Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sub007 Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:24 pm

AP and Richards now on senior contracts.
https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/ ... nior-deals
supsup

Postby supsup Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Good news. And Carlo Armiento is on a scholarship deal, too.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:26 am

Carrusca? Ferriera? Seriously, you guys have all got nostalgia goggles on.
Somebody will be suggesting Marcos Flores next.
Having said that... anybody know what SVD is up to these days ? :wink:
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:48 am

Reckon we gotta get Travis Dodd back. He was looking thicc af in the Remembrance charity game but he's still got his goalscoring boots :lol:
we da best
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Reckon we gotta get Travis Dodd back. He was looking thicc af in the Remembrance charity game but he's still got his goalscoring boots :lol:
Saw him in the fruit and veg shop today. I’d just been for a run and was wearing my AUFC top. I felt like a full kit wanker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Carrusca? Ferriera? Seriously, you guys have all got nostalgia goggles on.
Somebody will be suggesting Marcos Flores next.
Having said that... anybody know what SVD is up to these days ? :wink:
:D

I reckon the club is on the same page. Surely the club hasn't signed Viddie just for back room roles! Lace up those boots Aurelio!!

:D
Time to Djbate!
AM2011
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce

Postby AM2011 Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Get rid of bubba and go after Bruno from city time to get a real striker and fork out the cash for him
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:52 am

Baba*

And no, I reckon weve seen the best of Fornaroli but he will still command enormous wages. Hes a lazy footballer and if theres something Kurz demands its work rate.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 am

Baba*

And no, I reckon weve seen the best of Fornaroli but he will still command enormous wages. Hes a lazy footballer and if theres something Kurz demands its work rate.
I agree. Obviously Bruno has a fantastic shot on him. But I'd much rather see AU fork out big coin on someone like Ninkovic. The club needs a class #10 who can find a player in the area. I have no doubt someone like Ilso would score a bagful if he was provided with the chance to take a decent shot 3-4 times per game.
Which is my point I bang on about year after year. IMO no AUFC striker has ever consistently had the opportunity to take 3-4 decent shots per game. Bruce never did, Blackwood never has, Baba never has and Ilso is the same. Great strikers like Bruno, Bobo and Berisha all had quality midfielders supplying them the ball. Pointing the finger at the striker every week is pointless when people don't look at what the 10 blokes behind that striker are doing.
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:13 am

Exactly.

Guys like Chelo gave Bruce no option but to score in the back end of our title year.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:26 pm

Baba*

I agree. Obviously Bruno has a fantastic shot on him. But I'd much rather see AU fork out big coin on someone like Ninkovic. The club needs a class #10 who can find a player in the area. I have no doubt someone like Ilso would score a bagful if he was provided with the chance to take a decent shot 3-4 times per game.
Which is my point I bang on about year after year. IMO no AUFC striker has ever consistently had the opportunity to take 3-4 decent shots per game. Bruce never did, Blackwood never has, Baba never has and Ilso is the same. Great strikers like Bruno, Bobo and Berisha all had quality midfielders supplying them the ball. Pointing the finger at the striker every week is pointless when people don't look at what the 10 blokes behind that striker are doing.
Totally agree.

If we can move baba on im very confident both blackwood and ilso will score goals with decent service, they have 2 quality wingers either side of them just need a 10.

I actually think this is blackwoods year, he looked very good prior to his injury and he is still young. Im hoping we can renew his contract going forward.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Exactly.

Guys like Chelo gave Bruce no option but to score in the back end of our title year.
Bruce and Carrusca linked up very rarely on the pitch and combined to score almost never.

Carrusca's assist numbers are surprisingly low given how much praise he always gets. He actually scored far more goals than he created over his career. Last season he played for AU he provided only 5 assists. While actual #10's are putting in 10+ assists per season, and Aaron Mooy provided over 20 the season that AU won the Championship.

IMO that period was Carrusca's best ever period for AU, but that was down to him actually being at a high level of fitness and a far larger involvement in AU's build up play. Over that period he put away a lot of his tricks and flicks as those weren't required for him to beat players and progress with the ball.

I'm not bagging Carrusca as a player. He was excellent, but the notion that he was this amazing creative outlet that delivered balls on a platter for Bruce is just not true.
Time to Djbate!
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Fornaroli has been left out of the City match squad again.

Might be worth tapping him up.
we da best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:51 pm

So as Ilso begins to settle in as our target upfront are we happy enough to let blackwood and ilso compete for the first team abd hope we can move baba on fir a 10?

I felt ilso was a big reason our wingers were dangerous on friday allowing them to stay wide and holding down the central role.

With the money baba is on a quality 10 should be in reach.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:17 pm

So as Ilso begins to settle in as our target upfront are we happy enough to let blackwood and ilso compete for the first team abd hope we can move baba on fir a 10?

I felt ilso was a big reason our wingers were dangerous on friday allowing them to stay wide and holding down the central role.

With the money baba is on a quality 10 should be in reach.

We didn't seem to play with a 10 on Friday. It looked more like 2 x 9's with them both taking turns to drop into midfield to defend and harass when we didn't have the ball. I kept an eye on both Ilso and Halloran waiting for one to drop into a deeper role off the front guy when we had the ball but it didn't really eventuate.
I'm not saying we don't need a 10, just pointing out that we played without one, played well and won. So it might not be the "must get" we thought it was.
The previous week we basically played with 2 x 10's and that worked well. And the 2 players in question were Goodwin and Lia. Not exactly the guys you would expect to fill that role successfully.
Kurz seems to have that canny knack of switching formations and moving players around and making it work.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”