Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sevengoals Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:03 pm

New signing, welcome María José Rojas!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:19 pm

Abetew has signed a senior contract which gets us up to 19 senior players and 6 scholarships.

All we need is a Troisi replacement and we are all set.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:26 am

Abetew has signed a senior contract which gets us up to 19 senior players and 6 scholarships.

I dont think we'll get/need a Troisi replacement. But if you want, I'm the wrong side of 30, been to Europe and spend a lot of time with the physio...
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:37 am

I dont think we'll get/need a Troisi replacement. But if you want, I'm the wrong side of 30, been to Europe and spend a lot of time with the physio...
Haha go on! If you can demand an excessive wage and promise to bail on us the morning of a match I'll get the paperwork printed!
Time to Djbate!
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:52 pm

Those responses did make me laugh.

The club did say they were looking at bringing in a replacement and I think we need a bit more creativity in the side, not to mention we lack a bit of depth in midfield.

If the replacement can play on the wing as well, then that’s even better.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:47 am

Apostolos Stamatelopoulos and WU reach mutual termination.

Disappointing for the kid, if he hadn't already he should ditch his agent. It was poor advice to leave AU when he had one foot in the door.

Feel like he's missed his moment for us, maybe a season or 2 at the Jets and then come back to replace a Toure/Juric. The main thing is the boy moves somewhere he'll be playing week in, week out

https://www.wufc.com.au/news/apostolos- ... os-departs
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:08 pm

Apostolos Stamatelopoulos and WU reach mutual termination.

Disappointing for the kid, if he hadn't already he should ditch his agent. It was poor advice to leave AU when he had one foot in the door.

Feel like he's missed his moment for us, maybe a season or 2 at the Jets and then come back to replace a Toure/Juric. The main thing is the boy moves somewhere he'll be playing week in, week out

https://www.wufc.com.au/news/apostolos- ... os-departs
He certainly showed something with us before he left, however with the quality of the emerging talent we have in the front third there's no space for a return in the short-term.

I didn't realise he was off to the Jets.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:48 am

Players like him are exactly who the 2nd Div can't come quick enough for. This kids need regular game time within a decent league.
Time to Djbate!
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:02 pm

Disappointing to see him not kick in at WU but the Jets could be a really good move for him.

Yuel hardly got a look in at WU either and now he’s joint leading the golden boot.

Also it’s awesome how the Jets will now have 3 SA attackers in Yuel, AP and Tete Yengi as well as Johnny K and O’Toole. May as well relocate them here lol given they have so many SA players lol.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:53 pm

Young South Aussie players are making big impacts all over the place. Armiento has been great for Perth too.

Armiento would probably have been nice now that Troisi did the dirty on us but the fact we have too much talent to fit into our squad and players are needing to go elsewhere to play is good to see. Lot of hard work has been done in the local football scene and must be very rewarding for those involved to see it come to fruition.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:44 pm

Funny that AP has gone to the ownerless, managerless Jets given his reason for leaving us was around not knowing who'd replace Kurz.

Behind a paywall now but I remember reading about his agent Tony Rallis advising him to go.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/fo ... 685839d9ac

Anyway, I'm not bitter (much) just disappointed to see these kids have their careers derailed by idiotic agents.

Seems as though the Toure kids would be best off sticking with their father as their agent as he has THEIR best interests at heart.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:19 pm

Posted this on the FTBL forum but I'll post it here too.

5 games in and it’s clear to see the squad desperately needs some experience and quality. I can’t see us competing for the spoon so we aren’t that bad but at the same time, I think we need a mini rebuild. There seems to be a lot more out of contract players than normal we could see a lot of changes. This could go out the window in a few weeks given changes of form, tactics, injuries, etc but if I were Bruce, this is what I would be doing for next season.

Goalkeepers

Contacted for next season: Delianov, Cox (Scholarship)

Given Gauci, a scholarship player has overtaken Dakota as number two, I’d promote him to a senior contract and release Dakota

Defenders

Contacted for next season: Strain, Timotheou Kitto

Marrone: A very reliable and consistent performer for a number of years and a great servant to the club but this could be his last year. He had a shocker against Perth and was dropped for the Victory game and was benched in favour of Abetew last night. He did way more than Abetew did last night after he came on but it’s too early to say whether he’ll stick around for next season or not.

Abetew: Has played 3 games at Right Back despite being more of a centre back and hasn’t impressed in any of them. Given he will be 22 next season, he needs to quickly lift or be released and at this stage I would unless he shows significant improvement.

Elsey: A solid defender and a local boy who grew up supporting the club. Keep

Jakobsen: Has been one of the league’s best defenders for a number of years but I think we need to look at some younger options. Release.

Smith: On a one year scholarship deal but has been good for the most part. Keep and promote to a full time deal.

Javi Lopez: Looked very good against Victory but has spent a majority of his career at right back where we already have a good Australian player in Ryan Strain. I would release him and use the $ he’s on to strengthen other areas of the squad.

Midfielders

Contracted for next season: D’Arrigo, Caletti, Mauk

Konstandopoulos: A positive box to box mid who provides energy and is capable of scoring goals. Keep.

Caletti: I know I said he’s contracted but since his blinder in round 1, he has been poor and I don’t think we need him. Offer mutual termination and use the coin he’s on to find a cheap backup AM.

Troisi has already departed and the coin he was on can be used to fund a replacement obviously.

Forwards

Contracted for next season: Halloran, Al Hassan Toure, Mohamed Toure (scholarship but should be promoted to full time)

Juric: Looks good so far but not good enough to go overseas again. Keep.

Dukuly (scholarship) : Has shown promise but not AL standard yet. I would promote him to a full time deal just so we can meet the competition rules of having 3 U21 players on senior contracts.

Niyongabire: I like him but given he can’t get a game over Dukuly who he’s over two years older than and isn’t AL standard yet, I can’t justify keeping him. Release.

Yengi: Showed some promise last night but isn’t going to be playing much football given the players ahead of him. Keep but loan out.

Costanzo (scholarship): Hasn’t played yet but still young enough to stay on a scholarship deal. Keep.

In summary, this is what I think the squad should look like next season.

Starting XI

Delianov
Strain Elsey New Smith
new
Mauk new
Halloran Juric new

Second XI

Gauci
Marrone/new New Timotheou Kitto
D’Arrigo
Konstand new
A Toure M Toure Dukuly

Scholarships:
Cox
Costanzo
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:07 pm

Don’t know if it’s even possible, but surely Piet with his Dutch connections must be in the ear of his country man, Jizz Hornkamp.

I imagine the shirt sales and marketing opportunities with a name like that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizz_Hornkamp
sub007

Postby sub007 Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:16 pm

Don’t know if it’s even possible, but surely Piet with his Dutch connections must be in the ear of his country man, Jizz Hornkamp.

I imagine the shirt sales and marketing opportunities with a name like that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizz_Hornkamp
Scored 4 goals yesterday.

Sign him up, can't be worse than Caletti.
sub007

Postby sub007 Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:46 pm

Given we lack a technical creative player, would it be worth signing Lachy Brook on loan for the rest of the season?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”