Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Amateur hour at this club. How do you expect to challenge for a championship with only 2 CBs in the squad. Now one is gone for the rest of the home and away season at least and we are forced to play a RB there.

It's embarrassing.
Here's the thing..... we don't expect to challenge this year. I know that for a fact.
Yes i get this feeling.

I have a sense there is a desire to let some of our larger contracts like baba and kurz expire until the new ownership group feel they can put their mark on the playing group without causing a rift with the manager regarding style and other issues, I can only speculate though.

If this is the case i actually find it hard to fault them tbh assuming they make some big off season statements.

Of course a true aufc fan naturally see’s this as just another false dawn while hoping there is blinding light at the end of the tunnel.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:20 pm

Amateur hour at this club. How do you expect to challenge for a championship with only 2 CBs in the squad. Now one is gone for the rest of the home and away season at least and we are forced to play a RB there.

It's embarrassing.
Here's the thing..... we don't expect to challenge this year. I know that for a fact.
Yes i get this feeling.

I have a sense there is a desire to let some of our larger contracts like baba and kurz expire until the new ownership group feel they can put their mark on the playing group without causing a rift with the manager regarding style and other issues, I can only speculate though.

If this is the case i actually find it hard to fault them tbh assuming they make some big off season statements.

Of course a true aufc fan naturally see’s this as just another false dawn while hoping there is blinding light at the end of the tunnel.
This is also my concern.

I dont want to move Kurz on but change nothing else. In fact I'd rather he stay and they give him the staff he needs.

But if we go with a different coach we can't keep the same staff. Has to be a complete change.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 pm

I would just hope from this point on ( regardless of the kurz situation ) we hire managers, staff and players based on the clubs intended style. Rather than massive overhauls ever time we hire a new manager and give them keys to the castle so to speak and in turn lose any ground a previous regime has made.

Obviously there needs to be some room for a manager to impose himself though

I think 7g touched on it recently somewhere mentioning the english versus continental europe approach.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:10 pm

Apparently we are in for Fortuna Dusseldorf under 19 CB Jamie Percevski.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:13 am

Its interesting to see that most clubs are resigning or making signings for next season, there is only handful of clubs that have yet to do so and of course AU is one these.
My only concern with this usual strategy is that with Western United coming in, the pool of leftovers that AU typically recruits from will be even smaller than usal for next season.
Does Piet and our beloved Ante actually know that only 5 foreigners are allowed? I fear that may be the strategy- 10 dutchmen, 6 chinese and 5 Aussies in the squad.
Also a bit of a concern that the best SA players bar Goodwin, mostly still seem to be at other A=league clubs and we have the juniors for a year or two before they move to an interstate rival. :wink:
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:59 am

Usually it is standard practice though not to announce player signings from one a-league club to another, until the season is done, even though many times this doesn't happy due to leaks or the current clubs knowing its happening the relationship with the player breaks down.

Last season we didn't really recruit from the leftovers at all, we were one of the first to have a full squad. And we still got Halloran despite many clubs having lots of squad space.

I also imagine with 12 players signed, we don't want to sign too many more until we have the coach lined up. It is something we need to get sorted asap.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Sign Hakeem al-Araibi !
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:21 am

The club just officially announced that AP is leaving AUFC at the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

flavze

Postby flavze Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:12 am

The club just officially announced that AP is leaving AUFC at the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
He's been announced as a Western Melbourne signing.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:37 pm

We should have played him more this season IMO
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:55 pm

I'm sure I remember winning the Grand Final in 2016. What the f**k has happened to our club?
The Claw

Postby The Claw Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:02 pm

Been told that Goodwin and Mileusnic are as good as gone at end of season too.
These 17yo Chinese juniors on the books of the Chinese 3rd division must all be Ronaldo clones 🤣
The Claw

Postby The Claw Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 pm

Yeah WTF happened @jessesdad , what we thought would be a watershed moment has turned out to be a disaster ever since. Pickard and Bianco days feel like a lifetime ago and it now feels like I support the Mariners...
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:20 pm

Been told that Goodwin and Mileusnic are as good as gone at end of season too.
These 17yo Chinese juniors on the books of the Chinese 3rd division must all be Ronaldo clones 🤣
Goody was never going to be here more than a year IMO, not unexpected. He's too good for the HAL and unlike Troisi he has ambitions to be more than a big fish in a small pond.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:39 pm

We should have played him more this season IMO
Appeared no worse than the expensive imports suiting up in the 9 spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”