Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Obarizk
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Obarizk Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:49 am

Also to add to my last post..

The quality in visa player has dramatically increased in the last 5 years, most foreigners have big euro league experience now.

The quality in aussie has not changed in the last 5 years, it used to be possible for a youth to force a visa player out of the 11. Now there is just no way.

Imagine if riley mcgree was never given his chance, he would probably still be a squaddie at aufc.

Ok rants over ... i promise.

Welcome boland! Exciting season ahead!
110% agree mate. I've mentioned this many times but the salary cap structure is in desperate need to fixing if the nation is ever going to develop talent effectively.
Encourage clubs to hold on to/and use their youth talent by enabling the clubs to pay those players outside the cap. The more players the develop, the more of their squad which is paid outside the cap. Which can lure more exciting talent from overseas as there is more room in the cap for them. Plus if a player has a breakout season like McGree. They don't jump at the first offer they're shown and the club has the flexibility to lock them in long term should that be what they desire.
The league would benefit from a marketing aspect too as fans would get around these one club legends and the constant chopping and changing of significant portions of the squad may be reduced each season allowing more part-time fans to feel less out of the loop with how the club is travelling.
Paying club developed players outside the cap may help clubs keep young players. I do wonder what CCM would think of it seeing they are trying to spend as little as possible and this rule would lead to them paying more.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:02 am

At all times during the Season, a Club’s Hyundai A-League Player Roster must have:

a minimum of 20 Players;

a maximum of 23 Players;

a minimum of 2 Goalkeepers;

a minimum of 3 Australian Players aged 20 or under;

and a maximum of five foreign players.

Guest Players, Designated Players and Mature Age Rookie Players sit outside the Club’s Hyundai A-League Player Roster. Players on a Club’s Foxtel Y-League Player Roster, including Scholarship Players, are also eligible to participate in the Hyundai A-League.

---

#1 - Margush - 06.2020

#2 - Marrone - 06.2019

#5 - Regan - 06.2019

#6 - Lia - 06.2019

#7 - Kitto - 06.2020

#8 - Isaias Sanchez - 06.2020 - VISA

#9 - Baba Diawara - 06.2019 - VISA

#10 - Ilso - 06.2019 - VISA

#11 - Goodwin - 06.2021

#14 - Blackwood - 06.2019?

#16 - N.Konstandopolous - 06.2020

#17 - Mileusnic - 06.2019

#18 - Brook - - SCHOLARSHIP

#20 - Izzo - 06.2020

#22 - Jakobsen - 06.2020 - VISA

#23 - Elsey - 06.2021

#25 - Stametelopolous - 06.2019 - SCHOLARSHIP

#27 - D'Arrigo - ? - SCHOLARSHIP

#28 - K.Konstandopolous - 06.2019 - SCHOLARSHIP

#29 - Strain - 06.2020

#30 - Isaac Richards - ? - SCHOLARSHIP

#31 - Niyongabire - 06.2020 - SCHOLARSHIP

#? - Boland - 06.2020 - VISA

--

5 VISA players signed
6 SCHOLARSHIP players signed
23 total players signed
I am not sure we can say the squad is full if that is the intent of your post.
Firstly I am not sure D'Arrigo is part of the squad.
Secondly I am not sure whether scholarship players are counted as part of the 23 although if they don't then I am not sure how we have 3 players under 20 in the squad.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 am

I just decided to make an update for the front page. I was curious how many players are contracted and when some of their contracts run out.

I actually think that we can sign 6 more players and possibly HAVE to sign at least 3 if the scholarship guys don't count.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am

Also to add to my last post..

The quality in visa player has dramatically increased in the last 5 years, most foreigners have big euro league experience now.

The quality in aussie has not changed in the last 5 years, it used to be possible for a youth to force a visa player out of the 11. Now there is just no way.

Imagine if riley mcgree was never given his chance, he would probably still be a squaddie at aufc.

Ok rants over ... i promise.

