Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

The Claw
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar FC Match Day Jamboree!!!

Postby The Claw Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:57 pm

I am so angry watching this pathetic effort. If this is Micky V auditioning, no thanks
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:57 pm

game over

0-1

Boos ring out at Hindmarsh for all of 2 seconds.
Just about says it all.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Bruuuuuuuuce
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Forever failing. Congratulations lads.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:58 pm

I think my favourite bit was when Kostopoulos got the ball in space looked up, saw the keeper 40m off his line and decided not to shoot. Have to maintain possession!
redhorse
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Postby redhorse Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:01 pm

How we didn't lose that 8 or 9 nil ill never know. we are a shambles and will be out in straight sets in the finals. looking forward to AFL season now
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 pm

I feel like we have nothing in the midfield. Watson doesn't offer much going forward and Dario and Carrusca are too peripheral to the game when both have to be central parts.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:04 pm

It looks like Vidosic and Carrusca have not been introduced to each other.

Is there some clash of our "creators"?

Man that sucks.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 pm

For the last few weeks I have been feeling guilty for my negativity, which has been regular. Now I know it was completely justified.

That was our worst performance in my recent memory.

Valkanis is not our answer. I didn't like his starting 11 from the outset. Our shape was utterly wrong from the very beginning.

'Playing it out from the back' is a tactic teams with a system use - a system based on movement. It is also used by teams that central defenders capable of being composed on the ball - intelligent players (unlike Boogard and Golec) who understand who they should pass to and when. Arguably, Galekovic is not the keeper to play this style either. He is a great shot stopper but that's it.

We seem to play a shape that is essentially a 4-1-5. There was NO ONE in midfield today and there hasn't been for weeks. There is NO movement. NO shape. We ONLY play ourselves into trouble and it is shit.

The coach:
Whatever he said at half-time did't go down well. Players strolled out at the start of the 2nd half looking depressed. He probably 'gave it to them' in the old style. If you don't have tactics, Valkanis, you need a side with fight. This has neither.

Players who showed up today:
- Carrusca. He is let down by his fellow midfielders. I saw a physical side to Carrusca I hadn't seen before and the usual creativity. The team should be built around him.
- Vidosic. Always huffs and puffs but is a selfish player. I think sevengoals might be right about a clash there. They wan't to play together but they don't suit each other. I nearly put him in the list below. I don't rate him.
- Mabil. I think this kid is a smart and proactive player for the future.
- Malik.
- Cassio.

Players I couldn't care less if I ever saw again:
- Watson. To be fair to Cameron he would be an OK midfielder in a team with two other ball-breaking, hard-working midfielders. He is not and never will be a solo CDM. I can't blame Cameron too much, if a coach selects you, you play.
- Boogard. Three turnovers in three minutes at the start of the game says it all. I'd say he turned it over at least double that over the course of the match and he consistently makes the wrong decision with the ball.
- Golec. Showed potential a while back but not good enough.
- Jeronimo. Silly and selfish player without a killer strike that often gets the ref offside with incessant complaining and always wants the ball played through on him. We need a striker that does more than that.
- Kostopoulos. Will NEVER EVER be a player. Stop playing him FFS!!!

I've been going to see this club for a long time now. Next time they play I will struggle to be keen to go. The players are clearly lacking any confidence, the coach is inept, there is no system and there are at least 4 or 5 duds in our team, including our tactician.

:bh:
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:35 pm

We are done.
I can honestly say in my 30 odd years of watching football, our defence and ovearll team structure is probably the worst I have seen.
Our defence is an absoulute disgrace.

We deserve to lose
:bh: This is true. Structure was the worst from the beginning. A good team would have had a number of goals on us in the first 20 minutes.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:44 pm

It would have been 8 or 9 nil if we had played CCM or WSW today. We looked incapable of stopping any sort of attack, or we would help them create.

Boogaard passes his first 3 to Roar really sets the tone. To me we need leadership, there is none in this team. We need a great coach but the issue for me is that the Duds with exception of Kosta, Barbs and Ramsey are all signed up for next season.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 pm

For the last few weeks I have been feeling guilty for my negativity, which has been regular. Now I know it was completely justified.

That was our worst performance in my recent memory.

Valkanis is not our answer. I didn't like his starting 11 from the outset. Our shape was utterly wrong from the very beginning.

'Playing it out from the back' is a tactic teams with a system use - a system based on movement. It is also used by teams that central defenders capable of being composed on the ball - intelligent players (unlike Boogard and Golec) who understand who they should pass to and when. Arguably, Galekovic is not the keeper to play this style either. He is a great shot stopper but that's it.

We seem to play a shape that is essentially a 4-1-5. There was NO ONE in midfield today and there hasn't been for weeks. There is NO movement. NO shape. We ONLY play ourselves into trouble and it is shit.

The coach:
Whatever he said at half-time did't go down well. Players strolled out at the start of the 2nd half looking depressed. He probably 'gave it to them' in the old style. If you don't have tactics, Valkanis, you need a side with fight. This has neither.

