Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sevengoals Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:50 pm

Now that is pleasing news!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:38 pm

Very good news, makes a massive improvement on the team as a whole. Add a CAM and we look very competitive in the A-league.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:22 pm

He's back! And so are the good times!! Now I shall do my happy dance ....
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Many may disagree but Im very impressed with the way the club has handled the recent 12 months!

In what has been a trying time for all clubs and leagues around the world AUFC management have pivoted from the “woe is me” mentality that would be very easy to accept during these conditions and instead used it as a catalyst to grow the squad with a long term view.

Assuming the club is willing to reward the performances of the kids by scaling their salaries so that we can keep them it seems like we are poised for some exciting football ahead well done bruce and Piet!

With that said as an AUFC fan Im naturally sceptical ... just hopeful
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Apparently Josh Cavallo is training with us after getting released by WU.

Not sure why we even need him tbh.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Many may disagree but Im very impressed with the way the club has handled the recent 12 months!

In what has been a trying time for all clubs and leagues around the world AUFC management have pivoted from the “woe is me” mentality that would be very easy to accept during these conditions and instead used it as a catalyst to grow the squad with a long term view.

Assuming the club is willing to reward the performances of the kids by scaling their salaries so that we can keep them it seems like we are poised for some exciting football ahead well done bruce and Piet!

Fully concur. The fan forums of other clubs have already started noticing the leadership of van der Pol and Bruce Djite. The longer that we can hang on to Bruce especially, the better for AUFC.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Fully concur. The fan forums of other clubs have already started noticing the leadership of van der Pol and Bruce Djite. The longer that we can hang on to Bruce especially, the better for AUFC.
I have a feeling we will lose Bruce to the state Liberals during the next election in 2022. The longer we can keep him the better though
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:29 pm

Craig Goodwin talks,

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
flavze

Postby flavze Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:25 am

Youth Australian rep, kinda suits what our club is about i guess. Is he an attacking mid? Could be an asset if he's half decent, i don't know anything about him.

On another note is there any hint, rumours about who this supposed international player is that people are saying bruce mentioned when the Goodwin deal was unfolding?
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:20 pm

Youth Australian rep, kinda suits what our club is about i guess. Is he an attacking mid? Could be an asset if he's half decent, i don't know anything about him.

On another note is there any hint, rumours about who this supposed international player is that people are saying bruce mentioned when the Goodwin deal was unfolding?
It was a lot easier during the AU's Spanish revolution to have more of a educated guess as to who could be coming. There hasn't been any a clear origin to bet on with the new owners. Maybe AU's Spanish liaison (Isaias) is doing more sprucing for AU! Surely there is a few La Liga level number 10's keen to bring their family to the safety of Adelaide?! :lol:
Time to Djbate!
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Wonder how Inman is getting on in India? Time to return, could be the AM we need ?
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:25 pm

I have a feeling we will lose Bruce to the state Liberals during the next election in 2022. The longer we can keep him the better though
He deserves so much better than the Liberals. He's too progressive and intelligent for them.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Wonder how Inman is getting on in India? Time to return, could be the AM we need ?
Couldn't get a game at Mohun Bagan ATK so he moved to Odisha, the worst team in the league.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:39 pm

He's a CM but we already have a couple of good local options so it seems a bit pointless.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:27 am

Cavallo signed.
Should fill that midfield gap and lack of experience in there massively....
I like Bruce, but starting to think his Family name should rhyme with Djite but start with S.

Bottom here we come, we need pro/rel as soon as possible imo. My membership at AU likely to be my last this season, I’ve never been more disillusioned at the direction and lack of ambition in the clubs history. Winning and titles no longer seems to be a priority and honestly enjoying the W-league games better than the men’s.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”