2013/14 membership will you renew?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Will you renew your membership next season?

No
20%
Yes
40%
Possibly if things drastically change at the club
40%

Total votes: 35
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

2013/14 membership will you renew?

Postby shinAUFC Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:32 am

Seems to be a bit of a hot topic right now!!

Who actually intends on renewing?
Who intends on still attending games altogether?

Long before i ever started posting on forums i just read the content without being a registered user. There are many people still around from those days who's posts and blogs i enjoyed reading and what i find very sad is that every single one of them are expressing their disbelief in the club and dont intend to renew their memberships unless things change.

I hate to say it but i will be one of those people also.

If people do not intend to renew and feel strongly about it, i would highly recommend them to to write a letter to the club outlining their reasons.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: 2013/14 membership will you renew?

Postby lufcmike Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:00 am

2 Weeks ago I said definitely not, now its a definite maybe. I'll see who the coach is first and see what player go and what players come to the club before I hand over the cash.
I suppose also there will be an increase in the cost of membership too.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:08 am

I suppose it's too much to expect the club to actually read posts on a supporters' forum, so we might have to write them letters.

I didn't vote because my vote would be for 'probably' - if I had to renew right now I certainly wouldn't, but an off-season heals many wounds. I can imagine that with a few changes in the squad and (especially) coaching staff I will start getting excited about the game again.

This was the first season since 05-06 where I have opted to miss some games despite having a season ticket, even when I haven't really had much else on that would preclude me from going.

I missed the game yesterday essentially because I couldn't be arsed, I knew it would be money down the drain, so I watched at the pub instead.

I'm feeling very jaded about it all at the moment but life as a football supporter is partly about having hope where there should be none, so deep down I know I'll probably be back for more pain next season.

In the meantime, mon Coasties, nobody deserves the Championship more than they do.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:13 am

for me personally current form has nothing to do with renewing, i (as most ) renewed even when we won the spoon.

Its about not feeling connected to the club and feeling as though behind the smile the club has its middle finger up under the desk.

Yet ironically im VERY excited and enthusiastic for the A-league.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 am

If Valkanis is installed as head coach I'll chop up my membership, send it back in the mail and never renew again.

Otherwise if the club turns things around and takes some positive steps in the off season then I probably will.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:58 am

A few of us will soon start work on organising an open fans' forum. This will, I hope help in many regards.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Justonegoal

Postby Justonegoal Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:35 pm

First time ive posted on here for a long time, im passionate about this topic.

I did not renew my membership last season just gone, because of Kossie, but i was happy to attend games and was happy to be wrong about what Kossie was able to get the boys to produce on the park.

In very simple terms, i am more than likely not going to get a season ticket/membership for the new season. i really want to see some real passion for the club owners and admin that they are focused on more than just accounting.

to me this is more than just a new coach, new players, i want to put my money into a club with a positive culture for winning football games on the pitch.

the history books dont show which club made a profit at the end of the season, they show who the championship team were!
KvP

Postby KvP Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:41 pm

2 Weeks ago I said definitely not, now its a definite maybe. I'll see who the coach is first and see what player go and what players come to the club before I hand over the cash.
I suppose also there will be an increase in the cost of membership too.
2 weeks ago I said not on your life, but I renewed after we won the spoon with Vidmar so its odds on I'll renew this time too. I won't be buying any $65 coffee mugs though! :bang:

As far as I'm concerned, if my sister married a douchebag I wouldn't cut her off; you support your loved ones through difficulty. I love United so the odds are I'll support them regardless of who is the coach.
Look at my signature. "Any coach any players, United til I die"
It will be next to impossible to get my Dad along with me as I have for the last 4 years if Valkanis gets the job. I am sick of this club being 'happy' with nearly and " we tried hard" , I want to see ruthless determination to win the bloody thing. I have my medical issues which many of you know about. I'd dearly love to see United be crownmed champions of Australia before I die. :bow:
Any coach, Any players, training on the moon, United 'til I die!

I worship the Truncated icosahedron :)
RedGrant

Postby RedGrant Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Long time reader, first time poster....

Yes, will be renewing but only on the condition Valkanis is not appointed. This is my club and although they frustrate me I will always support them.

Valkanis is not the man for the job. I do not want to hear comments such as "I think the lads are ready for this" or "finishing 4th is good enough, we wanted a home final and we achieved that"....no, what I wanted to hear was "the lads will fight for this and they are ready", "4th is not good enough, not with an ACL spot up for grabs and the possibility of meeting Perth and CCM, who are extended because of their ACL campaign, we needed to finish top 3".

Valkanis seems to be an issue at the club and it makes me wonder if Rini was on to something. His changes were drastic and did not work, or we did not give them time, but there was a constant undermining there.

Signing Valkanis shows a lack of ambition by the club and a repeat of the rubbish we are seeing now. I envy Western Sydney, they have the right man, the passion and the crowds, it is everything we could and should be. I have watched the crowds and passion decline over the years, we are not attracting new supporters nor catering for the existing ones.

My patience can only go so far...
Ray
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Ray Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:20 pm

I will renew, but for the first time ever I've actually had to think about whether I will.

All that tells me is that all is not well with our club.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:51 pm

If Valkanis is appointed no, otherwise maybe.

I just don't feel connected with the club, the amateur mistakes they make off the pitch and on the pitch have annoyed me this year. I never used to miss a game, this year I missed 4. Even with a season ticket, all were toward the end if the season, I just didn't care anymore.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:34 pm

i will renew if i feel like the club belongs to adelaide again. the last two seasons the passion of the club has diminished and the way the fans are treated has had an overall negative effect on my feelings towards the club
KvP

Postby KvP Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:03 pm

I posted this on 442 about 30 minutes ago. I'm pretty steamed at how shambolic my club is looking, but simply boycotting the club is not an option for me. If we're to do anything, we must commit to the club and drive change ourselves.
-----
A football club is like your family, you don't abandon your sister because she marries an arsehole. I didn't leave when we were embarrassed 6-0 by the tards, I didn't leave when we 'won' the spoon under Vidmar, I kept going when we looked terrible under Coolen. I will be there next year I guess. I'll struggle to muster the enthusiasm to renew my ST if a spud like Valkanis is appointed coach, but A supporter is there in the bad times so that we can truly bask in the glorious times should the football Gods bless us with a winning team. At least we're not Cleveland Browns fans, that whole city is poison to Major League teams, their leading sports blog is actually called Clevelandfrowns.com.
Sadder than even Adelaide's failures and Gosford's choking put together
http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/the ... id=2954423
read it and weep.
--------
Any coach, Any players, training on the moon, United 'til I die!

I worship the Truncated icosahedron :)
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 pm

I'll renew because I enjoy the going to the games and even when we lose and i get really angry or upset it just means I'm still interested. And I like my seat ;)

I definitely will not be buying a financial membership again! Has no value. I bought it this year to support the club and thought the more I invest the better for the club but if all it actually does is help their bottom line what's the point. They don't put any money into supporting fans so why should I support their quest to turn a profit.

Don't get me wrong, I have the same issues as everyone else. I definitely don't want Valkanis to be head coach but I don't think member numbers falling will change that, I think it's already decided if he will be signed on or not.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm

I agree with the financial membership. I will be drinking so much fucking red wine at that members day I will puke. Then I will keep drinking. Get my $ worth.

The poncho fell apart
The mug looks horrible and it fades
The sticker faded on my car after 2 weeks

What else did we get out of it?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”