Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:49 pm

Pretty sure it's headed that way with Boland. Injuries have ruined his potential and I don't think he offers anything more than our current midfield (in fact I'd consider him a downgrade).

We can forget about Chen featuring because that was purely a commercial decision. That spot is gone for the year.

But Boland we can get an upgrade for.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 am

So McGree has been suspended from all national team duties until April (the other Olyroos guys involved in the 'Cambodia incident' have been banned until August). A woman made an official complaint and judging from the penalties it must be something quite serious - very disappointing that one of our players was involved, and I hope McGree pulls his head in from here on out
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:01 am

The 4 of them contacted a female on tinder and she came to their hotel and had consensual sex with them. She then argued with them about them taking photos, they kicked her out of the hotel room and she made a complaint.

You could only assume that McGree's involvement was less than the others as he received a lighter sentence.

Not a good look for anyone involved.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:36 am

Let's hope both he and FFA national team management learn from it.

I spent several years in Cambodia and can confirm that if your head is up your arse your career and personal life will follow (for the record I emerged unscathed and absolutely loved the place).
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:44 pm

I'm glad to here the FFA are taking this as seriously as they did. The last thing the game needs is to fall into the same issues facing other codes. Boys will be boys, but that doesn't mean you aren't accountable for your actions.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:11 pm

So Boland has just undergone surgery in his knee which hasn't recovered properly.
4-6 weeks which takes us to January.
From a personal perspective I hope he recovers well and gets back to playing soon, but for AU we need to replace him in January. Visa spots are just too valuable, particularly when we have only 4 to utilise.
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:53 pm

So Boland has just undergone surgery in his knee which hasn't recovered properly.
From a personal perspective I hope he recovers well and gets back to playing soon, but for AU we need to replace him in January. Visa spots are just too valuable, particularly when we have only 4 to utilise.
Where do we actually need to use a VISA spot though? For me there's no point bringing in a foreigner just for them to be on the bench and I love the balance of our current midfield with D'Arrigo, Troisi and McGree.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:56 pm

Yeah its a big call to make. I wouldn't be throwing the baby out with the bath water just yet. We know he's decent, he's established within the squad over the last 18 months. Who knows where the squad will be in 4-6 weeks? If AU get unlucky with injuries Boland will be a welcome return. Obviously if Verbeek has a quality replacement lined up or Boland is very keen to leave fine, but otherwise I'd be happy to see Boland bounce back in the 2nd half of the season and make up for his absence. Considering his CV I feel he's the sort of bloke who would want to leave the club in a good way.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:23 pm

Yongbin has had his visa accepted and is not far away. Will train with the NYL side. From memory Inseob Shin wasn't allowed to play NYL as an underage player as he was a visa signing. I'm not sure if the same rule is in place now.
I feel its pretty unlikely we're going to see him playing HAL, but I hope the exercise is of value for all parties and this can continue to build a valuable relationship between the clubs and who knows what can be built upon in seasons to come.
It would be very interesting to see how open the AU youth players are to loan deals in the opposite direction?
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:04 pm

Where do we actually need to use a VISA spot though? For me there's no point bringing in a foreigner just for them to be on the bench and I love the balance of our current midfield with D'Arrigo, Troisi and McGree.
Thats a good point.

I agree it may be time to let boland go and pay him out. However our squad is very well balanced currently.

It may be prudent not committing to a new visa player for a mid/ long term contract and waiting until one of our kids inevitably get a big offer overseas.

That way we can better absorb the loss
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Another Qinqdao diamond in the rough? :D
Time to Djbate!
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:06 pm

To be honest that is almost definitely on the cards!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:52 pm

To be honest that is almost definitely on the cards!
Fingers crossed they get promoted next season. CSL1 I feel would be a decent standard to receive players from, and would be a good level to send fringe players like Konstand to should he be keen for more regular game time.
Time to Djbate!
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:33 am

Agreed, Konstandopolous, Armiento, Pacifique, Margush, Brook - They should all be looking to do a stint.
Think their season runs March to December, no reason our guys should go there June-November for example.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Agreed, Konstandopolous, Armiento, Pacifique, Margush, Brook - They should all be looking to do a stint.
Think their season runs March to December, no reason our guys should go there June-November for example.
Yes, especially as the rules around these kids playing NPL is very strict in SA. Couple that with the fact the NYL is an 8 game season. If these kids are lucky they might play 1000 mins of football this season. They could chalk that up in less than half a season if they got to go to China.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”