlucky not to take all the points in the last minutes.
Another good performance from the team.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Fantastic. I just have the internet installed so will try to catch this game and the men's on replay.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:25 am

Heres a can of worms...

I really want to support the lady reds but there is something I personally find cringey about the way we perceive them and womens sport in general.

Its that womens professional athletes seem to be above criticism. If your team plays terribly its just not really socially acceptable to call them out, its more a case of “ ohwell girls you tried really hard we are proud.”

In no way is it a critique on the players, its more about the way the public percieves them for various societal reason.IMO its condescending and disrespectful to them that we do not scrutinise them in the same way.

Even this thread is ultra positive ( with good intentions ) but i feel like womens sport needs to get beyond this road block to progress into the mainstream.

A perfect example is many years ago we had a keeper who was clearly not physically fit ( im sure some remember), however its was and still is taboo to even go into detail and even raising the issue you felt like a bit of an ass leaning towards a mysogynist.

Or anytime a goal is scored outside the box suddenly its a worldie.

I dont see how this kind of well meaning positivity actually shows any kind of respect to proffesional athletes that they deserve.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”