Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:49 pm

It's always hard when a young player that came through the ranks leaves, especially one who had the initial impact that Al Hassan did.
But for me it's difficult to form a solid, black or white opinion of the rights and wrongs of it, purely because we are not in possession of all the facts.
There are too many possible variables - was there an attitude problem ? Did it all go to his head ? What sort of advice is the player getting externally from agents/family/friends ? Obviously the other potential reasons stated on here are also possible - the player and coach have irrevocably fallen out, injury has severely lowered his career ceiling etc.
What I think this does show is that like many other aspects of this coaching team, the jury is still out on youth development. I will watch with interest how this season goes for the likes of Mo, Yaya and Kusini.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:19 pm

"The fact United have released him for nothing, to play at a rival team under the guise of not wanting to stunt his growth is fanciful sentiment at best."

https://indaily.com.au/sport/manton-st- ... nd-united/
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:37 pm

"The fact United have released him for nothing, to play at a rival team under the guise of not wanting to stunt his growth is fanciful sentiment at best."

https://indaily.com.au/sport/manton-st- ... nd-united/
So true and I’ve been making this point all along. It also wouldn’t be down to financial reasons either given it would be likely that he would be on around minimum wage.

The only possible reason is that Veart didn’t want him.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:04 pm

Mohammed a striker but Al Hassan a winger? Can't agree there.
Mohammed isn't going to get many minutes leading the line, he's much better facing players and running at them or running in behind them.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:22 pm

Mohammed isn't going to get many minutes leading the line, he's much better facing players and running at them or running in behind them.
Yes, very much so. Mo is way more comfortable centrally plus as we’ve seen, giving him any defensive responsibility is terrifying.

Yengi and Blackwood are both injury prone as well, so I expect we’ll see Mo play quite a bit.

Given Al Hassan prefers to play out wide, he would’ve also have gotten plenty of time off of the bench as well as the odd start as our depth out wide is very poor.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:51 am

Yes, very much so. Mo is way more comfortable centrally plus as we’ve seen, giving him any defensive responsibility is terrifying.

Yengi and Blackwood are both injury prone as well, so I expect we’ll see Mo play quite a bit.

Given Al Hassan prefers to play out wide, he would’ve also have gotten plenty of time off of the bench as well as the odd start as our depth out wide is very poor.
Strikers have defensive responsibilities too. It's what was great about Bruce. If Mohammed wants to play in the big leagues he's going to have to learn how to defend.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:23 pm

It looks as if Blackwood has been signed as the 'Watto' for the forward-line.
Strikers have defensive responsibilities too. It's what was great about Bruce. If Mohammed wants to play in the big leagues he's going to have to learn how to defend.
Good point.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:40 pm

While we're talking shit about the club's player signings and releasings. We've had another 2 foreigners announced by other clubs just this week. Our club have said its too hard to sign visa players for this season. Feeling a bit pissant atm.

otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:03 pm

Feeling a bit pissant just reading this thread.

Player leaves under mutual decision = it must be the clubs fault because “The only possible reason is that Veart didn’t want him.”

Except for the other possible reason that the player wanted more of a guarantee of a starting position than Veart was prepared to give and so chose to leave.

But, oh no, that’s not possible, because that would mean the club was being nice to a player that was leaving by not bagging the player - and that doesn’t fit the agenda of some posters.

Rant over. Apologies. Not much self control tonight.
If I’ve offended anyone, I’m sorry and I’m happy to retract my comments and delete my post.
sub007

Postby sub007 Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:21 pm

Feeling a bit pissant just reading this thread.

Player leaves under mutual decision = it must be the clubs fault because “The only possible reason is that Veart didn’t want him.”

Except for the other possible reason that the player wanted more of a guarantee of a starting position than Veart was prepared to give and so chose to leave.

But, oh no, that’s not possible, because that would mean the club was being nice to a player that was leaving by not bagging the player - and that doesn’t fit the agenda of some posters.

Rant over. Apologies. Not much self control tonight.
If I’ve offended anyone, I’m sorry and I’m happy to retract my comments and delete my post.
We’ve been through this multiple times Otto. Macarthur have a much stronger attack than we do and it’s very likely Al Hassan won’t even make their bench. Al Hassan would have played much more here had he stayed and the manager actually wanting to play him given he’s our best wing option outside of Halloran and Goodwin.

If he were to have left for more game time, they would be the last club he’d have gone to along with Sydney.
Last edited by sub007 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sub007

Postby sub007 Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:22 pm

And while we are on the topic of departures, what’s going on with Jako? Doesn’t seem to be injured (or at least has a long term injury) but hasn’t been playing. Wonder if he’s the next one Veart is freezing out for no reason.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:02 pm

And while we are on the topic of departures, what’s going on with Jako? Doesn’t seem to be injured (or at least has a long term injury) but hasn’t been playing. Wonder if he’s the next one Veart is freezing out for no reason.
If this isn’t tongue in cheek then I give up.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:46 pm

We’ve been through this multiple times Otto. Macarthur have a much stronger attack than we do and it’s very likely Al Hassan won’t even make their bench. Al Hassan would have played much more here had he stayed and the manager actually wanting to play him given he’s our best wing option outside of Halloran and Goodwin.

If he were to have left for more game time, they would be the last club he’d have gone to along with Sydney.
Sounds like MacArthur may have bit of an issue with a number of anti-vaxers in the squad. If he's had his jabs then he may yet have some opportunities.
sub007

Postby sub007 Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:47 pm

If this isn’t tongue in cheek then I give up.
He started a friendly tonight so he is definitely fit. Given he’s our best CB by far, it’s very strange that he hasn’t even been picked for either Cup game.
sub007

Postby sub007 Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:49 pm

Sounds like MacArthur may have bit of an issue with a number of anti-vaxers in the squad. If he's had his jabs then he may yet have some opportunities.
That could be possible. That doesn’t explain why we’d release him though.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”