Match day staff / security

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Match day staff / security

Postby shinAUFC Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 pm

What is peoples verdict?

One of the most intense games in the clubs history and i hardly noticed them and when i did notice them they were smiling.

Apart from the one flare there did not seem to be any trouble. Police and security swooped on it and fair enough !!

Its rather ironic that security seems to be much more relaxed this season and crowd trouble/ tension seems to be way down ......funny eh?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: Match day staff / security

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:25 am

I was impressed. No issues or disputes from what I saw - and I was in the north east bay for the whole match.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:43 am

Security okay.

Took half an hour to get a beer. No exaggeration.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:07 am

Took half an hour to get a beer. No exaggeration.
Man that pissed me off. They had enough staff and automatic pourers just no bloody system. 3 staff to one till (and one queue) so what do they do? They all queue up to put the money through. Have your best staff member stand at the register taking orders and the others hand out the drinks. Not difficult to work out is it? Seeming people ordering RTDs and ciders take longer too (as they have to open the can and pour them), make them queue separately to the beer line.

Apart from that, they were so bloody casual. You have 30-45 minutes at half time where you are flat out. How about walking a little faster than a waddle and moving your hands faster?

Understand that there was a long queue because it was a huge crowd, it's the rate of service that was abysmal. Over a minute per transaction is not acceptable :)

The things you think about when you're standing in a queue frustrated! /end rant
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Security were good but the bars were shocking.

30 minutes to get a drink is not good enough, why the hell do they individually pour drinks? Chances are the next bloke will be buying a beer!! Do what they do at Ethihad or MCG, pre poured and ready. How the hell can I get 2 beers in a few minutes at the Liverpool Victory game with 90,000 there but with 16.5k people it takes me 35 min!!

How much lost revenue do they want!?
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:30 pm

There were 16,500 at the game, but I think over a thousand of those were in lines at the bars lol.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Sounds as poor as usual. Having worked in that area before (not at Hindmarsh) this sounds like a total lack of management. These staff that work bars are always new with little experience. As soon as any of them gain a decent amount of experience they move somewhere better or graduate from their uni degree. Abusing those individuals will do nothing on match day the only way to voice your concern I'd to talk to the ground and club directly.
Time to Djbate!
redmum
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Anything not involving pedophiles ;)

Postby redmum Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:21 pm

After sending a complaint to AU last week regarding the players coming over to the fans/kids after the game, and how they could please open the Grandstand Bar for autographs/photos after the game as they used to....I had an answer from AU stating that they did not want children in a 'bar' atmosphere, so it was organised that the players would come around the pitch to greet fans and kids after the game.
They agreed it had not worked well first game, as I told them I'm tired of having to push through the crowds to get to the Western stand, as the players DON'T come around the whole pitch, as promised. I was assured things would change at last nights game and they most certainly would.

Nope. They didn't.
So, once again, we push through the crowd around to the Western stand, to be told by a 14 year olds security kid that we cannot go through into the western stand until all of the gold members are out of the stand!!!!
After much arguing by the many parents standing with us trying to get their children down to meet their idols, we walked down next to the snake pit bar where some very kind gentlemen hoisted our children over the wall....

Looks like another email heading off Monday morning!!!
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:48 am

I was absolutely disgusted by the way the players did nothing to acknowledge the fans other than some half hearted clapping and a little circuit inside the middle of the pitch.

Compare that to MVFC getting up close and personal with their supporters.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Shane

Postby Shane Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Why do you all seem so surprised?

The Club are amateurs when it comes to community connect.

Western Sydney lead the way. You only have to compare Facebook pages between WSW and AUFC to see the difference, and that's just the internet.
Shano. Red to the core.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:36 pm

I was absolutely disgusted by the way the players did nothing to acknowledge the fans other than some half hearted clapping and a little circuit inside the middle of the pitch.

Compare that to MVFC getting up close and personal with their supporters.
Socceroos did this to us in Paris, we had to endure the embarrassing scoreling and the players snubbed the hundreds of fans!
it doesn't take much to make fans happy! :bang:
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 pm

I had expressed my concerns with the food and drinks queuing in week 1, and knew that they'd struggle with a game such as AU v MV. Seems my expression of concern didn't reach the right people's ears.
andyj
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:04 am

I had expressed my concerns with the food and drinks queuing in week 1, and knew that they'd struggle with a game such as AU v MV. Seems my expression of concern didn't reach the right people's ears.
The club did send out an email saying they had received complaints about the catering and had taken up the issue with AEC. They indicated that there would be an improvement for the victory game.
To me it did look like thy had more staff on, however it appeared as though they had been poorly trained, and were poorly managed.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:10 am

What they need is dedicated staff serving each line taking cash, then other lackies pouring beers like their being whipped. Stack them on the counter and people will grab them.

Don't take the order, slowly pour the beers yourself, then get back to serving. It's just plain stupid.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:10 pm

What they need is dedicated staff serving each line taking cash, then other lackies pouring beers like their being whipped. Stack them on the counter and people will grab them.

Don't take the order, slowly pour the beers yourself, then get back to serving. It's just plain stupid.
Bingo. I've written an email to AEC about this. It's hard to believe that the managers on each bar aren't organising things this way :?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”