Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Tue May 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Not super keen on having foreign CBs.

Would be another La Rocca saga.

I mean, he's good and all. Just an Aussie would do.
Not keen. Plays like a grub. He'd get 5 red cards a season at a non sydney or melbourne club.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Yeah Baro is a grub

I personally hope we sign a foreign cb but not like la Rocca who is aleague quality , rather a classy cb with good European experience.

Think del Pierre, Boschart , zvwansvijk ( spelling ) .

Quality Aussie centre back come at a premium due to their popularity in Asia , a quality 30 year old European. With big league experience would be around the same price in general.

Having a player like this to run defence would to wonders for Elsey or warland and gives us a very strong spine with baba and isaias
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby mcjules Tue May 23, 2017 8:45 pm

He's an Aussie! Now the club just needs to get him to agree to a pay per goal or assist contract and they'll be laughing!
Not yet, just the test but it's a formality now. Someone was saying he already had his ceremony booked for July I think.
Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed May 24, 2017 7:35 pm

La Rocca axed from the club?

The only new thing from this article, http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... f0e237c2fa
I am Scott
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu May 25, 2017 11:12 am

La Rocca axed from the club?

The only new thing from this article, http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... f0e237c2fa
Its so frustrating that big news like that is offered one line in an article. Which in the end tells us very little. Has he actually been axed? Can you axe a player off contract? Does axed mean he's just currently without a contract? Where is he going?

The amount of lazy one liners all parties (journalists and the club) put into the movement of players bemuses me. Every single player signing, re-signing or 'axing' is hugely interesting to fans and worth an article at least. I don't get everyone's obsession with cramming multiple massive points into an article then have nothing to report for the rest of the week.
The club could have written 10 individual articles out of the one player movement statement article they released. Since then all we've heard from the club is memberships! memberships! memberships! and cheap merch! cheap merch! cheap merch!
Time to Djbate!
Ghost

Postby Ghost Thu May 25, 2017 11:26 am

I have the same questions as well, it might not be the clubs fault but sloppy journalism assuming not having signed another contract means he has been axed even though the club said otherwise.
I am Scott
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sun May 28, 2017 2:58 pm

If CCM can sign Alan Baro (a grand finalist, then there's no reason for us to skimp on a La Rocca replacement.
we da best
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun May 28, 2017 3:58 pm

If CCM can sign Alan Baro (a grand finalist, then there's no reason for us to skimp on a La Rocca replacement.
True. Although I doubt there are any plans for La Rocca or his replacement till the coach is decided.
Personally unless the club is able to sign someone of the calibre of a Sainsbury or Spiranovic I think someone like La Rocca is as good as we can expect.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun May 28, 2017 5:07 pm

True. Although I doubt there are any plans for La Rocca or his replacement till the coach is decided.
Personally unless the club is able to sign someone of the calibre of a Sainsbury or Spiranovic I think someone like La Rocca is as good as we can expect.
That is true, there are better Australian CBs but we are highly unlikely to sign them so if we can sign than La Rocca that would be good even if he can be a bit of a thug. If we don't go with La Rocca then we almost certainly will need a VISA CB or have a very weak defence.
I am Scott
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Tue May 30, 2017 5:50 pm

George Blackwood has been released by Sydney FC.

Marino replacement?
we da best
Ghost

Postby Ghost Tue May 30, 2017 6:58 pm

I feel Blackwood would be wasted here, he needs to go somewhere and play lots, so does Marino. I think Babalj as back up to Baba is the way to go. Miluesnic could probably fill in there if absolutely needed or maybe our CIrio replacement might be a reasonable option as a striker as well.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 31, 2017 7:35 am

I feel Blackwood would be wasted here, he needs to go somewhere and play lots, so does Marino. I think Babalj as back up to Baba is the way to go. Miluesnic could probably fill in there if absolutely needed or maybe our CIrio replacement might be a reasonable option as a striker as well.
Agree.
Time to Djbate!
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Wed May 31, 2017 9:59 am

Speaking of, has there been any news regarding Babalj, Marino or, well, anyone else?
we da best
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 31, 2017 12:30 pm

Speaking of, has there been any news regarding Babalj, Marino or, well, anyone else?
The club said there won't be a decision made on them till the coach is appointed.
It's one of the reasons why the club looks so silly, sitting around apparently waiting for Amor to make his mind up.
Time to Djbate!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Wed May 31, 2017 12:36 pm

100% agree Stuckey, its almost like the club gave Amor a deadline (end of jan), he didn't decide, so the club decided to let him take as long as he needed to eventually decide he was leaving ( in May).
Griff talks as if he still hoped he would sign on, so now we find ourselves behind the 8-ball yet again with pretty much every proven A-League free agent already signed up by other clubs, no coach and no signings. It really is business as usual under the Muppet show that is AU under the current management "team".

I believe the ship is rudderless and will soon crash into the rocks as it has already had about 20 near misses in the last 5 months............. good to see they are promoting memberships though, quite amusing seeing the responses from many fans on twitter as clearly the majority have had enough of the way the club is being set up to fail months before the season has begun.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Loose unconfirmed rumor that Chelo has been resigned for 1 season. Been mentioned on the RA facebook page but no source or confirmation yet.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”