Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sub007 Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:44 am

Loving the debate and differing viewpoints on how we should finish our squad.

Personally I think we need to sign 2 more players. We need a visa DM imo. This would allow Boland to play his natural box to box role while McGree plays as a 10. I think we need to get McGree as high up the park as possible as we all know he can score goals. This also means we won’t need Troisi.

We also need another defender to give cover and depth at CB. Having only 2 CB’s last season was a joke and completely unacceptable.

We also need to promote a youth player to ensure we have 3 u21 players in the squad. I’d love to see the club offer Toure a contract, whether that be a senior or a scholarship contract.

I’m also not sure why we need another striker. We already have Opseth, an improving Blackwood and Toure looks very promising as well.
Are you advocating for a traditional DM like Jedinak or someone who can set up our attacks like Isaias ?

Its not yet clear how verbeek will play in that regard but I have a feeling a Jedinak style DM will be the needed contrast to the attacking mids and overlapping defenders
Jedinak style DM for the reasons you suggested. Our midfield seems unbalanced imo.
McGree and Boland are very similar players: box to box CMs. We still definitely need a new CB, DM and probably a dedicated AM.
McGree and Boland are both box to box mids as you pointed out.

However it’s hard to see one of them on the bench so one will have to play a role that isn’t entirely natural to them.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 am

Personally I think we need to sign 2 more players. We need a visa DM imo. This would allow Boland to play his natural box to box role while McGree plays as a 10. I think we need to get McGree as high up the park as possible as we all know he can score goals. This also means we won’t need Troisi.

We also need another defender to give cover and depth at CB. Having only 2 CB’s last season was a joke and completely unacceptable.

We also need to promote a youth player to ensure we have 3 u21 players in the squad. I’d love to see the club offer Toure a contract, whether that be a senior or a scholarship contract.

I’m also not sure why we need another striker. We already have Opseth, an improving Blackwood and Toure looks very promising as well.
Are you advocating for a traditional DM like Jedinak or someone who can set up our attacks like Isaias ?

Its not yet clear how verbeek will play in that regard but I have a feeling a Jedinak style DM will be the needed contrast to the attacking mids and overlapping defenders
Jedinak style DM for the reasons you suggested. Our midfield seems unbalanced imo.
McGree and Boland are very similar players: box to box CMs. We still definitely need a new CB, DM and probably a dedicated AM.

However it’s hard to see one of them on the bench so one will have to play a role that isn’t entirely natural to them.
McGree seems the more flexible of the 2, he's played a variety of roles in his short career.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:27 am

McGree seems the more flexible of the 2, he's played a variety of roles in his short career.
Agree.
sub007

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sub007 Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:28 am

Looks like Opseth’s former club are demanding a $1m transfer fee.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:15 pm

I thought that's what was reported in the beginning.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:16 pm

According the his player announcement video with Bruce Djite, the club did not pay a transfer fee, he was a "free player".
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:25 pm

According the his player announcement video with Bruce Djite, the club did not pay a transfer fee, he was a "free player".
Yep.

Opseth’s former club wasn’t paying him on time so he terminated his contract and came here.

It sounds like Erezumspor are in the wrong here.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Seems to just be a case of a typically naughty turkish club taking everyone down with them and sending a message possibly to their current players that if they leave the club will make employment difficult for them.

As long as Ospeth can show he wasnt paid for the defined period of time we will be fine.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Might drag out a bit though.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Unfortunate situation. These Turkish clubs must be run by cowboys.Image
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:35 pm

There was a bit of reporting about the size of Turkish football debt at the start of the year.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6445

Sorry for Opseth though fortunately the extraordinarily long off-season should give us time to obtain a ruling before the season starts.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:46 pm

Am I the only person who thinks this rumour is fake?

I’ve seen nothing to suggest that The Walker is a real agent. The account reminds me of the fake journo accounts which steal rumours from elsewhere as well as making a few of their own up.
Bruce has just poured cold water all over the rumour.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:11 pm

sub007

Postby sub007 Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Verbeek said in his presser today that we are using our last spot on a Chinese player.

FMD. I’d be very surprised if we make the 6 as there aren’t many decent Australian players available.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Ridiculous to choose a player purely based on their nationality. Let's hope they perform or it will be a bad look for the club.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”