Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:55 pm

if it ain't broke don't fix it
Things are well and truly broken right now!
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:53 pm

I'd argue that our midfield is one of the only things about the club as a whole that isn't broken!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:39 pm

I'd argue that our midfield is one of the only things about the club as a whole that isn't broken!
I'm not so sure. A midfield needs to provide the forward line opportunities to score. Opportunities last season where generally few and far between.
The club needs someone who can deliver the ball to advantage in the area.
We have the quality striker fans have been crying out for. Now we need someone to feed him.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm not so sure. A midfield needs to provide the forward line opportunities to score. Opportunities last season where generally few and far between.
We have the quality striker fans have been crying out for. Now we need someone to feed him.
The midfield of players definitely going to be at the club next season consists of Isaias, O'Doherty and Brook. McGree could be staying and Carrusca might sign but both are far from certain. You could argue that Kitto or Miluesnic could play AM as well but whether that is likely to happen I don't know.
Even if McGree stays and Carrusca signs on again we still might need one or two players. We really need a back up to Isaias and if we play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 then another player would be good as cover.
If McGree goes as it looks like then a foreign AM is a must, don't see any Aussie we can sign who would fill the role.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:05 pm

The midfield of players definitely going to be at the club next season consists of Isaias, O'Doherty and Brook. McGree could be staying and Carrusca might sign but both are far from certain. You could argue that Kitto or Miluesnic could play AM as well but whether that is likely to happen I don't know.
Even if McGree stays and Carrusca signs on again we still might need one or two players. We really need a back up to Isaias and if we play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 then another player would be good as cover.
If McGree goes as it looks like then a foreign AM is a must, don't see any Aussie we can sign who would fill the role.
If Troisi can create opportunities to score against Chile. I'm willing to back him in the HAL. If he had an Italian passport he'd be rated as one of the best players ever in the HAL.
I'd love to see AU throw everything at getting him here.... I know I'm dreaming.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:14 pm

If Troisi can create opportunities to score against Chile. I'm willing to back him in the HAL. If he had an Italian passport he'd be rated as one of the best players ever in the HAL.
I'd love to see AU throw everything at getting him here.... I know I'm dreaming.
Troisi, Burns, Vidosic all players that could be amazing for the club, if Kurz can get their best out if them. They all have ties to Adelaide already too, unfortunately that could be a bad thing.

Has Danny Choi sorted put his citizenship yet? I thought he seemed like a decent squaddie, maybe worth a chance again to top up the squad.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Well Troisi and Kruse would probably be very good but I think we have no chance of getting either. I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong.
I am Scott
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Did anyone head to the first training session today? Any new faces?
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Well Troisi and Kruse would probably be very good but I think we have no chance of getting either. I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong.
Kruse (paraphrased): I'd rather retire than play for Adelaide.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Troisi was offered 11k a week in the epl and said nah 22k a week thanks. The guy is chasing coin so will never ever play for his home town
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:50 pm

The club just put a video on facebook that you can dissect.

Lots of youth players that I dont know. Marino was there. No Carrusca. No Babalj.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Vidosic is coming back to Adelaide...

...for the birth of his first child. :D
Capac

Postby Capac Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:51 am

Dario's wife is from adelaide right?

If they are having a child she may wish to be back around family in Adelaide. Dario would fit into the side quite well IMO.

Lots of youth players that I dont know. Marino was there. No Carrusca. No Babalj.
Blackwood can be seen on the video as well.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:16 am

That was a good video. Nice to see the club starting to engage more as the season nears. The facilities look good too.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:26 am

Think Chelo only arrived back in the country yesterday.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”