Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am

Very happy to see Halloran sign!

I'm interested to hear what level of the cap we're at and how this compares to season's past. Has AU actually signed a marquee?
If Wiki is anything to go by the club actually has a 27 man roster already!

The club are saying only 25 -
"Halloran will take the number 26 shirt for the Club and brings Marco Kurz’s squad to 25 contracted players for the 2018/19 season. "
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:00 am

It all looks very very promising. I just hope he's humble - last thing we need is another Holland / Lustica type on our hands.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:18 pm

This squad looks amazing on paper so far. And with the bulk of preseason to go, hopefully we'll be in a good place this season.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 pm

It appears to me foxsports / FFA have made their offseason aquisition and thats all they are willing to publish ( honda ) with a touch of usain bolt clickbait thrown in.

Its not that I was hoping to see the media give aufc a virtual pat on the back for the halloran signing, its that an attacking socceroo coming home in his prime is not even news. We dont even celebrate our own players anymore.

Honda will be fantastic for the league but he is not david beckham, only football tragics have a clue who he is and who he played for. Yet the same football tragics just like us are equally aware of socceroos and those on the fringes.

Im just wondering who they are promoting for? Because its only us tragics who care for either signing. IMO its just such a mis representation of what the football public are interested in

Anyways....

I think this is the strongest 11 we have ever had on paper and possibly the the most depth ever also.

You would be very hard pressed to find many aufc players from other eras who would walk into this line up
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm

It all looks very very promising. I just hope he's humble - last thing we need is another Holland / Lustica type on our hands.
I'm confident Kurz can manage egos pretty well but agree it's usually a hallmark of Adelaide squads to have down to earth players.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:50 pm

I reckon biggest question marks in the sauad are left back, striker and also the midfield.

LB: Galloway is handy but nothing special (and right footed), Kitto is not a left back, Goody signed on as a left wing only and Strain is also right footed.

Striker: Baba is good when fit which is rare, Ilso can play there but has come from Malaysia and Stama and Blackwood are only backup material IMO.

Mid: There is so much unknown with Boland and Ilso, although they have good pedigree.
Worst case scenario it's Isa, Lia and Konst in mid which isn't terrible, but it's hardly championship material.

I don't think we will see any more defensive signings but we will have another VISA spot for when Isa is naturalised. Do we opt for a striker? I think we should.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:10 pm

I reckon biggest question marks in the sauad are left back, striker and also the midfield.

LB: Galloway is handy but nothing special (and right footed), Kitto is not a left back, Goody signed on as a left wing only and Strain is also right footed.

Striker: Baba is good when fit which is rare, Ilso can play there but has come from Malaysia and Stama and Blackwood are only backup material IMO.

Mid: There is so much unknown with Boland and Ilso, although they have good pedigree.
Worst case scenario it's Isa, Lia and Konst in mid which isn't terrible, but it's hardly championship material.

I don't think we will see any more defensive signings but we will have another VISA spot for when Isa is naturalised. Do we opt for a striker? I think we should.
I'd only get another VISA striker if we could release Baba, there is no point having 2.5 VISA players for 1 position.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:19 pm

I thinl boland is as close to a sure thing as we can expect. One club man, played in a quality tough league and has not been plagued by injuries.

Ilso on the other hand clearly has quality but can he adapt from football in SE asia ? He is a bit of a gamble, although halloran could play as a 10 well im this league i think.

As for galloway, i think he us underated, remember he has recently played for poor clubs with no midfield to speak of leaving defenders caught out. For mv he was never a weak link in a strong team.

I think the elsey jakobsen partnership is also very exciting and something to build on
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Nice piece on Ben in the paper today – he sounds like a very grounded lad to me, so I don’t think we need to worry about him upsetting the dressing room. In fact he states that one of the deciding factors in coming back was to experience the Aussie “camaraderie” again.

He also spent much of his time off in Germany hiking in the Bavarian mountains, so you’re more likely to see him pounding his way up Mount Lofty than in a night club down Hindley Street by the sound of it.
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:46 pm

I think this is the strongest 11 we have ever had on paper and possibly the the most depth ever also.

You would be very hard pressed to find many aufc players from other eras who would walk into this line up

Have to disagree with you there Shin, about the first 11 at least.

You can't go past these guys for sheer talent....and they were pretty handy as well :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD17nVuTb4o
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:51 pm

You can't go past these guys for sheer talent....and they were pretty handy as well :D

Very good!
It deserves a showing.

But then Rini Coolen shows up...

:lol:
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Ahh the memories!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:38 am

George Blackwood is still only 21. It seemed last year was a settling in & learning period for him and this year is when he needs to make his mark.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 am

Very good!
It deserves a showing.

But then Rini Coolen shows up...

What a great ad! Had completely forgotten about this. Pretty talented squad too!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:35 pm

I have a terrible feeling we are more likely to see Ilso play striker and halloran play the 10 role mire often than bot as a result of baba not being fit.

Im still not convinced he will be here much by january.

Ill be very happy to be proven wrong though, hope he scores bags.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”