Players who showed up today:
- Carrusca. He is let down by his fellow midfielders. I saw a physical side to Carrusca I hadn't seen before and the usual creativity. The team should be built around him.
- Vidosic. Always huffs and puffs but is a selfish player. I think sevengoals might be right about a clash there. They wan't to play together but they don't suit each other. I nearly put him in the list below. I don't rate him.
- Mabil. I think this kid is a smart and proactive player for the future.
- Malik.
- Cassio.

Players I couldn't care less if I ever saw again:
- Watson. To be fair to Cameron he would be an OK midfielder in a team with two other ball-breaking, hard-working midfielders. He is not and never will be a solo CDM. I can't blame Cameron too much, if a coach selects you, you play.
- Boogard. Three turnovers in three minutes at the start of the game says it all. I'd say he turned it over at least double that over the course of the match and he consistently makes the wrong decision with the ball.
- Golec. Showed potential a while back but not good enough.
- Jeronimo. Silly and selfish player without a killer strike that often gets the ref offside with incessant complaining and always wants the ball played through on him. We need a striker that does more than that.
- Kostopoulos. Will NEVER EVER be a player. Stop playing him FFS!!!

I've been going to see this club for a long time now. Next time they play I will struggle to be keen to go. The players are clearly lacking any confidence, the coach is inept, there is no system and there are at least 4 or 5 duds in our team, including our tactician.

:bh:
I do agree. I feel we are all a little soft on Dario. He should be classed in the same bracket as Broich, Rojas, Rogic, Ono and ADP as one of the best attacking midfielders in the HAL but he IMO just spends far too long out of the game.
The worst part about today was the general skill level shown by the players. Almost everytime we start pushing forward we make a pass and the player spends 5 seconds getting the ball under control allowing the defence to close in and restrict our options. As we saw with the goal we provided all the build up play for Brissy. They just had to win a turnover and slot it home.

I'm starting to feel like I didn't with Rini at the end and the Socceroos until a couple of months ago. I'm not really looking forward to our next game.
Time to Djbate!
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm repeating everybodies sentitments, we are worse than a shower. That was a disgraceful performance ( even by amateur league standards) we were lucky Brisbane are almost as bad.

I was planning a long spiel coming home in the car but others have stolen my thunder somewhat, but I'm getting like the players I just don't give a toss.

Unfortunately will make the finals but the season really is over, you could not see us getting another point this season. The players don't care (and don't hurt it seems) We should for the sake of football in Australia ask to forfeit the finals and let 7th place in rather than waste everybodies time.

One thing 3 sent offs in 3 games, that says where we at.
Bruuuuuuuuce
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:17 pm

Great post supsup. I agree with pretty much all of it.

You actually need players that are capable of playing the ball out from the back. Today I witnessed 4 players that simply cannot do that with any success. It was embarrassing and the amount of times they went back to Eugene because the Roar kept pushing us back was simply embarrassing.

Our midfield is horrible. We have no CDM. This is something we MUST strengthen in the off-season because the answer isn't Watson. Whilst he has done a good job there on the couple of occasions this season, McKain isn't the answer either. The holes in the middle today were a disgrace. How long can you keep letting Brisbane players receive the ball, with no one around them, and let them push forward. Same with the flanks as Broich and Franjic did as they pleased.

Valkanis isn't our answer. For the love of God Adelaide, please make the right decision on this matter. The club is a basket case at the moment and we need to make correct calls going forward.
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Did anyone catch Galekovic's post game comments? I didn't. Anyone fill me in?

A captain in that situation should be ripping into his teammates and asking for more.

LASTLY, we all blame Cameron Watson for so much but I think he is a victim of shit decisions higher up. He tries bloody hard for this club. When he came off I looked at the big screen and I am 100% certain he shook his head at Valkanis and said some truths. I feel he was disagreeing with the system that Valkanis put out and quite rightly too.
smooth_pockets

Postby smooth_pockets Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:20 pm

I was actually quite excited coming into this match with Juric, Jeronimo, Vidosic, Mabil and Carrusca as our attacking players.

I don't care what anyone says, that should be a dynamic attack!

You can talk structure all you like, good bad or indifferent. It is ALL about attitude with this lot.

I would throw structure out the window and just give one instruction to press and close down EVERY opposition player who has the ball. Don't second guess any opportunity to get the ball.

This is exactly what we did against Victory and it brought with it an intent and mindset that we were switched on.

There aren't any leaders in this club in the midfield to get that going without McKain there. So someone needs to take responsibility to start it...and I'm looking at you Dario!

As for playing from the back, this is just wank. We look best when Eugene hoofs it long, at least it creates a near 50-50 situation in our front third. No point playing from the back if you do have backs that can PLAY. Boogard is not a footballers backside, he is tall and strong, so play to those strengths and just clear the ball the hell out of there. Golec is quick, but can't pass...so don't try and do it. Our backs are sometimes given space because the opposition doesn't rate them and we actually look our best when they can actually dribble the ball FORWARD.

Forward seems to be a dirty word at AUFC, seems you can only go forward by hitting a miracle pass. How about taking some players on. When you get the ball in midfield, look to turn quick and move forward. Don't just play it back to Boogs and Golec who don't have any idea what to do with it. What I'd ive to have Leckie back, his success was that he just powered forward, made the opponent make the tackle.

FFS just DO SOMETHING!
Last edited by smooth_pockets on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”