#valsaid

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Val-Ko

Postby Stuckey Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Kossie was in charge, he deserves the credit. Just like he deserves the criticism for the things that went wrong under his watch.
Stop being so outrageously reasonable.

Lest we forget that Kossie actually pulled us out of a deep hole. He just reaches the limit of his coaching capacity quite early these days.

But yes, it would be nice if he could just appreciate what's going on instead of referencing everything back to himself.
Exactly. So IMO if he is creating this comparisons and claiming credit for things then he can't complain when pimple faced nerds makes assessments or comparisons themselves!
Time to Djbate!
Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:19 am

He's had quotes recently. He gets them at post training interviews usually. This season the club has been pretty good at posting the video up online so have been able to make my own decisions on whether things have been interpreted correctly
I'm loving the online videos! Great initiative, just wish they'd get better audio sorted. It's a real struggle to hear sometimes, especially Josep with his thick accent. Some videos are simply unwatchable.

I know it has been raised in Chelo's thread, but Val really pissed me off with how disrespectful he was towards Chelo in the presser about his re-signing. Hinting that playing for Adelaide is the lowest and most disappointing point of his career that he should be ashamed of.. he's making money, living a good lifestyle, playing regular football, as well as enjoying it.. fark off Val you rude git.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:01 am

Chelo is playing arguably his best football here. His move to Gala wasn't very successful and his loan moves were similar.

Playing good football, getting the recognition from across Australia, living in a great city with his family and third spot on the ladder. Doesn't get much better than that!
Last edited by EdDog on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:09 am

You know he is scalping the barrel when his insults insist our players are too good for the club LMAO.

He could say the same to gombau having come from Barcelona and cassio being a flamengo first team player.

If I could get paid to play a game I loved and show my family the world while on a salary greater then 99.5% of the rest of the world population I'd be fairly satisfied with myself
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:30 pm

You know he is scalping the barrel when his insults insist our players are too good for the club LMAO.

He could say the same to gombau having come from Barcelona and cassio being a flamengo first team player.

If I could get paid to play a game I loved and show my family the world while on a salary greater then 99.5% of the rest of the world population I'd be fairly satisfied with myself
Val knows Gombau always tries to protect his players. So while a dig at his situation would most likely be brushed off, but a dig at a particular player is a comment IMO Val thinks that will bait Gombau into saying something he will regret which Val could spin into weeks of more bitter articles attacking Gombau.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Luckily Josep can throw him off by calling on his deep football wisdom and discuss thinks like Offside traps and indirect free kicks to confuse Val.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 pm

^^^
Is he claiming that our players are too good for us?
Have I understood this right?
I can't find anything on-line.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:29 am

Val knows Gombau always tries to protect his players. So while a dig at his situation would most likely be brushed off, but a dig at a particular player is a comment IMO Val thinks that will bait Gombau into saying something he will regret which Val could spin into weeks of more bitter articles attacking Gombau.
I got this vibe too. I felt he was trying to bait either one of them. But Josep didn't look happy so I thought maybe Val was trying to get him worked up.
^^^
Is he claiming that our players are too good for us?
Have I understood this right?
I can't find anything on-line.
This is how I have interpreted it. But watching back just now maybe I let my rose tinted glasses get ahead of me.. that and I become automatically super defensive when I hear Val talk.. but during the Carrusca interview this week at 10:14 Val asks Chelo

"10 years ago you were playing with Argentina feeding balls to Tevez, ya know, Mascherano, is this as good as it gets for you now or have you still got ambitions of maybe still going on [or one] more?"

I don't know, take it how you will, but my mouth still tastes dirty from that question. Reeks of insulting undertones in my opinion..
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:00 am

That's exactly how I saw it as well.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:11 am

Haha now Val's tried to write a complimentary article about Chelo. Is that your way of say sorry I can't ask a nice question?

Hilarious article Val just names top players and leaves the talking of actual football to Bozza.

I'm not linking it, it doesn't deserve the numbers.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:56 am

So funny listening to the Jero and Euge interviews. What does Val expect out of the questions he asks?

Val: "Jero I would have had you in my starting line up (At who's expense I'd love to know) is it frustrating to not be there?"

Jero: "Yeah Val you're right f%*k Josep!"

Val: "Euge, Josep won't talk about the title (neither has anyone else) What do you think?"

Euge: " Yeah Val we will definitely win everything. So what if we have come this far playing it one game at a time lets completely get ahead of ourselves, I'm off to put my house on us winning the championship!"
Time to Djbate!
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:53 am

Pathetic and sad to watch. You could clearly see him trying to bait Jero, trying to get something out of him. I loved the look Eugene gave him every time he asked a question.
rusty81

Postby rusty81 Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:58 am

By posting the full video the club eliminates Val's attempt to spin the stories. Answers and questions are there for all to see. He has nothing and you can tell the bond the lads have is real!
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Brisbane Roar to contend with physical Adelaide United, the most ill-disciplined A-League side
VAL MIGLIACCIO THE ADVERTISER MARCH 03, 2014 10:30PM

BRISBANE Roar not only has to combat Adelaide United’s philosophy but it must also overcome the A-League’s most aggressive side at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

Despite Adelaide proving it is a genuine title threat, United’s ‘beautiful game does have a dark side.

On the other hand Roar have been classified as Saints according to Opta Sports — the A-League’s sports data collectors.

Although Roar has been considered as the possession game A-League kings, with some critics even labelling them as ‘Roarcelona’- Adelaide is creeping closer to the passing game mantra.

Both clubs base their games on moving the ball quickly, attacking and it’s first line of defence is trusted on the ability to keep the leather or press high when the ball is lost.

But Adelaide is also an aggressor. Adelaide is at the top end of the A-League spectrum when it comes to discipline — or lack of.

The club is leading the discipline record stakes conceding 334 fouls, 50 yellow cards and three red cards during 21 A-League clashes.

Brisbane Roar returned to the winners circle and extending their lead atop the A-League ladder with a convincing 3-1 win over Perth.

Isaias is the player who has conceded the most fouls mainly in the attacking half with 38 while Eugene Galekovic is unsurprisingly on a zero foul count.

Marcelo Carrusca is Adelaide’s most fouled player with the Argentine winning 41 free kicks for the Reds while Jeronimo Neumann is also at the top end of fouls conceded with 36 given away.

Roar sits at the bottom of the pack in the discipline stakes. It has given away 254 fouls, 38 yellow cards and one expulsion — against Adelaide in a 2-1 loss in January when Diogo Ferreira was sent off after two cautions.

But Roar’s Thomas Broich has been a target and has won 82 set pieces for Roar. He is the league’s most fouled player.

Midfielder Luke Brattan is Roar’s most consistent fouler with 33 but he is the club’s second most free kick winner with 29.

Broich has even been fouled more often than Barca’s Neymar who has copped 60 fouls in 14 Primera Liga matches — 30 more fouls than teammate Lionel Messi.

Barca has conceded 296 fouls and picked up 44 cautions and a red card in 26 league matches.
:blah: Sigh..
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:34 am

'Roar sits at the bottom of the pack in the discipline stakes. It has given away 254 fouls, 38 yellow cards and one expulsion — against Adelaide in a 2-1 loss in January when Diogo Ferreira was sent off after two cautions.'

Blatantly ignoring how Berisha was sent off against Perth. Brisbane are quite dirty at times too.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”