Adelaide United v Western Sydney Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

supsup
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Western Sydney Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby supsup Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Fab has an ego. Like Jero. Leave us at your peril, Fabio
GrandPappyOfFunk

Postby GrandPappyOfFunk Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:04 pm

Listened to this on radio so didn't get to see it but was just looking online at match stats...

Possession: 74%-26%
Shots: 26-1
Passes Completed: 675-136
Crosses: 46-2

Wow. Even 11 vs 10 that is unbelievable.

We truly need to be finishing more of these chances though. Great that we are getting into these positions but better teams (and I hate to say it, but Victory) can make us pay for this. Time to spend a week on finishing.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:10 pm

EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:13 pm

I'm actually starting to think our finishing is becoming a real problem.

We have the best build up play in the league by a country mile but our finishing is atrocious.

It's not only this game, we are 9 rounds in and have really struggled to score more than 2.

MV I see as a team that doesn't play as well as us, but their finishing is absolutely clinical.
GrandPappyOfFunk

Postby GrandPappyOfFunk Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:18 pm

God according to EdDog's stats it was even more of a whitewash.

It's MV that concerns me about our inability to finish as well. We're playing really well and have improved out of sight but have nightmares of getting to the finals against them, scuffing multiple chances only to bow out again..
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:19 pm

That's true
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:23 pm

No danger in that one, however finishing is very poor. Shoulda/ coulda won that 5-0, beautiful lead-up play all game butchered mostly by heavy touches or poor passing. Will come back and haunt us at some stage if not rectified.
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 pm

So true Rusty. I feel Ferriera needs to look at the big picture
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Ferreira looked gutted when subbed. Very average performance from him aside from that great goal.

He does seem to a bit of the "odd one out" in our system.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Great match, great atmosphere and well done to the 12,000 who braved a cold and blustery Hindmarsh. This could have been a smash and grab raid by the Wallys, but when their captain was sent off and they only managed one shot on goal for the whole match, the only question was how many we would win by. Galekovic could have brought his favourite armchair and a novel for all the work that he had to do.

I actually wouldn't worry too much about our shooting either; eventually more will start going in of their own accord and the gusting winds tonight made anything airborne problematic. 26 shots to 1 tells its own story about well we played.

For the Wallys, they are about to embarrass the nation at the CWC. I can't see them getting past the South American team and for that they should be grateful; if they somehow jag a win, then they will be eviscerated by Real Madrid in the next game.

Btw, one of the Wally fans on their own forum is already calling us the Real of the A-League. Time to start calling us "Royal Adelaide" then?
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Fabs has lost a yard or two of pace and he's still not 100% match fit. He did have a pretty average game for him, missing a sitter and scoring a screamer. He's a more mature, team focused player than Mabil but he doesn't have that explosive edge Mabil has (nor the obligatory 3 stepovers each time he touches the ball!!). It's nothing but good for us if they tussle for the spot as long as Josep can keep them both happy enough. Remarkably similar players in many ways. And both missed gilt edged chances tonight. Both seems better at instinctual strikes that when they have time.

And how did we not score 4 tonight? Great keeping and a couple of great last-ditch tackles but seriously....it was almost comical in the stands with us jumping up and down thinking the ball was in the net more times than I can ever remember.

I remember predicting that we'd struggle to score this year and coping a bit of flak. Well, we're scoring enough but we're so far from clinical that it's getting silly.

But what a team we follow. What a team. :clap: :cheers:
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:20 am

Absolute domination. Should have won at least 4-0! How good was that passage of play in the second half where Cirio ended up hitting the post then fluffing the rebound?! Would have been an amazing goal if he scored that. We really gotta start taking our chances more often though.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:27 am

Disappointing note - an AU fan standing beside me in a cafe queue told me he'd been set upon by 4 Wally thugs before the match even started, without provocation. Him and his wife were walking towards the side entrance and the 4 Wallys yelled some obscenities and surrounded the couple and then one threw a punch. The fact that some gentlemen of our constabulary were nearby and saw everything hadn't apparently registered with the Wallys; the puncher was arrested and the other three were thrown out and barred from the match. It was an unsavoury start to a game that was played in a pretty good spirit (NTS aside); I hope the Wallys don't turn into Failure ferals. I've always had a reasonable amount of respect for the Wally fans but I'm not so sure now.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:55 am

Such a strange season. We're playing the best football we've ever played and are still third??? Hopefully it keeps the boys hungry.
Outcast350
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: La Flecha

Postby Outcast350 Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:22 am

Absolutely dominated. It looked more full than 12k eastern stand was packed, I do hope that flecha gets more game time, he has some pretty special touches that mabil just doesn't get, sucks seeing mabil trying to do triple step overs then fluffing the ball, when there's a clear passing opportunity there, Or putting the ball to row Z.

Was an awesome game to watch though, became a training session, Eugene was playing CB most the night Haha.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”