Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:11 am

I don't know why there is assumption that the players are moving for money.
That's true.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:05 pm

Because its quite common with a salary capped league, that if a team or player more specifically has done well and they ask for more money but the club can't give them more due to no room in the salary cap, then they look for a move elsewhere. Its common enough to be a reasonable assumption. But yes, it may not be the only reason players move.
leigh

Postby leigh Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:10 pm

We have a reputation for slightly tight with money (not a bad thing potentially) and McGowans is managed by buddy Farrah if I remember correctly, an agent whom pushes very hard on contracts and encourages movement ( doing his job but it's tough on clubs). Im told Farrahs determined effort is what enabled jimmy to head to Austria also.

Losing players on the smaller contracts are the hardest to replace, goody is on peanuts comparatively to some other players, hard to replace at the same price bracket. Hopefully the club continues identifying the mauks/Jeggos/goodwins of the league, it's not always attractive to the average fan but it's paid off huge for the club.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:13 pm

Because its quite common with a salary capped league, that if a team or player more specifically has done well and they ask for more money but the club can't give them more due to no room in the salary cap, then they look for a move elsewhere. Its common enough to be a reasonable assumption. But yes, it may not be the only reason players move.
Professionals work for money, if i change my employer there is a 90% chance money was the determining factor...lets be totally honest
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:20 pm

We have a reputation for slightly tight with money (not a bad thing potentially) and McGowans is managed by buddy Farrah if I remember correctly, an agent whom pushes very hard on contracts and encourages movement ( doing his job but it's tough on clubs). Im told Farrahs determined effort is what enabled jimmy to head to Austria also.

Losing players on the smaller contracts are the hardest to replace, goody is on peanuts comparatively to some other players, hard to replace at the same price bracket. Hopefully the club continues identifying the mauks/Jeggos/goodwins of the league, it's not always attractive to the average fan but it's paid off huge for the club.
Agree x100!

Signing key players who can perform in the aleague relatively easy, sure there have been flops but generally the players with big league experience do their job.

Finding players on the verge of a break out season and accomodating to their strengths seems to be the key to aleague success currently.

The only issue being that its incredibly hard to keep these squads together as players rightfully ask for a salary that reflects their performance.

Personally i really hooe we can sign mells up for 2 years. The kid is going to be a star.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:43 pm

Agree x100!

Signing key players who can perform in the aleague relatively easy, sure there have been flops but generally the players with big league experience do their job.

Finding players on the verge of a break out season and accomodating to their strengths seems to be the key to aleague success currently.

The only issue being that its incredibly hard to keep these squads together as players rightfully ask for a salary that reflects their performance.

Personally i really hooe we can sign mells up for 2 years. The kid is going to be a star.
The club has an option for a second year in his contract, but I don't know if they'll take it.

Fucking hope they do.
we da best
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Agree x100!

The club has an option for a second year in his contract, but I don't know if they'll take it.

Fucking hope they do.
Who Mells? I'm still undecided on him. I concede that I don't think I've seen enough of him yet tho.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Agree x100!

Fucking hope they do.
Who Mells? I'm still undecided on him. I concede that I don't think I've seen enough of him yet tho.
Those " extra year" clauses in contract are a little ambiguous and in the end mean nothing imo.

I think we forget how young mells is. Given he has not looked out of place on the pitch ( however not really been a bright star ) speaks volumes given he is still only 18.

If you compare his teenage years to aaron mooys where he was battling away playing in youth and reserve sides in scotland mells was selected for epl youth teams and is now playing regular senior football with us. I just hope we get to see him play well here before a bigger club makes a play for him
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Agree x100!

Fucking hope they do.
Those " extra year" clauses in contract are a little ambiguous and in the end mean nothing imo.

I think we forget how young mells is. Given he has not looked out of place on the pitch ( however not really been a bright star ) speaks volumes given he is still only 18.

If you compare his teenage years to aaron mooys where he was battling away playing in youth and reserve sides in scotland mells was selected for epl youth teams and is now playing regular senior football with us. I just hope we get to see him play well here before a bigger club makes a play for him
Jeezus, I forgot about that, he looks like he is in his 20's.

But yeah, I also feel like we maybe put him where we need a position filled rather what his best position is, idk I need to see more of him.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:27 pm

Kitto's been released by Newcastle apparently.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Kitto's been released by Newcastle apparently.
I'd be happy to see AU pick him up.
Time to Djbate!
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Watson has been released by Newcastle.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Kitto replacing Dugandzic would be nice.

Also I really want AU to extend Mells' contract. Would genuinely be willing to phone Rob Gerard, Greg Griffin and Grant Mayer to tell them all to give him another 2-3 years :lol:
we da best
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:01 am

Is Kitto better than Dugandzic though? Mate has been a decent option off the bench when called upon.
Kitto is younger & a local boy (and knows the team) so that would come into it.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:04 am

Watson has been released by Newcastle.
I hope he stays in the game in some form if he can't get another contract.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”