Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Obarizk
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Obarizk Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Honestly i would prefer we dont sign another visa if Isa is naturalised.

That player would likely be a right wing and would mean 5 of front 6 players in our first 11 are visas.

Can we really expect baba to remain fit this season ? Kurz surely does not beleive so as he signed cavusavic.

I just wonder if kurz wants baba to move on but he cannot find a club or wants to stay.
Baba missed last preseason, he never got fit. There has just been pictures on twitter of him training today. If he puts in a full preseason I see no reason why he would not be able to stay fit. He is not that old, only 30, and does not have a bad history with injury from what I can tell. He has been in and out of teams and some of that might have been injury, hard to tell.

Cavusevic was only contracted for 6 months and obviously there was a thought Baba would not be able to play at the end of last season. This season is a different issue.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Good to see hes out and training, hes crucial.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 pm

I can't wait to see what he can do when fully fit and acclimatised. We've been missing a real goalscoring threat for 2 seasons now.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:34 am

Honestly i would prefer we dont sign another visa if Isa is naturalised.

That player would likely be a right wing and would mean 5 of front 6 players in our first 11 are visas.

Can we really expect baba to remain fit this season ? Kurz surely does not beleive so as he signed cavusavic.

I just wonder if kurz wants baba to move on but he cannot find a club or wants to stay.
Baba missed last preseason, he never got fit. There has just been pictures on twitter of him training today. If he puts in a full preseason I see no reason why he would not be able to stay fit. He is not that old, only 30, and does not have a bad history with injury from what I can tell. He has been in and out of teams and some of that might have been injury, hard to tell.

Cavusevic was only contracted for 6 months and obviously there was a thought Baba would not be able to play at the end of last season. This season is a different issue.
We all know how good Baba can be. If last season's injury issues are behind him I'd be very disappointed to see him move on. If the club can get 20 starts out of him. I would expect double digits in the goal tally. Which is something the club rarely has the luxury of seeing.
The only thing I don't like about Baba is that every time he touches the ball Brenton Speed has to harp on about how he played La Liga like he didn't mention it in the first half, or the previous match or the game before that! :doh:
Time to Djbate!
flavze

Postby flavze Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 am

The only spot we need to sign a player is a starting LB, other than that with the squad we have atm i expect the club to finish top 4 and challenge for silverware.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:57 am

As always, will reserve judgement on the foreigners until I see them in action.

It will be a big step up in terms of fitness and physicality for Ilso coming from the Malaysian league.

And Boland has played his whole career in his home nation for one club. It will be a big adjustment for him of the field also.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:35 pm

Certainly not doubting babas quality. He is easily one of the best credentialed strikers to play in this league and arrived here at a good age.

With a good pre season and decent service he will score.

What i actually commenting on though is it would seem kurz would prefer we sign someone else if you consider he signed cavusavic during a time when baba just had a niggling injury and we desperately needed a 10.

Compound that with the rumours that baba had been looking for a new club with the clubs blessing and its a fair conclusion baba is not in Kurzs plans but may be forced to play with baba
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm

Certainly not doubting babas quality. He is easily one of the best credentialed strikers to play in this league and arrived here at a good age.

With a good pre season and decent service he will score.

What i actually commenting on though is it would seem kurz would prefer we sign someone else if you consider he signed cavusavic during a time when baba just had a niggling injury and we desperately needed a 10.

Compound that with the rumours that baba had been looking for a new club with the clubs blessing and its a fair conclusion baba is not in Kurzs plans but may be forced to play with baba
I imagine that would happen fairly often. A club is happy to allow a player to leave. Nothing eventuates then both player and club move on and both focus on working together.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Time to Djbate!
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Anyone know anything about Carlo Armiento?

This time last year it was Josh Mori as the midfielder who kept finding the net, now it's Armiento.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:12 pm

This time last year it was Josh Mori as the midfielder who kept finding the net, now it's Armiento.
I'm fairly sure he did his knee or something serious like that last season. Looks like the club has stuck with him and now he's repaid their faith. Came from Adelaide City from what I gather.
It can be tricky to find but generally the NPLSA website is fairly good for showing past player history as to where AU's squad came from.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:37 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/p ... 70acac6939

Ffa apparently willing to give MV 2 million to get honda here.

I dont care about league exposure! 2m to an already wealthy club is madness
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:52 pm

From what little I can tell he is very left footed left winger. On youtube there is a video of the round 8 game against Para Hills. During that the commentators made a comment about him not having a right foot. However he has done very well with his scoring seeing he is not a striker.

On another youth player, from what I can tell Isaac Richards has been putting in a string of excellent games in last few weeks at least. It looks like the goalkeeper production line is continuing, Birighitti, Izzo, Hall (to a certain extent), Margush and now Richards.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:03 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/p ... 70acac6939

Ffa apparently willing to give MV 2 million to get honda here.

I dont care about league exposure! 2m to an already wealthy club is madness
Hasn't Fox just given the FFA the money? At least that is what I have seen claimed, not really across all the details.

However the league governing body should not be involved in signing a player to particular club.

If FOX want to bring a high profile player to the A-league then they should do it without involving the FFA.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:57 pm

I assume that Sydney are topping up the wages. Adelaide just hasn't got the money.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:28 am

Mirko Boland is going to be a hit!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”