Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:18 pm

I think there may be some hiccups with players we were tracking overseas.

Maybe we promise the world then offer peanuts in the contract or possibly AUFC is of low priority to the overseas players and we are their fall back option.

If it was a one off its not such a big deal but this is the story in every transfer window.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:22 pm

We offer peanuts.

We're never going to be any other HAL club to a player, unless they want to come for less.

Guarantee it.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Adelaide is seen as a boring city amongst the age group we are looking at.

Look at the AFL teams, Port pay well over the odds and the Crows can't get anyone who isn't a South Aussie. Strikers in the BBL don't have the big names either.

We either pay stupid coin and leave the depth poor or we build squads like we do.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Look at the AFL teams, Port pay well over the odds and the Crows can't get anyone who isn't a South Aussie. Strikers in the BBL don't have the big names either.

We either pay stupid coin and leave the depth poor or we build squads like we do.
I agree that AUFC probably make some pretty insulting offers at times.

With regards to the city's two AFL sides, the Crows actually have a very low number of South Australian players, far less than Port. In the recent AFL trade period, the Crows made a higher offer than Port did for Steven Motlop - but it was the strength of PAFC's indigenous programs and related community work that secured his signature.

Strikers are irrelevant as they are purely a franchise made for a few weeks of summer entertainment. Anyone who genuinely takes them seriously ends up looking silly.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:00 pm

The Motlop situation isn't quite like that, we (Port) ended up matching the Crows offer hence the stupid compo pick Geelong got. Both sides best 22 probably have similar numbers of S.A. players.

But I digress, I do think AUFC lowball Aussie players in particular hence why the bigger names end up interstate.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 am

Yeah I agree, I don't know much about AFL recruitment but as far as HAL goes AU does struggle.
Which is why I don't understand why the club isn't going all guns blazing on their development squads. That needs to be where much of the attention needs to be placed. Most of their squad comes from that so they MUST attract the best young locals to that squad consistently and ensure those kids are playing as much football as possible. 10 NYL game and 22 NPL games isn't enough.
Once you have a quality squad of locals, then fill any gaps with visa quality.
IMO its the only way the club will ever challenge for another title.
Time to Djbate!
flavze

Postby flavze Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:52 am

Devante Clut worth a look? I don't se much of the aleague other than AUFC home games but he was hot property a season or two ago. We need attacking midfield players and he fits the bill.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Devante Clut worth a look? I don't se much of the aleague other than AUFC home games but he was hot property a season or two ago. We need attacking midfield players and he fits the bill.
I agree he's shown himself to be good enough. Although my only issue is there any point bringing in another attacking midfielder with potential? The club already has two.
IMO I'd be happy to see him sign, but wouldn't be devo to see him go elsewhere.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:27 pm

So our 10 left a month before january, we knew we would be down 3 players for the U23s and baba and absalonsen have struggled with injury and now adlung has a back compaint.

Also considering the clubs long history of never being ahead of the curve in regard to rejuvenating the squad.

Imo its unforgivable we have no replacement for matmour, midway through january and the money is clearly there since matmour is not earning a wage.

Any club with serious trophy asperations would be on the front foot, even welli have been active in the transfer martket
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Isaac Richards, a name we may be hearing more of as I can see Izzo being snapped up at season's end, Margush stepping into the gap and Isaac being our number 2. Anyone seen him in action?
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:46 pm

Yeah I agree, I don't know much about AFL recruitment but as far as HAL goes AU does struggle.
Which is why I don't understand why the club isn't going all guns blazing on their development squads. That needs to be where much of the attention needs to be placed. Most of their squad comes from that so they MUST attract the best young locals to that squad consistently and ensure those kids are playing as much football as possible. 10 NYL game and 22 NPL games isn't enough.
Once you have a quality squad of locals, then fill any gaps with visa quality.
IMO its the only way the club will ever challenge for another title.
Youth development was what I thought our club was actually aiming for, but I haven't heard anything about any underage teams other than the MIC(-key Mouse) teams that we send to Spain each year. Anyone know if we're still headed down that path? Or have the FFSA blocked it like they block everything else that we try and do?
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Chelo released by Melbourne heart and signed by NRMA insurance WSW. Reuniting with Gumby, I think he can still play, just needs the time on the pitch, Gumby will give it to him.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Chelo released by Melbourne heart and signed by NRMA insurance WSW. Reuniting with Gumby, I think he can still play, just needs the time on the pitch, Gumby will give it to him.
He's cooked, and it's really sad to see him waste his time on the pine.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:58 am

He'll get some game time I think. I wish he had stayed here & retired with us, but as long as someone is paying him to be a professional footballer there's no reason to feel sorry for him!

Would like to see him come back to Adelaide in some capacity (or to focus on his Academy) after this season, it really sounded like his heart was here.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:49 am

I feel like we could really use a free roaming creative mid just like chello right now, even if he is not at his best

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”