Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:35 pm

So as Ilso begins to settle in as our target upfront are we happy enough to let blackwood and ilso compete for the first team abd hope we can move baba on fir a 10?

I felt ilso was a big reason our wingers were dangerous on friday allowing them to stay wide and holding down the central role.

With the money baba is on a quality 10 should be in reach.

We didn't seem to play with a 10 on Friday. It looked more like 2 x 9's with them both taking turns to drop into midfield to defend and harass when we didn't have the ball. I kept an eye on both Ilso and Halloran waiting for one to drop into a deeper role off the front guy when we had the ball but it didn't really eventuate.
I'm not saying we don't need a 10, just pointing out that we played without one, played well and won. So it might not be the "must get" we thought it was.
The previous week we basically played with 2 x 10's and that worked well. And the 2 players in question were Goodwin and Lia. Not exactly the guys you would expect to fill that role successfully.
Kurz seems to have that canny knack of switching formations and moving players around and making it work.
Yeah i agree its probably not totally needed but could move us from veing a potential top side to pitential premiers.

Kurz has showb alot of versatility this season which i think has surprised us all , me included .
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds United
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:16 pm

Could the Reds be talking to Bruce Djite? Bruce was the special guest on Foxtel's "Shootout" show and said that he was "in discussions" regarding his future back here in Australia. The only obstacle ( Apart from money/ length of contract) that I can see is that Sydney FC are looking for a striker.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Could the Reds be talking to Bruce Djite? Bruce was the special guest on Foxtel's "Shootout" show and said that he was "in discussions" regarding his future back here in Australia. The only obstacle ( Apart from money/ length of contract) that I can see is that Sydney FC are looking for a striker.
And Zanzibar in 3,2,1...........and he wouldn’t be wrong to be unhappy with that. Bruce is not the answer. Would rather have ap up front as a future player getting time over Bruce coming back.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:04 pm

According to FIFA there are roughly 265 million football players in the world. I find it amusing that some seem to think that Carrusca and Djite are the only players the club should sign. Personally I hope the club signs neither of these guys. There is an ocean of players out there and a completely unfit mid 30 year old is miles from the club's best option. I think there are better options just finishing up in the NPL this season.
Time to Djbate!
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:21 pm

"... so that we may offload him if we deem necessary and in the best interests of all parties."
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:27 pm

No....please god no........bruce can not return.
Get rid of diawara already. His career is done for. Has he played more than 3 full games in a row since signing with us
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:37 pm

I mean that media release pretty much subtexts the club's want to get rid of him. Finding any avenue possible now I think.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:49 am

"... so that we may offload him if we deem necessary and in the best interests of all parties."
They may want to check his lungs while they're at it, he puts the Cockle train at Goolwa to shame.

Djite his replacement ?
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:27 pm

According to FIFA there are roughly 265 million football players in the world. I find it amusing that some seem to think that Carrusca and Djite are the only players the club should sign. Personally I hope the club signs neither of these guys. There is an ocean of players out there and a completely unfit mid 30 year old is miles from the club's best option. I think there are better options just finishing up in the NPL this season.
Enjoying the reemergence of the Great Djibate.

I'm all for Bruce because he's a known quantity and provides exactly what we need. He's only 31 (not 'mid-30s'), knows many of the players, knows the club culture & the city, strong & physical presence, hard working, great with back to goal (which I think would work with the way we're playing under Kurz), experienced playing at high level, scores goals.
If anything he might be a little too similar to Ilso but I think he's better at being a focal point for the team to work around.
If there's an NPL striker that ticks all those boxes, let's have a crack, but honestly you can't discount someone with Bruce's pedigree and history at the club. Let's face it, our history with fishing in that 'ocean' of strikers is not great (hello Sergi Guardiola) so why would you turn away the bloke that won the premiership, championship & FFA cup while leading our line?
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Enjoying the reemergence of the Great Djibate.

I'm all for Bruce because he's a known quantity and provides exactly what we need. He's only 31 (not 'mid-30s'), knows many of the players, knows the club culture & the city, strong & physical presence, hard working, great with back to goal (which I think would work with the way we're playing under Kurz), experienced playing at high level, scores goals.
If anything he might be a little too similar to Ilso but I think he's better at being a focal point for the team to work around.
If there's an NPL striker that ticks all those boxes, let's have a crack, but honestly you can't discount someone with Bruce's pedigree and history at the club. Let's face it, our history with fishing in that 'ocean' of strikers is not great (hello Sergi Guardiola) so why would you turn away the bloke that won the premiership, championship & FFA cup while leading our line?

Lol, nice one Old Gregg - "We Want Bruce ! We Want Bruce !" :clap:

Seriously though, we are mid season here so unless he's ready to hit the ground running right away I would have to say no, albeit reluctantly.

He hasn't played a competitive game for 6 months and his last stint was injury plagued, so that would suggest signing him would be a tad risky to say the least.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Ahh didn't realise it was that long since he last played.
Who would we take from the NPL?
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
jasonkv
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Who put the Ball in the Melbourne net?

Postby jasonkv Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:39 pm

NPL Top 3 strikers

Campbelltown - Marc Marino
Adelaide City - Anthony Costa
MetroStars - Tom Strain
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Double post
Last edited by sub007 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Liam Boland.
Milos Lujic if he wants to quit being a teacher.
Ben Folami or Giannou on loan
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:48 pm

To be clear, my suggestion of signing Carrusca was weeks ago and was as an injury replacement until January. We're in a different situation now.

Bruce though is the type of hard working striker that'd do well under Marco. Not convinced that January is the right time though

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”