New rectangular stadium in Adelaide?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Re: New rectangular stadium in Adelaide?

Postby Reds Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:00 pm

With the state government paying for Adelaide ovals redevelopment and now paying for Adelaide crowd new parklands training facility by handing over $15million, will Adelaide United ever get some of that government funding for facilities. Hindmarsh is getting old and exposed to the elements still.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:00 pm

With the state government paying for Adelaide ovals redevelopment and now paying for Adelaide crowd new parklands training facility by handing over $15million, will Adelaide United ever get some of that government funding for facilities. Hindmarsh is getting old and exposed to the elements still.

No money for us because we play the wrong game.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:20 am

B)
That's the very attitude that will never see this game be #1. How much did we spend on a WC bid doomed to fail ?? Or Olympic sports that are non-existent for 3 years ??

FWIW the state liberal govt are very keen on a rectangular stadium, but our state isn't flush with funds.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:41 am

B)
That's the very attitude that will never see this game be #1. How much did we spend on a WC bid doomed to fail ?? Or Olympic sports that are non-existent for 3 years ??

FWIW the state liberal govt are very keen on a rectangular stadium, but our state isn't flush with funds.

Sorry?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:21 pm

liberals are our only hope for football in sa.
Reds

Postby Reds Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Well liberal will get my vote then, football policies of the parties are what gets my vote
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:44 pm

Got nothing to do with the sport we play, everything to do with private backing. Which is why Piet is big on helping the Govt along.

B)

Sorry?

B)
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Well liberal will get my vote then, football policies of the parties are what gets my vote
The Liberal Party has no concrete policy, unfortunately. They will not finance an upgrade of Hindmarsh, even though plans have existed for a few years. I also would not rely on them to get a new stadium 100% right.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: New rectangular stadium in Adelaide?

Postby bpowell454 Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:07 am

The Liberal Party has no concrete policy, unfortunately. They will not finance an upgrade of Hindmarsh, even though plans have existed for a few years. I also would not rely on them to get a new stadium 100% right.
I've seen Steven Marshall at Marden games a few times, I'm pretty sure Jay Weatherall didn't even go to our GF. I don't know what the current Labor leader's opinion on football but it's pretty poor to not go to a state teams home grand final.
Reds

Re: RE: Re: New rectangular stadium in Adelaide?

Postby Reds Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:35 am

I've seen Steven Marshall at Marden games a few times, I'm pretty sure Jay Weatherall didn't even go to our GF. I don't know what the current Labor leader's opinion on football but it's pretty poor to not go to a state teams home grand final.
Wow, didn’t realise we were snubbed so bad at the gf. I recall that there was no pre game entertainment either. But to have the labor Leader snub is like that is a kick in the guts and shows what they think of us as a sport. The finance is another that shows this.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:12 am

Rather them than a labour govt who sat on its hands for their term.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: New rectangular stadium in Adelaide?

Postby bpowell454 Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:35 pm

Wow, didn’t realise we were snubbed so bad at the gf. I recall that there was no pre game entertainment either. But to have the labor Leader snub is like that is a kick in the guts and shows what they think of us as a sport. The finance is another that shows this.
Here's the article after the final.
Adelaide had quite the delegation of high-profile leaders from out of town on Sunday for Adelaide United's home grand final in the A-League against Western Sydney Wanderers. The likes of Westfield billionaire Steven Lowyand NSW Premier Mike Baird jetted in, joining 50,000 murderous locals, including federal industry minister Christopher Pyne and state opposition leader Steven Marshall. In the Adelaide Oval, Baird has a superb benchmark for his own stadia plan.
But where was Premier Jay Weatherill? As we mentioned last week, he was hobnobbing around France in aid of a submarine deal he had nothing to do with. His Government isn't paying a cent of the $50 billion for the 12 submarines to be built in the state.
On this pointless jolly, Weatherill – who was elected despite getting just 47 per cent of the two-party preferred vote – took journalists from The Australian, the Adelaide Advertiser and Nine News. Besides steak tartare recipes and the benefits of a 35-hour week, what news of any consequence they could possibly have gathered there is utterly beyond the capacities of our limited imagination.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:34 am

If we do get a new stadium or even an upgrade on Coopers, I'd love it to be like the Kaohsiung National Stadium where the Socceroos are playing tomorrow night. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... Kaohsiung)

Obviously not as big, but an array of solar panels over the stadium which make it look like a sleepy lizard would be fantastic. Feeding power back into the grid when the stadium isn't in use would also be a good money spinner for the stadium and help keep costs down.

If we are to lead the way in renewable energy then let's make statements when new infrastructure is developed.
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:14 am

That is an excellent suggestion "blahblah." I would also like to see the latest technology to make it a truly multipurpose stadium. Things like retractable seating, retractable roof and a retractable grass pitch. It means that it can be used for sport and indoor activities like concerts and be able to adjust the capacity to suit the number of patrons.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:36 am

Yeah great ideas - I don't see it happening though. There would be huge backlash if the SA Government committed big money to a new stadium I think.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”