Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Philbyramone
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Philbyramone Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:10 pm

Dang. We missed this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:22 pm

this is the most confidence i have felt about this season. boland coming back. new striker. ap coming back. good string of results.
We are going to get smashed tonight for sure
LMFAO

Every aufc fan is feeling this right now, when things look good we know the sucker punch is waiting for us
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:25 am

I'm definitely reading to much into it but what was everyone's thoughts on Taggart not celebrating his goal last night? I'm choosing to believe there's a chance he's coming here next season.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:33 pm

I'm definitely reading to much into it but what was everyone's thoughts on Taggart not celebrating his goal last night? I'm choosing to believe there's a chance he's coming here next season.
I'd say he was too spent, but it would be nice.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:05 pm

I hope he isnt coming here, he is consistently injured just like all of our recent strikers.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Believe he is on his way to Korea. Guys like Mauk and Taggart sited Johnny Aloisi as the reason they signed.

He's a good footballer but needs to be ruthless and take his chances, if he did that he'd be on his way to playing in the Championship.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:29 pm

Believe he is on his way to Korea. Guys like Mauk and Taggart sited Johnny Aloisi as the reason they signed.

He's a good footballer but needs to be ruthless and take his chances, if he did that he'd be on his way to playing in the Championship.
Seems a problem nationwide with our forwards.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:31 pm

I hope he isnt coming here, he is consistently injured just like all of our recent strikers.
Hes scored 10 goals, that's more than our injured strikers combined.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Vidmar gone. Idk where to post this so I'll leave it here.
Adelaide United Director of Football, Aurelio Vidmar, today announced he was resigning from the club after five months in the role.

Chairman, Piet van der Pol said: “I respect Aurelio’s decision, but will be very sorry to see him go.

“In a very short time he has had a positive impact on the club and with regard to developing a more sustainable long-term strategy.

“I thank him sincerely for his time here and he will remain a close friend and confidant to the club.”

Vidmar thanked van der Pol for bringing him back to the club, explaining the reasoning for his decision.

“I love football and I love Adelaide United. It has been my privilege to serve United in multiple roles, and I appreciate the opportunities the club has given me as a player, captain, coach and most recently as an administrator.

“I fully support the efforts of Piet, Nathan and the staff at the club to turn around Adelaide United and create a stronger club, working in conjunction with interests in China and Europe over the longer term.

“Adelaide United now has stronger relationships with other stakeholders in the game, including the Football Federation of South Australia, NPL clubs and Coopers Stadium landlords, Adelaide Venue Management.

“By working more collaboratively with others, I know the club will deliver for supporters and boost the profile of the game for those playing football at all levels.

“There are exceptional people and players at Adelaide United and among the NPL clubs. The footballing future will be bright as long as a club-wide culture continues to be fostered which engages fans, sponsors and the grassroots.

“I want to particularly thank the many fans who have shown their support to me and reiterate that I will be among them in the future as a strong supporter of Adelaide United.”
https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/ ... lio-vidmar

This seems bizarre to me as there is no reason as to why he resigned.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Bizarre indeed.

Also we missed out on Tongyik (to Roar).
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:09 pm

Said in the Advertiser that he had to be talked into the role and has come to see admin isnt for him.

Fair enough but strange all the same.
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Very strange..... I mean if you heart wasn't in it, why take it up. Just leaves the club in a bit of a bind in a crucial period in planning next year.

I mean I know sometimes things don't work out, but its been just 5 months...
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Yes and no, I have more faith in our new owners to find an adequate replacement before the season ends.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Could this be good news regarding Marco Kurz's contract situation?
we da best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:46 pm

Vidmar to roar

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”