Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

salmonfc
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby salmonfc Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:37 pm

When you let Eugene go to City and neglect to offer Mauk a contract but that's okay because we've (supposedly) signed George Blackwood.
we da best
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:44 pm

Hopefully we make a play for Mauk.

I honestly think McGree can be as good/better than him (if he stays - not guaranteed) but would be good to have him regardless.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Hopefully we make a play for Mauk.

I honestly think McGree can be as good/better than him (if he stays - not guaranteed) but would be good to have him regardless.
The thing with McGree is that he is definitely leaving, it's more a matter of when. It's seems better to get these guys on the way down after a failed overseas adventure when they are more likely to stick around or at least be wary of heading OS again.

Any news on Nathan Burns. Has he been playing in the J-League?
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 pm

If mauk plays for mv it will sum up my feelings for the aleague.

not really a shot at the club in this instance , more just a gripe with the way the league is set up where it's just a constant merry go round of the same players and fans cheer for the corresponding colour of shirt .

Aleague has always been a little plastic and fair enough. it is a new league but I've noticed many long time aleague fans are over the lack of soul and are walking away becoming casual fans at most
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:26 pm

not really a shot at the club in this instance , more just a gripe with the way the league is set up where it's just a constant merry go round of the same players and fans cheer for the corresponding colour of shirt .

Aleague has always been a little plastic and fair enough. it is a new league but I've noticed many long time aleague fans are over the lack of soul and are walking away becoming casual fans at most
I agree. Plus obviously Mauk has connections in Melbourne so moving there would be easy for him.
I can't see City welcoming him back after the brawl he started
Time to Djbate!
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:52 pm

I agree. Plus obviously Mauk has connections in Melbourne so moving there would be easy for him.
I can't see City welcoming him back after the brawl he started
Haha 0-2
He endeared himself to me no end that night. Hope he doesn't go and blow it. Yes a little bit more of my professional club football sparkle would fizzle out if that switch should eventuate as well.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:46 pm

I've noticed many long time aleague fans are over the lack of soul and are walking away becoming casual fans at most
This was me... until I realised I had signed up for 3 years last season... FML
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:54 am

Re Mauk, I honestly don't expect us to sign him over MV.

Sure we may make an offer, however it will be for less money and let's face it, MV are a bigger club with better facilities, coaches and pathways to the NT. Mauk will choose MV any day of the week.

I think all I can look forward to now, is us signing HAL rejects who might break through for us (Blackwood), as well as develop our youth and bring them to the first team - the latter having a huge upside and something that I can get excited about.

Hopefully the new coach continues to develop youth and bring them through like Gomby and Amor did.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 am

Re Mauk, I honestly don't expect us to sign him over MV.

Sure we may make an offer, however it will be for less money and let's face it, MV are a bigger club with better facilities, coaches and pathways to the NT. Mauk will choose MV any day of the week.

I think all I can look forward to now, is us signing HAL rejects who might break through for us (Blackwood), as well as develop our youth and bring them to the first team - the latter having a huge upside and something that I can get excited about.

Hopefully the new coach continues to develop youth and bring them through like Gomby and Amor did.
Yeah exactly. Which IMO is why what's going on at the club is so frustrating. The only real way I feel the club is going to get ahead is either striking it lucky with the rejects they sign as they did with Jeggo.
Or bring kids thru the NPL side and develop them into HAL players, hold on to them for a few seasons and then sell them on to a club abroad in time for their replacement to come in.
Sitting on their hands and watching players like Kamau, McGree and JO'D develop far beyond their wage and loss interest in waiting for the club to get organised to offer them a new deal.
This completely hinders the only real opportunity the club has to compete IMO.

Does anyone know if Kurz is someone who has a record of player development?
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:26 am

Really? MV are a bigger club no doubt but you reckon Muscat is a better coach? They don't have their own facilities but they're decent because they share them with the Storm. In what way do they have better NT pathways?

The advantages they have are:
1. Use more of the salary allowances so can pay more
2. Younger players like Melbourne because "Adelaide is boring"
3. Their ownership group put their foot in their mouths a lot less often
EdDog

Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:40 am

Based on recent form, I can't think why anyone would want to join our club over MV if they had a similar offer at both (although I am much closer to us than MV).

I don't know if Muscat is a better coach than Kurz, he's obviously a huge C, but he has been consistent at this level with them for a number of years.

I was more referring to the number of coaches they have and the professionalism of their backroom staff eclipses ours.
flavze

Postby flavze Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:25 pm

If AUFC made an offer on comparable $$ to MV and he chose them i'd be very dissapointed in Mauk tbh.
He's a local boy turning his back on his local club that he recently won a championship with and gave him a springboard into a crack at Europe. Bit of a dog act imo if thats what happened.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:27 pm

If AUFC made an offer on comparable $$ to MV and he chose them i'd be very dissapointed in Mauk tbh.
He's a local boy turning his back on his local club that he recently won a championship with and gave him a springboard into a crack at Europe. Bit of a dog act imo if thats what happened.
It's a two way street though. AU turned their back on him when he was in the NYL side. It wasn't till he begun starring for City that they wanted to sign him.
Time to Djbate!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:11 pm

From the outside, AU hardly look like the most attractive destination at present when compared with MV, MC, SFC, and most teams. I mean if Mauk talked to Elrich, I'd be shocked if he was back in AU colours!!
Look at how we treat club legends, look at how much backroom turnover goes on etc. - you can really see that City now have a distinct advantage over other clubs with their network and facilities. If you were a young player, I'd be looking at a Mooy and thinking that being at MC would potentially open doors not available at a club like AU. (which I don't really subscribe to as anyone good enough is snapped up pretty quickly).

Could hardly blame Mauk for looking elsewhere if indeed he does. In saying all of this, basing a move to Melbourne for Mauk on a Tweet that he was in Melbourne is jumping at shadows.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Surely playing time is a draw card too. He would be a starter at AU but possibly fighting for a position or coming off the bench in Melb or Syd.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”