Lady Reds

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: RE: Re: Lady Reds

Postby mcjules Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:58 am

What happened to Huss?
He's still head of youth development as far as I know.
mcjules

Re: Lady Reds

Postby mcjules Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:28 am

What happened to Huss?
I think he's still head of youth development. I think he was thrown into the women's role as well because Mark Jones left late in the pre-season.
Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:34 pm

What happened to Huss?
I think he's still head of youth development. I think he was thrown into the women's role as well because Mark Jones left late in the pre-season.
That is how I take it, he was never really intended to coach the Lady Reds but did the job and now just remains in his originally intended role,
I am Scott
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Major announcement soon. No idea what for.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Michelle Heyman has signed.

Huge coup.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:13 pm

Good signing. Glad these new owners actually seem to actually care about the Lady Reds unlike the old owners.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Great signing!

Hard running striker.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Good signing. Glad these new owners actually seem to actually care about the Lady Reds unlike the old owners.
Im not sure its that they didnt care, more so that they didnt know know women played football :p

These new owners are fantastic, low on gimmicky marquees and fake headlines big on football.

Literally night and day difference.

Ill be honest, i dont really care about the lady reds. Though thats more about neglect from the previous owners than anything. I hope that changes and we can see some double headers and lady reds players become household names where fans have some kind of emotional attatchment .
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules

Postby mcjules Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:26 pm

Im not sure its that they didnt care, more so that they didnt know know women played football :p

These new owners are fantastic, low on gimmicky marquees and fake headlines big on football.

Ill be honest, i dont really care about the lady reds. Though thats more about neglect from the previous owners than anything. I hope that changes and we can see some double headers and lady reds players become household names where fans have some kind of emotional attatchment .
I was going to say I haven't cared much either, it felt like a youth team squad rather than anything to take seriously and their results showed it. Hayman is a great player I've enjoyed watching for the Matilda's and this has made me a bit excited for it for the first time ever.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:47 pm

I was going to say I haven't cared much either, it felt like a youth team squad rather than anything to take seriously and their results showed it. Hayman is a great player I've enjoyed watching for the Matilda's and this has made me a bit excited for it for the first time ever.
I agree with you guys. I've never followed them closely because of the neglect/lack of care shown by the club but signings like this may get me interested in them.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:48 pm

Yep, the new owners are the best thing to ever happen to the club (other than winning the double) although I must admit, I was sceptical at first.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:07 am

The first year the owners will want to make a splash and it looks like they have done that, but the proof will be in how this season goes on and off the field as well they how they back it up in subsequent seasons.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:24 am

Michelle Heyman has signed.

Huge coup.
Nice, very nice.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:57 pm

The first year the owners will want to make a splash and it looks like they have done that, but the proof will be in how this season goes on and off the field as well they how they back it up in subsequent seasons.
Very true!!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:20 pm

Heyman is probably one of our biggest signings in our W-League history, alongside Barbieri. Although I was an avid follower of the womens team years ago, I have to admit I have fallen away in recent times. Hopefully I'll get to more games this season.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”