Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:09 pm

I can't believe this. Sure he's had a tough run with injuries last year. But how can anyone who's seen what he's capable of not believe he's capable of achieving this sort of form again.
Extremely sad to see him go. I really hope the club is made to seriously regret this appalling decision.

Yet another example of how far the A-league still has to come. Its been in existence for nearing 20 years and they still are yet to better the NSL's record for youth development.

If the club can afford to let one of the most promising young players the club has arguably ever had, walk for free to a rival, I seriously question whether they need my membership money this year.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:27 pm

It's disappointing but he's at least third in line in both positions he's suited to (striker and winger). Carl said on the radio that he saw him as a striker but Al Hassan sees himself as a winger. He needs game time so it makes sense for him.

Maybe the club could have loaned him but it'd have to be beneficial to another A-league club (e.g. AU pay part of his salary). I just don't see that happening especially if Macarthur were interested. If a club overseas were interested in buying him I'm sure the club would have sold him.

Letting him go is absolutely the club strategy in this scenario. It's the "come and play for us and we won't dick you around, what's best for you is best for us" strategy.
RedTide
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:04 pm

McJules is right - AHT needs to develop away from the AUFC setup and really mature as a well rounded player, not just an impact player off the bench. He can always come back to us, once he has learned how to work within a team structure and not try to win the match single handedly.

I know that this will not be a popular opinion, but this is actually the best possible outcome for both parties - AHT and the AUFC.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:22 pm

McJules is right - AHT needs to develop away from the AUFC setup and really mature as a well rounded player, not just an impact player off the bench. He can always come back to us, once he has learned how to work within a team structure and not try to win the match single handedly.

I know that this will not be a popular opinion, but this is actually the best possible outcome for both parties - AHT and the AUFC.
So why not loan him to say the Nix, or another interested party that will give him game time? Or hell, look beyond the borders, I thought Piet had a network out there?

Letting one of our most promising youngsters walk
for nothing makes little sense.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Toure to go.
Kitto to stay.
:?

Regardless of the reasons I'm very disappointed to see such a talented player leave AUFC.
This could also affect Mo's relationship with the club.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:51 pm

So why not loan him to say the Nix, or another interested party that will give him game time? Or hell, look beyond the borders, I thought Piet had a network out there?

Just a thought ...

If the A-league was played at the same time as all the other state leagues we could have loaned him to a one of the bigger NPL sides in Melbourne or Sydney.
A national second division would also be important for the development of players like Toure.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 pm

Toure to go.
Kitto to stay.

Regardless of the reasons I'm very disappointed to see such a talented player leave AUFC.

B)
Kitto is more versatile and will feature more at LB so not really a fair comparison.

It sucks to see AHT's development stagnate under Carl. I can't fathom how he could be below Dukuly in the pecking order but that is Carl's opinion so we have to roll with it.

We have rusted-on starters in Halloran and Goody on the wing with Bernardo and Dukuly as Carl's backups so we do have depth in that position.

I wish him all the best. Hopefully he kills it at the Bulls.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 pm

Don't forget your Ansell's Claw, could be disastrous.

Also, peak Isuzu D-Max A-Leagues Mens-

From the bulls official site
This is atrocious... Wow.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:07 pm

How????

Macarthur have the most stacked attack in the entire league and he probably won’t make their bench. AUFC on the other hand, have no depth whatsoever on the wings. If Carl actually played him in his preferred position, he’d be guaranteed a spot on the bench every week and getting the odd start when Goodwin and Halloran are unavailable.

This is entirely on Carl and his shitty management.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:10 pm

Toure to go.
Kitto to stay.

B)
Kitto is more versatile and will feature more at LB so not really a fair comparison.

It sucks to see AHT's development stagnate under Carl. I can't fathom how he could be below Dukuly in the pecking order but that is Carl's opinion so we have to roll with it.

We have rusted-on starters in Halloran and Goody on the wing with Bernardo and Dukuly as Carl's backups so we do have depth in that position.

Let’s be honest, there’s absolutely no way Dukuly was getting picked on merit last season.

Also listening to the Adelaide United legends podcast, Cassio said Bernardo has been playing more as a 10 for the youth team.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Al Hassan is a confidence player, and prior to becoming a household name, almost threw it in completely.

Yengi was more strongly heralded but Toure jumped ahead when the former picked up an injury.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
mcjules

Postby mcjules Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:19 pm

Just a thought ...

If the A-league was played at the same time as all the other state leagues we could have loaned him to a one of the bigger NPL sides in Melbourne or Sydney.
A national second division would also be important for the development of players like Toure.

B)
Quite possibly though Al-Hassan is definitely A-League quality and will want to be playing at least A-league level. A national second division with a higher standard would have been helpful. There's no evidence the Nix or others were interested in him for a loan.
As for going overseas, who are we going to loan him to? Clubs in Asia have limited foreigner slots and generally look for more senior players to fill them. He's a player with huge potential but he hasn't proved it so where in Europe is he going to go?

I really like the kid but we can only play 11 players a week and we have so many promising options. At 21 you should be a regular starter in the A-league and he hasn't been able to achieve that.
mcjules

Postby mcjules Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:22 pm

How????

Macarthur have the most stacked attack in the entire league and he probably won’t make their bench. AUFC on the other hand, have no depth whatsoever on the wings. If Carl actually played him in his preferred position, he’d be guaranteed a spot on the bench every week and getting the odd start when Goodwin and Halloran are unavailable.

This is entirely on Carl and his shitty management.
How many out and out wingers do Macarthur have? Not many.
mcjules

Postby mcjules Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:25 pm

Toure to go.
Kitto to stay.

B)

Let’s be honest, there’s absolutely no way Dukuly was getting picked on merit last season.

Also listening to the Adelaide United legends podcast, Cassio said Bernardo has been playing more as a 10 for the youth team.
Dukuly is 18 and a scholarship player, minutes off the bench is much more appropriate for him than Al-Hassan.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:41 pm

The funny thing is that I don’t see string clubs like City etc letting their better younger players leave to join their competition. But they also seem to keep their better players in general.
All I can say is we have seen the majority of fan favourites leave over the off season, back room staff leave and no imports signed while others do. Not building any culture or the membership base with the current 2 year rebuild cycle on and off the field. Current owners have been a massive disappointment IMO.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”