GRIFFIN OUT

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ChillyPhilly
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

GRIFFIN OUT

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm

This needs no description, and nor does what is below.

http://www.facebook.com/greggriffinout

http://www.griffinout.com
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: GRIFFIN OUT

Postby sevengoals Sat May 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Has something else happened?
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat May 25, 2013 6:43 pm

It's simply time for him to walk.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
rusty81

Postby rusty81 Sat May 25, 2013 8:27 pm

It's simply time for him to walk.
If you found someone willing to chip in a mil to buy him out I reckon he would take you up on it
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun May 26, 2013 9:17 am

So Griffin goes and then what? What is the plan?
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun May 26, 2013 10:01 am

I like the letter except for the end bit where you threaten to encourage others to leave.

I don't think threats are a good bargaining tool as it will encourage the board to be defensive.

The rest of the letter is good and I'm sure there is valid reasoning behind wanting Griffen out over other board members.

Can you please elaborate on what he has specifically done? I thought Elliot et al were just as much to blame.
Schultzy

Postby Schultzy Sun May 26, 2013 10:18 am

I have been thinking more and more about this, and reading the comments on 442...

I really don't think this was handled in the right way at all. There has been alot of mistakes yes, but I feel this should have been left at the very least to next season and or after we have these supposed fan forums, I had thought there had been some improvement from the club and some obvious points of effort made on some of the things we stated in the last letter.

However I think this letter has done a poor job by trying to represent all people, alot whom don't agree with it. I also think that the aggresive sections of the letter were not needed and only take away from its credibility.

my 2c
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun May 26, 2013 1:11 pm

I like the letter except for the end bit where you threaten to encourage others to leave.
I don't like the bit where I'm to be instructed to not renew my membership. It's my bloody membership and I'll do with it as I please. I am happy to receive petitioners who wish to influence the decision I make however that's about as far as it goes.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sun May 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Big mistake in strategy. Badly timed. Unrepresentative. Will harm only those who have signed it, which is a great shame because we all know that most (if not all of you) love the club.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun May 26, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm a bit shocked tbh, after all those well-publicised cockups a while back I thought everyone was reasonably happy that the club & the Board were at least attempting to make amends and get the supporters back on side. Our owners are far from perfect but having someone to stump up the cash always beats being the FFA's charity case.
I've been critical of the club in the past, but disappointed that this is happening just when we should be starting to get excited about the upcoming season and the future of our football club.
And as blahblah said, I'll renew my membership if & when I feel like it, thanks. I'm a United member but do not agree with the sentiments of the letter, so please do not claim to represent me.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sun May 26, 2013 6:55 pm

The letter does not represent me or my views, so I'm not sure why the signatories decided that they would lump me in with the crowd. Stupid mistake. Ill-planned and inflammatory comments like that will do nothing for your cause.
rusty81

Postby rusty81 Sun May 26, 2013 7:25 pm

So pleased to see that this is a minority group and not representative of all supporters. Although there is no denying the board have made some big mistakes they have paid for most of them out of their own pocket.
Currenty Michael Petrillo is on his way to scout some Spanish players. Get excited about the new coach and lets unite behind the club and hope for a change towards the new season!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun May 26, 2013 7:50 pm

So we are heaping all the blame on griffin?

This fixes nothing and does not offer a solution that will help the club grow. Nor does it specify exactly what Griffin has done to deserve this honour.

We need stability behind closed doors and a better understanding from our board that our game is very unique to any other sport in this country and they should not be scared of this, nor should they be scared of us.

Fan forums and a collaboration between fan groups and AUFC management will solve this.

I am absolutely not a fan of throwing the toys out of the pram to get our way. It will achieve nothing.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
redmum
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Anything not involving pedophiles ;)

Postby redmum Sun May 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Those of you suggesting that you believe that the cock ups at AU are over with and have been apologised for and that the club has learnt from its mistakes...etc etc....
have obviously not attended meetings or had recent talks with any hierarchy at the club recently.
The cock ups are not over, they are not sorry for those which have occurred, and they don't really give a toss about us...
Sometimes you have to realise that you can't keep going back to someone after they say sorry over and over again, just up have them kick you in the face over and over again. At some stage, you have to pick up your bruised and battered body and shout 'Enough Is Enough'...!
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sun May 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Jesus Christ.

Here we go again.

I swear some people have nothing else in their lives besides creating a soap opera about a football club.

Nothing they will do will ever be good enough, yet without them you will have nothing to whinge about because there will be no club left. Yeah I don't agree with some of what they have done, but Jesus Christ give it a rest for a few months.

In fact, fuck it I am going to renew my and my mrs membership RIGHT NOW after reading that dribble.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”