Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!

Postby Interloper Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Yeah there were some iffy decisions. I thought the linesmen were supposed to give the benefit of any doubt they have to the attacker?
From the replay they showed during the game there was no doubt over jeronimo's position. It was an extremely narrow margin, but clearly offside. As I said before though, it depends on if the freeze frame was the moment of the kick or 1/2 frames after.

It's extremely bizarre that the assistant didn't signal at the time though.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Some people are saying it was clearly our goal and some are saying it was offside. What's the verdict?

Either way, 1-1 was fair and perhaps flattering. We were pretty bad until we actually chased the game. We NEVER fight for a game until we are down. This has to change.

Thoughts:

- Marcelo Carrusca: Superb footballer. All class. Did you see how hard he was running in the 2nd half. Inspiring.
- Dario Vidosic: DROP HIM. Always tries for too much. Sure, he has athletic talent but it is highly ineffective. Should have finished his chance by going for the bottom corner instead of power. He also fades away in games for long periods. I saw him fight for the ball ONCE tonight. Ask yourself: Why did he not make it in the Bundesliga and why does Holger overlook him?
- Ian Ramsay: False skill and all pseudo pace. Not good enough.

- Eugene Galekovic: See that hard return? That's because this needs some space for all your attention. Eugene is a great shot-stopper, excellent, maybe lucky. What Eugene lacks is brains. Why the fuck did he pick up the throw in? He is our captain and should know the rules of socca. Why the fuck did Fyfe or Galekovic not just clear the ball? I love Eugene, but he should not be our captain and not be told to hang on to the ball or play out from the back. He isn't good at it.
- Our CBs: I thought Juric was superb and didn't need to be subbed. He and our midfield - players that are GOOD with the ball at their feet - where ignored by an incompetent CB pairing that don't know their ears from their assholes. Carrusca and co kept presenting for balls to feet repeatedly but our dodgy CB pairing kept playing wide or long diagonal passes. This meant that whoever received the ball had no support, no one to pass to, and where so isolated they had nothing to do with our midfield.

Otherwise, a frustrating and embarrassing return to Hindmarsh. What else is new?
:| vido chased hard quite a few times...he has held this team together in so many games and won games almost single handed....also eugene deserves captaincy...he also keeps us in so many games with freak saves...
i agree juric should have never come off.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Huge definitely deserves to be captain - he has been an absolute legend for Adelaide United.

I just think an outfield player would be more productive for the team. Have someone who can rile up the opposition, gee up our boys when they are down etc. There's only so much Huge can do from 50m away, isolated in the goals.
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:00 pm

I agree with that EdDog. It is vital to have a captain in the outfield. For an outfield player, and despite they know he is captain, a keeper yelling at his players isn't anything new and is probably ineffective.

Also, how many times does Eugene need to yell at Boogard "keepers! keepers! keepers!" before he follows instructions and let's Eugene claim the ball. This happened three times last night and every time Boogard headed it either to a Newcastle player or into a 50/50.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Boogaard is simply a dumb footballer. Look at his decision making,it is like Under 10 level.
No wonder the defence is in a constant state of shamble when you add our ongoing lack of RB.
That was a gift of a goal to add to our collection of gifted goals, just look at how many goals we are gifted- not many at all, yet we give them away from the most unimaginable situations. Like a throw in yesterday, a penalty to Berisha with 1 attacker against 6 defenders and so. Cue to Benny Hill music when doing the season review videos..
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Anyways, next year, I think it's crucial that A-League referees are full time. Maybe not every referee but at least the main ones.
On this, do all referees get rotated evenly between all clubs over the course of the season? It feels like we get a bad deal but that could just be an AU bias.

If this is not the case and refs are not rotated evenly across fixtures, then having "main"refs full time won't make a difference. The good refs will always go to the big fixtures.

Take for example Stebre Delovski. A fine ref. But we don't see him officiating Adelaide games enough.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Agree Claw, Boogard is good at winning contested headers but that is all and they generally go straight back to an opponent. I would hate to see our balls in the box against us stats for this season. It seems like teams just waltz into our box willy nilly and fire off shots which is just lucky Eugene is a good shot stopper most of the time.

Telling stat-

Accurate passes 287 ADL - 409 NEW
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:49 am

Supsup - by main refs I mean at least the referee running around on the park needs to be full time. The linesmen - although sometimes just as important - you could probably get away with having part timers (except last night it was linesmen who changed the game!!).

Anyway, our refs need a lot more training regardless.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:40 am

It was ref Lucien Laverdure's seventh or eighth game. Very unwise.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:16 am

Eh he could probably be given the benefit of the doubt, but Newcastle had a bad run with the refs too.

And I don't think we deserved to win, was a terrible performance apart from Cassio and Carrusca.

Just on the latter - anyone hear anymore about his injury? I saw him pull up lame after his run down the wing. It's his problematic groin by the looks of it. Hopefully he's not out for too long.
apparently he has done his groin. waiting for today's MRI to see the extent of damage.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:33 am

It was ref Lucien Laverdure's seventh or eighth game. Very unwise.
He has been a 4th official and linesman in the HAL for quite some time though.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:52 am

Dario's running style etc can make him look a bit casual or something but I reckon he works just as hard (if not harder) than the rest of our midfield.
As for the goal we conceded, that's one of the most embarrassing moments I've seen from the Reds. Galekovic was the one with a clear view of the situation, as 'keeper it's his duty to either yell at his CB to clear the fucker, or else to leave it for him to deal with. Unfortunately just seemed to have a brain fart at that point.. obviously he still has a LOT of credit in the bank so can't go too hard on him.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:34 pm

sigh of releif for carrusca
ADELAIDE United playmaker Marcelo Carrusca's fears he would miss the rest of the season with a groin injury have today disappeared.

Adelaide officials told AdelaideNow that MRI scans confirmed Carrusca had strained his groin during Friday’s 1-1 draw with Newcastle Jets.

After it was first thought the Argentinean had ruptured his adductor when he was forced off the park in the 75th minute, a strained groin was the best-case scenario said a Reds official.

Carrusca, however, is expected to miss Sunday's home clash against Central Coast Mariners but should be fit to resume when the Reds face Perth Glory on Easter Saturday before the finals series kicks off in April.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 6599739568
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Good result. Looked bad at the time. He's been in fine form recently.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Lucky it's not too serious, no point rushing him back this week, gotta win that playoff AFCCL spot ;)

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”