Thoughts for match ads

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

davidbloop
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Thoughts for match ads

Postby davidbloop Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Well, I've noticed on facebook, twitter etc. All the other clubs seem to have proper ads up for each of their matches. AUFC afaik doesn't do this so I thought well fuck it, I'll have a crack at doing it anyway. I'm bored and had nothing better to do anyway so I did a quick one up for this weekend's match against Sydney as a test. By all means, do not judge this as my best work, i made this in about 10 minutes and didn't try. I figured an image along these lines would be better than nothing though.

I was wondering what you guys thought and if it would be worth me just doing this for certain matches for us to spread ourselves if the club isn't going to.

Click the image for a bigger version:

davidbloop

Re: Thoughts for match ads

Postby davidbloop Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 pm

and I just realised the timezone is wrong, should just be AEDT... great work David haha, well anyway it's more of a concept
redmum
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Anything not involving pedophiles ;)

Postby redmum Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Partof our chat with Glenn was exactly about this sort of thing.
As of next week they will have a full time employee looking after marketing, Facebook etc...
This morning I recieved an email from Glenn which was very positive and asking for suggestions/ideas which a few of us will be taking to him at a meeting organised for early March. The ball is rolling!!! ;)
But, obviously things are not going to change dramatically overnight, and the club really do appreciate any help us supporters are willing to take on off our own back. I'm sure they won't have a problem with you advertising the game in Facebook and Twitterlands, as long as it follows all the appropriate rules and regulations :)

Great work by the way! :D
davidbloop

Postby davidbloop Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Ah well that's good news. Hopefully this new employee does a good job
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:50 pm

No harm in sending in our own ads and ideas, in my opinion. The club should reward proactive thinking.

I pretty much run the AUFC Red Terrace Facebook page, so if you ever get bored yet motivated, feel free to send me stuff like this and I'll upload it :)
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Great job Dave. Just goes to show a little effort and skill goes a long way. 10 mins a week is all the required. It probably takes them just as long to word a status update about the upcoming match.

Great job.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Partof our chat with Glenn was exactly about this sort of thing.
As of next week they will have a full time employee looking after marketing, Facebook etc...
This morning I recieved an email from Glenn which was very positive and asking for suggestions/ideas which a few of us will be taking to him at a meeting organised for early March. The ball is rolling!!! ;)
But, obviously things are not going to change dramatically overnight, and the club really do appreciate any help us supporters are willing to take on off our own back. I'm sure they won't have a problem with you advertising the game in Facebook and Twitterlands, as long as it follows all the appropriate rules and regulations :)

Great work by the way! :D
Looking forward to what they are going to come up with. Considering the amount promotion we have now, a change will be easily noticeable one would think.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:02 pm

Yeah hopefully we do see a change soon. The fact AUFC have basically missed the fact that they have 32,000 people following them on facebook shows they have a large captive audience. If you look at the Crows they have roughly 80,000 fans on FB and get roughly 40,000 per game. We have 32,000 and get roughly 10,000 a game. We need to be working hard to get that 50% mark that Crows get. 50% 0f 32,000 is 16,000. I would be over the moon if AU could regularly attract a crowd that good!
I'm not saying thats an exact science but the possiblities are there to see!
Time to Djbate!
davidbloop

Postby davidbloop Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:46 am

I think I might keep an eye on how it goes and if I feel it'd help, I'll make them up for the AUFC matches for people to share amongst themselves. I'll wait and see what they have that happens though. I don't think I should bother unless I notice the club is missing in an area.
Shane

Postby Shane Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:19 am

Yeah hopefully we do see a change soon. The fact AUFC have basically missed the fact that they have 32,000 people following them on facebook shows they have a large captive audience.
This exactly the point I made with others after the financial members meeting.

We need to really ramp up our community connect and put strategies in place to drive club growth.
Shano. Red to the core.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:52 am

Do you think the owners have now realised 'Oh wow, the supporters are actually really passionate' whereas before they didn't understand that?

Seems to be a lot of progress in a few months, seriously well done guys.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 am

Do you think the owners have now realised 'Oh wow, the supporters are actually really passionate' whereas before they didn't understand that?

Seems to be a lot of progress in a few months, seriously well done guys.
x10

Probably a combination of the owners not wanting to listen and fans being reluctant to contribute.

I think everyone who browses WATR's now knows just what a fan base can achieve and the club seems to also be onboard now. So atleast we are all going in the same direction now
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:26 pm

I think I might keep an eye on how it goes and if I feel it'd help, I'll make them up for the AUFC matches for people to share amongst themselves. I'll wait and see what they have that happens though. I don't think I should bother unless I notice the club is missing in an area.
David, do it anyway and send them to the club - you never know what might happen...
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:05 pm

David, do it anyway and send them to the club - you never know what might happen...
i second that!

even if they never use your stuff they are still receiving quality material that puts their media guy under pressure to produce something better since he is being paid.

Plus you never know, something might come up on the side and they might divy it out to you.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
smooth_pockets

Postby smooth_pockets Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:44 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but there seems to be some misconception about how hard it is to get a park near Hindmarsh. I never have a problem getting a park on or near South Rd and I never have to wait in traffic to get out. On the surface it seems as though it would be a nightmare, but it seems to flow pretty easily.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”