Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 am

Happy with the Galloway signing. In a lot of ways he's a like for like with Garuccio.
Certainly not a complete player, but has shown himself at times to be good enough for the HAL.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:21 am

Looking at the squad I'd say at least 4 of them are on the youth scholarship program. So there is every chance more signings are to come. But I'm with most other people here. The squad is as good as I could hope for (especially at this stage of the season) and there are no massive holes in the squad. AU just need Baba hits some fitness by October and we can all come in to this season with a nice air of excitement about it!
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:46 am

I have very little faith in Baba maintaining match fitness for him to play regularly this season. I just can't see it happening.

I hope I am wrong.

The bloke is reportedly a few weeks away but it's been a 2 month off season and he's just come back to training... Something doesn't smell right.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:45 am

Happy with the Galloway signing. In a lot of ways he's a like for like with Garuccio.
Certainly not a complete player, but has shown himself at times to be good enough for the HAL.
Yes, and at 23 y.o. he has the capacity to improve through the season.

Only a one year deal which is interesting. I am guessing he's at the age that a move abroad is on the cards and being free will enhance his chances. I hope that is the thinking as if so he will be busting his guts this year to both improve and shine.
leeds4eva
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby leeds4eva Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:02 am

Isa will be getting his citizenship soon which will free up another foreign sot. The Galloway signing is a very shrewd and smart one, Kurz has a good knack of developing defenders having Bundesliga experience in that position himself. Now with Galloway, Marrone, Strain, Kitto and Goodwin able to play at wing-back the side is looking very versatile and well balanced coming in to the new season. If we can get one more centreback for cover and another right-winger we should be set!
"The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes, that's a fact. Everything else is pure theory."
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:35 pm

I don't reckon we need another CB.

Elsey, Jacobsen and Regan are all solid plus we can rely on Isa or a youth player to fill the void of injuries.

I'm also confident our new owners will be much more open to signing injury replacements than ever before so that will also take the pressure off only having 3 recognised CBs.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:45 pm

Elsey, Jacobsen and Regan are all solid plus we can rely on Isa or a youth player to fill the void of injuries.

I'm also confident our new owners will be much more open to signing injury replacements than ever before so that will also take the pressure off only having 3 recognised CBs.

Hasn't Galloway also played at CB ?
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Also happy with how the squad is shaping up.

I assume Isa's citizenship is taking a while because the government freezed processing applications because they wanted to add english tests and now there's a large backlog.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:11 pm

Welcome back !! :)
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:41 pm

So reports are honda has signed for $2.9 million.

Victory only contributed $1.3 million. FFA funded the rest.

This is not ok in what is supposed to be a fair league. Honda is basically an employee of the FFA and is sponsored by MV.

Will referees sub consciously protect their employers investment like they did for cahill and del piero?

Very happy to have honda in australia but not at the price of the leagues integrity.

Smaller clubs struggle to keep their local talent due to the salary cap restrictions. Call me crazy but most fans would stick with the aleague more if clubs were able to hang onto their heros and not watch them be squeezed out and play for rivals.

I really feel the leagues priorities are upside down
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Obarizk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Postby Obarizk Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Highly doubt it, Marrone would be a better option.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:39 pm

This is not ok in what is supposed to be a fair league. Honda is basically an employee of the FFA and is sponsored by MV.

Will referees sub consciously protect their employers investment like they did for cahill and del piero?

Very happy to have honda in australia but not at the price of the leagues integrity.

Smaller clubs struggle to keep their local talent due to the salary cap restrictions. Call me crazy but most fans would stick with the aleague more if clubs were able to hang onto their heros and not watch them be squeezed out and play for rivals.

Spot on, but all old news unfortunately.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:40 pm

What the hell is going on with Baba Diawara? Second pre-season in a row that he'll just be rocking up out of nowhere several months late. Unless there's a valid reason, it's both unacceptable from him to show such little dedication and commitment towards preparing for the season ahead and embarrassing from the club's POV to allow it.
we da best
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 pm

:lol: SUB consciously.
Time to Djbate!
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:34 am

Victory only contributed $1.3 million. Foxtel's funded the rest.

FTFY
This is Foxtel's money which they have provided to the league for high profile signings, nothing else.
We are UNITED, after all....

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”