Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Obarizk
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Obarizk Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:36 pm

With Adrian seemingly falling out with Sydney FC, he would surely have to be worth a look
He might be demanding insane money, but possibly worth asking the question. We do have enough wingers but not of his quality.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:11 am

adrians wife is reportedly already living in dubai. he is off to a massive middle east contract
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Im confident we no longer need to capitalise on visa rejects from other clubs ( as good as they may be )

An increased budget, proactive recruitment policy and greater network to draw from shall see to that
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:55 pm

Im confident we no longer need to capitalise on visa rejects from other clubs ( as good as they may be )

An increased budget, proactive recruitment policy and greater network to draw from shall see to that
How many visa players has the club ever signed from other A-league clubs?

Off the top of my head I can only think of Joe Keenan, or did he play for another club after us.

Will look it up and work it out.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:09 pm

It took me a couple of minutes to feel totally stupid. Sergio van Dijk, LOL.

Apart from that there is La Rocca and Salley.

And Jakobsen makes it 5 VISA player signed who have played from other A-league clubs. One, Keenan, was an injury replacement and I seem to remember did okay. van Dijk and La Rocca were successes, only Salley was a definite failure.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

I think we'd be crazy not to consider Adrian. But if he's off to the Middle East then we can't compete with that I'd say.
But who really knows what the new owners have in store. I think the fact the club's first two signings have been of the calibre of Goodwin and Jakobsen show that the owners seem to be keen to lift the club's game on recruitment.

Just doing a little Transfermrkt search on AUS players without a club. I'd be interested in the following players.
Mitch Nichols - personal issues aside, I think it Mitch held and Italian or Brazilian passport we'd all be holding him in the same company as a Castro or Carrusca.
Rostyn Griffiths - On his day I see him a the Jednak of the HAL. Never appears to work hard, but is usually in the correct position when required.
Eli Babalj - Did nothing but impress me while with AU for the ACL. Only concern is whether his body is up to a full season of football. From what I hear he's not a expensive signing.
Time to Djbate!
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:23 pm

Nichols' personal issues rule him out for me.
Griffiths is not needed, we already have a better DM, Isaias, an experienced back up in Lia and a youngster D'Arrigo.
Eli Babalj might be a decent back up but I am not convinced. We already have Blackwood as a back up to Baba and Stamatelopoulos. Waste of the space in a limited roster. If we could sign as many players as we want then I would be all for giving him a chance. Low wage and possibly high return. Mebrahtu would cost a lot more but would probably still be much better value for money if we wanted another striker, salary cap allowing.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:35 pm

Our best XI at the moment is probably

Izzo
Marrone - Elsey - Jakobsen - Goodwin
Isaias
Lia - N.Konstandopoulos
Miluesnic - Baba - Kitto

Bench: Margush, Regan, Strain, Brook, Blackwood

Perhaps a high mid table team if Baba does well but Goodwin is supposedly going to be play LW which makes it hard to select a proper team. An excellent base with a number 10 and a left back needing to be signed.
RedRis
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby RedRis Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:29 pm

It took me a couple of minutes to feel totally stupid. Sergio van Dijk, LOL.

Apart from that there is La Rocca and Salley.

And Jakobsen makes it 5 VISA player signed who have played from other A-league clubs. One, Keenan, was an injury replacement and I seem to remember did okay. van Dijk and La Rocca were successes, only Salley was a definite failure.
Salley was awesome, one of my favourites. Vidmar didn't rate him though.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Possibly no one else cares but Sergi Guardiola is going to be playing La Liga football with Getafe this coming season after being equal 3rd highest goal scoree in La Liga 2 playing for Cordoba who were almost relegated. He scored 22 goals and had 8 assists in 40 games.
A real pity he never showed that kind of form for us.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Ersum Gulum might be going back to Turkey by joining Besiktas on loan.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:06 pm

So rumours Kesuke Honda will not extend his one year deal in mexico.

Probably well out of our price range, he could easily head back to europe. Would love to see him in the Aleague though for any club
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:15 pm

ADLUNG RETURNS TO HOMETOWN CLUB AS PLAYER-COACH
Former Adelaide United midfielder Daniel Adlung has joined German club Greuther Fürth in a role that will see him assume a playing assistant coach role for the U23 side.
Adlung spent seven years of his youth career at the German second division outfit and eventually made his senior debut in 2005, making 78 appearances for the club in total.
The move sees Adlung return to his place of birth after inspiring Adelaide to a semi-final finish in last year’s Hyundai A-League.

The 30-year-old will continue his playing career for the U23 team while supporting the Shamrocks’ youth coaching staff off the pitch.
"It's nice to return home,” Adlung told the club’s official site.
“I want to help promote young talents so that they have a similar career as I was allowed to.
“It's an exciting job and I'm looking forward to tackling it on and off the pitch.”
Good on him. Sad to see him go, especially with a year left on his contract and after such a great season. I feel like he could of still made this move a year later being only 30.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:21 pm

The early player signings we have made were very promising but I feel like we really need to make some key signings very soon. Squad is quite threadbare.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:39 pm

The early player signings we have made were very promising but I feel like we really need to make some key signings very soon. Squad is quite threadbare.
Agree, we don't look stronger than last season at the moment and that is disappointing.

I don't want to play the first FFA cup game with a makeshift team like we did against Redlands FC.

Need a LB, a RW, a 10 and a box to box mid (in no particular order).

Also need Baba to be injury free and have a full preseason.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”