Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sub007 Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:30 pm

If Isaias were to return, I wonder if we could flog Juande off to Perth or Victory given Popa’s now there.

Not sure if that's the message the club wants to send to current players and any potential future signings - "sure we'll give you a contract, but if something better comes along we will be looking to move you on to the other side of the country asap".

Juande and his family love Adelaide and he is great mates with Lopez. For better or worse we are tied to those 2 for next season, and not just contractually but I would say also for the good of squad harmony.
It’s not a good message at all but the club bought the situation onto themselves.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:50 am

If Isaias were to return, I wonder if we could flog Juande off to Perth or Victory given Popa’s now there.

Not sure if that's the message the club wants to send to current players and any potential future signings - "sure we'll give you a contract, but if something better comes along we will be looking to move you on to the other side of the country asap".

Juande and his family love Adelaide and he is great mates with Lopez. For better or worse we are tied to those 2 for next season, and not just contractually but I would say also for the good of squad harmony.
It’s not a good message at all but the club bought the situation onto themselves.

So you're saying that the club should have held off signing Juande just on the off chance that Isaias became available, and wanted to come back?
sub007

Postby sub007 Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:02 am

So you're saying that the club should have held off signing Juande just on the off chance that Isaias became available, and wanted to come back?
I said at the time that while Juande is a a good player who did well, that money probably should’ve been spent in strengthening other areas of the squad.

We desperately need a number 10 and signing a number 10 will also allow Mauk to play in his natural position while D’Arrigo can play as a 6 where I feel he’s more effective.

The other bonus is that if Isaias were to come back (I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in the works for a while so the club could well have known), a spot in the team has opened up for him and the club has some free funds to sign him.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:58 am

Club should have never signed Juande, Isiais rumours aside.
D'Arrigo is the best young 6 in the country and if Piet wants to sell players he simply needs to play Louis in that position for one full season.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:42 am

Dylan McGowan released by WSW. Could be Elsey's replacement.
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:02 am

Dylan McGowan released by WSW. Could be Elsey's replacement.
Reportedly on the verge of signing for Kilmarnock
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:02 pm

Juric will definitely be playing for Macarthur according to Cornthwaite.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:32 pm

How can they afford it? Been making some big signings (relative to the a-league I mean).

Club confirmed on FB today that he is leaving.
sub007

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sub007 Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:43 pm

How can they afford it? Been making some big signings (relative to the a-league I mean).

Club confirmed on FB today that he is leaving.
They sold Derbyshire overseas so he’d be a replacement for him.

Davila would be a Puyo replacement and Noone would replace Susaeta. DDS would take up Benat’s spot even though they okay different positions.

They still need a right back and maybe a Milligan replacement if Uskok was only signed as a squaddie.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Bulls look like a club with a plan and ambition.
AU look like a club that exists to supply the clubs with ambitions, can’t see us closing any gaps by developing players for everyone Else.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:08 pm

AU look like a club that exists to supply the clubs with ambitions, can’t see us closing any gaps by developing players for everyone Else.
i disagree with that, we live within our budget - the bigger a league clubs dont have budget restrictions

bulls used up there full cap space and then the additional $300K for being a new franchise club last season.

this upcoming season they'll be one of the only clubs to use the additional money to secure 2 designated players. I know we wont use that up, we'll stick to our strict budget like usual which is always well under the cap.

we can whinge and moan all we want, but adelaide is a small club in the a league pond. We have never and will never compete with massive wages/contracts of other clubs
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Not sure why you disagree,
Bulls clearly have ambitions to be a contender, AU do not for the reasons you have outlined (I.e. small budget).
AU exist to make finals (if we are lucky) and develop/sell players. - not sure what order though! Hence not going to attract and retain players like Juric with that model unless it’s for a year or so until a better offer comes in.

It’s another rebuild in defence, midfield needs work and clearly a senior striker is also needed, pretty significant changes.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:44 pm

Bulls clearly have ambitions to be a contender, AU do not for the reasons you have outlined (I.e. small budget).
AU exist to make finals (if we are lucky) and develop/sell players. - not sure what order though! Hence not going to attract and retain players like Juric with that model unless it’s for a year or so until a better offer comes in.

It’s another rebuild in defence, midfield needs work and clearly a senior striker is also needed, pretty significant changes.
It is what it is my friend.

Once domestic transfer fees come in, we might actually be rewarded for the work we do with our kids lol
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:30 pm

It is what it is my friend.

Once domestic transfer fees come in, we might actually be rewarded for the work we do with our kids lol
I actually think the lack of transfer fees helped us keep some of our players for as long as we have and if they were to come in, I think we would get decimated even more.
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:32 pm

It actually looked like we did have a plan and ambition (which I very much bought into) but it seems to have been thrown out the window over the last year.

Thats why I’ve been cracking the shits over some of our recruitment (or lack thereof in some cases) in this thread.

Now it seems the people running the club don’t care and we could be going the way of CCM.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”