#valsaid

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

#valsaid

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Val-Ko the new celebrity couple of adelaide... Just like brangelina of Hollywood.

Figured we should keep their finest work in one thread to look back on later.

@valquotes
@kossiequotes
@valko

Starting off with kossie
http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/l ... 6799682685
Last edited by shinAUFC on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Re: Val-Ko

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 pm

By month's end the Reds should have a good idea about how this season will pan out … about whether the "football revolution" is just that or merely a sales pitch.
@kossiequotes
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:21 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 6800080124
@valsaid

monday edition, lets not talk about adelaides against the odds win! instead focus on Elsey's Red in the youth league and the Baby Red loss.

When Watson got a red in the youth league it was not even written about, but i guess we were losing then val could bitch.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Is it a coincidence that this is the first article Val Migliaccio has written about the Adelaide United FC Youth Squad this season? We have a new signing in Ryan Griffiths, Antony Golec leaving the club, Teeboy Kamara making a return from long lay off, the club investing in a licensed premises and the club beats the current league leaders away from home. So he had to dig all the way thru that to find the only negative story currently going on at the club.
Pathetic
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Petrillo said,
The National Youth League (NYL) Disciplinary Rules state that any A-League contracted player who receives an indirect red card in an NYL match must serve that suspension in that competition which means he will be free to play against the Wanderers,
#valfail
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:04 pm

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/k ... 6804935849

Kossie defending his previous article and beating his chest
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Some more Kosmina Special Bitter for us to sip on.... :cheers:

I just don't get it. The difference between the way we're playing now, and the way we were playing last season (or the season before, etc) is enormous, and anyone can see that all the movement, passing and understanding that we're starting to see now comes precisely from Gombau's insistence on playing a particular way right from the beginning.

Getting the players to play to their best is one thing, and Kossie has at times been good at getting the best out of his players. But he is having a fucking laugh if he thinks that slowly implementing a system of play, which players understand and are trained in across the club, with a view to long-term success, is pointless. Say what you want about your behind-the-scenes issues with club hierarchy Kos, but ffs have a bit of grace and respect the bloke in the hot seat doing what you know is a tough job (and doing it very well).

All I can say is that I for one am very glad that Gombau is the coach and not Kossie. And frankly I think that supporters of most A-League clubs would be a bit envious of us at the moment.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Some more Kosmina Special Bitter for us to sip on.... :cheers:

I just don't get it. The difference between the way we're playing now, and the way we were playing last season (or the season before, etc) is enormous, and anyone can see that all the movement, passing and understanding that we're starting to see now comes precisely from Gombau's insistence on playing a particular way right from the beginning.

Getting the players to play to their best is one thing, and Kossie has at times been good at getting the best out of his players. But he is having a fucking laugh if he thinks that slowly implementing a system of play, which players understand and are trained in across the club, with a view to long-term success, is pointless. Say what you want about your behind-the-scenes issues with club hierarchy Kos, but ffs have a bit of grace and respect the bloke in the hot seat doing what you know is a tough job (and doing it very well).

All I can say is that I for one am very glad that Gombau is the coach and not Kossie. And frankly I think that supporters of most A-League clubs would be a bit envious of us at the moment.
I wouldn't be surprised and would be happy to see other clubs take a leaf out of AU's book and back a coach for half a season. I hope that's what the plan is a Newcastle now the GvE is gone.
Time to Djbate!
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:48 am

Another joke of an article.

From where I sit I think the early games were Gombau reinforcing his game plan to an extreme point. The old example of learning to drive in a manual car. You are focused more on not stalling it/smooth gear changes/what gear should I be in than what is actually happening 100 metres ahead of you.

I think this is what Gombau was doing in the early rounds, making the lads keep possession of the ball and passing it out from the back no matter what. This then becomes a reflex action after a while and you can look up and and see what is happening further up the pitch and play through midfield and play that killer ball.

The way we play has changed, but only because we have finished the 'learning stage' and now we are on our 'P plates' and next year it is full license and Grand Final time hopefully!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:13 am

^ the only team we haven't beaten in the top 6 is Victory.

I think if we make the top 6 we are a good a chance as any of giving the Championship a real shake this year!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:37 am

Incidentally is it just me or has Richard Earle replaced Val as the senior football writer for the Advertiser?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:40 am

Its because Val is writing the Tour Down Under articles thank god.
Time to Djbate!
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:38 am

Its because Val is writing the Tour Down Under articles thank god.
Ah yes, that brief but glorious time of the year.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Incidentally is it just me or has Richard Earle replaced Val as the senior football writer for the Advertiser?
After what has happened i think Val's time may be up.
The only paper in the state can't keep ignoring the state's only a-league team especially now that everything seems to be falling into place.

Time will tell if they kiss and make up but I don't think it will happen to soon.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:25 am

I wonder if AU will pressure it with the sponsorship the Advertiser offers?
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”