Welcome boland! Exciting season ahead!
110% agree mate. I've mentioned this many times but the salary cap structure is in desperate need to fixing if the nation is ever going to develop talent effectively.
Encourage clubs to hold on to/and use their youth talent by enabling the clubs to pay those players outside the cap. The more players the develop, the more of their squad which is paid outside the cap. Which can lure more exciting talent from overseas as there is more room in the cap for them. Plus if a player has a breakout season like McGree. They don't jump at the first offer they're shown and the club has the flexibility to lock them in long term should that be what they desire.
The league would benefit from a marketing aspect too as fans would get around these one club legends and the constant chopping and changing of significant portions of the squad may be reduced each season allowing more part-time fans to feel less out of the loop with how the club is travelling.
Paying club developed players outside the cap may help clubs keep young players. I do wonder what CCM would think of it seeing they are trying to spend as little as possible and this rule would lead to them paying more.
Yeah IF my suggestion was implemented next season say, CCM would probably be a club who could immediately claim the most players. Which obviously they aren't in a position to capitalise on massively. But part of my suggestion which I've mentioned before but left out this time was with the youth exemption rule I would also love to see transfer fees between ALL Australian clubs be enabled. So any club can set a decent fee on their talent and we don't see the likes of the Syd and Melb clubs waiting till player's contracts run out before picking them up for nothing. Obviously that can still occur but it's less likely meaning again the clubs that focus on development can reap the rewards of that with fee coming from rival clubs as well as abroad. So at least in the short term CCM can focus their contract negotiations on these younger players they have and plan to sell on a couple of players with those fees getting re-invested back into strengthening the squad with the next batch of talent from their successful academy. Part of this I would also like to see, transfer fees going to NPL clubs opened up so they can gain the rewards they deserve for focusing on development as well. That way the NPLs may structure their leagues differently so we see potential HAL recruits offered to HAL clubs for trials more and those players may have their training structured a bit better so the likelihood of them breaking down under the heavy workload of a HAL pre-season is reduced. There have been so many stories of promising NPL stars missing out on HAL contracts due to injury during trials.
The end goal I see would be that we avoid the McGree situation where clubs aren't offered the flexibility to lock down their brightest young stars with decent contracts this enables these players to continue their development in an environment where they are already beginning to succeed then while in the early 20's we see many more examples like Aaron Mooy, Mat Ryan and Tommy Rogic where players stay in the HAL for a longer period, then those players reward that club with good performances on the pitch and a healthy transfer fee when they leave.

Personally this is the only way I see development being taken seriously in this country and the only way Australia as a footballing nation can catch up to the likes of Korea and Japan. We are currently trying to catch up to them by going slower than they are.
Time to Djbate!
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:51 am

I just decided to make an update for the front page. I was curious how many players are contracted and when some of their contracts run out.

I actually think that we can sign 6 more players and possibly HAVE to sign at least 3 if the scholarship guys don't count.
Possibly a number of the scholarship players will be given normal contracts and then a few more players, D'Arrigo, Armiento and Wilson possibly, will be given scholarships. I wish the club was a bit more open about this, doing a lot better than last season but still a way to go.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Any players around who could count as a mature age rookie?

I know we did that with Miluesnic, it would be good if we can do that again.

Perhaps Anthony Costa who keeps scoring heavily year after year.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Wilson. Too old for a scholarship.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Wilson. Too old for a scholarship.
Interesting, I did not realise that.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:34 pm

I liked the Saturday announcement of Boland. Just like the old days, announcements were often on Saturdays for some reason, at least 5-10 years back in the Petrillo days.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:47 pm

So maybe Isaias is naturalizing? He's been eligible for a while I thought? There was talk that he could be a socceroo in Russia, maybe he went cold on the idea after that didn't happen but the club have been trying to convince him otherwise?Image
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Just read that, surely it'll happen.

Either that, or Isa will be having a word with the social media guys.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Looks like Mirko's taken the number 31 which means Niyongabire will have a new number.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks for that mate. I stopped doing after I cracked the shits with the club after not bothering to inform us of most of the youth signings about a year ago. It's always nice to get a rough update on where the club is sitting squad-wise.

One point I'm extremely excited about. I can't recall a season recently where the club had so much of the squad locked down already. Usually it's after the R32 FFA Cup game that we see the big ticket signings made. I think its massive that big new signings get so much time to build fitness, understand the squad, understand the coach's plans and acclimatise to Australian playing conditions. Especially central midfielders who need to build their engines gradually and are such critical links in the path to goal.
If the plan is to play a central triangle of Ilso, Boland and Isa the club has given those three every opportunity to build a strong working relationship.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Honestly i would prefer we dont sign another visa if Isa is naturalised.

That player would likely be a right wing and would mean 5 of front 6 players in our first 11 are visas.

Can we really expect baba to remain fit this season ? Kurz surely does not beleive so as he signed cavusavic.

I just wonder if kurz wants baba to move on but he cannot find a club or wants to stay.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:48 pm

Honestly i would prefer we dont sign another visa if Isa is naturalised.

That player would likely be a right wing and would mean 5 of front 6 players in our first 11 are visas.

Can we really expect baba to remain fit this season ? Kurz surely does not beleive so as he signed cavusavic.

I just wonder if kurz wants baba to move on but he cannot find a club or wants to stay.
It's an interesting one, I mean we will have the option to get another Visa, but I would be more inclined to find a gun Aussie to complete the squad.

But we do need an answer on Baba one way or another very soon.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”