Lady Reds

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Lady Reds

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:35 pm

It was also a very unprofessional setup in the past too. Most of the team only cared about partying each Saturday night after the game.
How anything like that last more than 5 minutes is beyond me. I seriously hope the people involved in the operations of those sides are never involved in another.
Time to Djbate!
RedsUnited
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:22 am

Those early years reflected the FFSA mentality to a tee. Since Aloisi's appointment and now Harnwell, the girls have stepped up their game to match that of their coaching. Even during Edmondson's final year, they started to look like they were improving.
RedsUnited

Postby RedsUnited Tue May 24, 2016 7:33 pm

http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/articl ... bpajwgu47w

AUFC taking back ownership of the Lady Reds. I am very satisfied with this. It means the social media manager will be replaced. :D
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue May 24, 2016 8:07 pm

http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/articl ... bpajwgu47w

AUFC taking back ownership of the Lady Reds. I am very satisfied with this. It means the social media manager will be replaced. :D
Great news. Hopefully this continues to build what seems to be an improving relationship between AU and the FFSA.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue May 24, 2016 9:21 pm

hoping the youth team and lady reds get to play more games at hindmarsh as a double header to the aleague. I really missed those days.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed May 25, 2016 3:26 am

hoping the youth team and lady reds get to play more games at hindmarsh as a double header to the aleague. I really missed those days.
Those hot and sunny November afternoons when I was younger and didn't have a care in the world. Youth, Lady Reds and then the seniors all in one long marathon at Hindmarsh.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri May 27, 2016 3:03 pm

I think stuckey raised this in another thread but is it possible aufc's re-aquisition of the lady reds could be part of a deal with ffsa to allow more youth teams with less restrictions from aufc ?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri May 27, 2016 4:06 pm

I think stuckey raised this in another thread but is it possible aufc's re-aquisition of the lady reds could be part of a deal with ffsa to allow more youth teams with less restrictions from aufc ?
Here's hoping! I doubt we'll hear what comes from this till next season. FFSA often leave it very late if at all to announce things.
Time to Djbate!
RedsUnited

Postby RedsUnited Fri May 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Here's hoping! I doubt we'll hear what comes from this till next season. FFSA often leave it very late if at all to announce things.
Yup.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat May 28, 2016 7:27 am

With the Lady Reds back in the fold I am also hoping we see a lot more of things of this nature.

I am also assuming the Lady Reds can make better use of our facilities, coaching & medical staff to improve their on-field performances.
RedsUnited

Postby RedsUnited Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Mark Jones has been appointed Head Coach and Chidiac and Condon have signed for the season.

http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/articl ... yjqbx2tm14

For me, I'm glad to see Chids back in our squad after being at City last season, and tying down Condon is a good move too imo.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:50 am

ADELAIDE United’s new women’s coach Mark Jones has revealed the Reds are working closely with the Crows’ AFL women’s team in a bid to help women capable of playing both codes.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a- ... public_rss

Interesting. I like the sound of it. Funny the AU article didn't mention this.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Mark Jones has been appointed Head Coach and Chidiac and Condon have signed for the season.

For me, I'm glad to see Chids back in our squad after being at City last season, and tying down Condon is a good move too imo.
Meanwhile the Reds are preparing to release W-League, NPL and youth team coach Mark Jones who looks set to win the main job at Newcastle Jets.

The Reds will not stand in Jones’ way if the Newcastle comes calling after sacking coach Scott Miller and assistant Luciano Trani this week.

Jones, who has won rave reviews as a boss in the Reds camp since landing in SA earlier this year, is destined to become the logical replacement given the club wants a boss who has roots steeped in Novocastrian tradition.http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 8663f0f827
He might be gone as soon as he came in.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:36 pm

This is something out of the blue for all involved, including the Jets. Let's see what transpires however if he is offered an A-League gig we'll just have to wear it.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:00 pm

Meanwhile the Reds are preparing to release W-League, NPL and youth team coach Mark Jones who looks set to win the main job at Newcastle Jets.

The Reds will not stand in Jones’ way if the Newcastle comes calling after sacking coach Scott Miller and assistant Luciano Trani this week.

Jones, who has won rave reviews as a boss in the Reds camp since landing in SA earlier this year, is destined to become the logical replacement given the club wants a boss who has roots steeped in Novocastrian tradition.http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 8663f0f827
He might be gone as soon as he came in.
I'm not sure where the rave reviews have come from? I didn't get to see a great deal of the NPL season be from Red Army reports I think they'll be happy to see him gone. Although that could be down to the fact they aren't happy the club cut Micky V and co. Which is understandable.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”