Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sevengoals Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:51 pm

^^^
:lol:

Definitely a cross.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:03 am

We made an offer to Jason Davidson. He rejected the offer and is expected to sign with Perth Glory with an announcement soon.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:11 pm

We made an offer to Jason Davidson. He rejected the offer and is expected to sign with Perth Glory with an announcement soon.
Serious? I'd wondered if we made a play for him.
If that's true there is something seriously wrong with the perception of the club that the new owners need to address.
In saying that, I've been hoping it is Stefan Nigro the club was prioritising anyway as a LB but Davidson would have been a great pick up still.
bpowell454

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Serious? I'd wondered if we made a play for him.
If that's true there is something seriously wrong with the perception of the club that the new owners need to address.
In saying that, I've been hoping it is Stefan Nigro the club was prioritising anyway as a LB but Davidson would have been a great pick up still.
Yep serious, they are also looking at signing Fabio Ferreira.

Is he an Aussie yet or eligible? (He spent some time playing in S.E Asia I think)

Probably not worth a visa spot.Image
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 pm

Isn't Davidson a lefty. And Strain happier on the Right?
Obarizk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Postby Obarizk Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:54 pm

Yes, you are right and Kitto seems to be our LB at the moment. Davidson can play CB as well.

I am glad we did not get Davidson, he has some very strong parts to his game but also some massive weaknesses. I am not sure the strengths out way the weaknesses by enough over a season.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:13 pm

Is baba in australia yet?

Might be a good indication as to us keeping him or not?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Obarizk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Postby Obarizk Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:32 am

Is baba in australia yet?

Might be a good indication as to us keeping him or not?
Last season I thought he was late back because he and his wide had a baby and there was trouble getting it into the country so he missed most of preseason. Missing most of preseason can lead to an injury prone season. Surely he needs to be here now and if he is not then it is extremely worrying.
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Yes, you are right and Kitto seems to be our LB at the moment. Davidson can play CB as well.

I am glad we did not get Davidson, he has some very strong parts to his game but also some massive weaknesses. I am not sure the strengths out way the weaknesses by enough over a season.
Same here, is was very average for the Socceroos, really offered nothing.

Baba really could have been the big front man we have been missing for the last 2 years.
They guy just needs to stay fit! Very unfortunate things have not fallen in to place for him. It will be interesting whether he stays on goes this season.
We are UNITED, after all....
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Leroy George has decided not to sign with MV for next season.
George then revealed that he is in negotiations with three other A-League clubs, believed to be Sydney FC, the Western Sydney Wanderers and Melbourne City, after deciding not to renew his contract with Victory.
“I was greatly appreciated by the players, but unfortunately certain people have not fulfilled their appointments in conversation with my agent,” he said.
“We had agreed that if I would perform well that would also be seen in the next contract. The club also wanted to extend, but then just for the same amount. And that after everything I’ve done there last year.”
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Rojos Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:09 am

I hope the club shows more faith in the young SA players than some of the posters in this thread.
There is a time and a place for the young SA players to step up and stake their claim. We also have to be competitive. No use blooding youth for the sake of parochialism just for them to go for free to Melbourne city or WSW next season. If there is a clear short and/or long term gain then fair enough.
They are definitely going to leave if we do not play them. Kamau, Tongyik, Warland, Koutroumbis and O'Doherty are recent examples, Marrone is an example from further back. The only way to keep them is to play them, the only way to get a transfer fee is to play them so they improve and get interest from overseas. We will probbably lose some of Nathan and Kristin Konstandopoulos, Brook, D'Arrigo, Niyongabire, Margush and Armiento no matter what happens but we will lose all of them if we never play them. They will either have their development stunted or will move to other clubs looking for game time. If Izzo stays beyond this year Margush has to leave to get game time just like Birghitti and Izzo had to leave previously.

It is always going to be the case that if the club has a successful youth development program players are going to leave for nothing but the club needs to be smarter at getting transfer money for some of them.

And I think the idea we cannot be competitive while starting Nathan Konstandopoulos and Miluesnic is totally wrong. A large part of the reason we won the Championship was Kamau and Mauk. We also benifited because we gave McGowan and Goodwin a chance to grow and become excellent A-league players.

I think there is some merit in us recruiting a visa LB and then keeping the last visa spot in hand to see what we need to finish the squad later in the season.
Couldn't agree more, 12 months ago who saw Strain coming on like he did?

You'd think D'arrigo and Brook may get a crack but both are U18.

Recruit the new Cassio at LB, see which youngster pops up then get the other Visa at Christmas.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:22 am

On paper this guy looks alright, LB, Asian, won trophies, plays at international level, still young enough.

Currently on a free.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moayad_Ajan
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:10 pm

D'Arrigo is listed on the club website as being in the A-league squad, but I can find nothing to say he has been promoted.
He's been pictured training with the senior squad wearing number 12 so I assume he's been promoted.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:18 pm

D'Arrigo is listed on the club website as being in the A-league squad, but I can find nothing to say he has been promoted.
He's been pictured training with the senior squad wearing number 12 so I assume he's been promoted.
Great news if true. I'd imagine a 16 year old who won player of the season in last year's NYL would be sought after. Sad if true that the club can't find the time to post a small article about him signing up.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:21 pm

The HAL site has Louis listed in the HAL squad. Although that page doesn't include anyone signed since the end of last season.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”