Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:31 am

Given his history in germany i have no doubt kurz and/or his contacts have good knowledge of this guy so im not worries about his quality.

He has plenty of time to adapt to the league with this long offseason.

Will be very interesting if he will eventually replace baba or play as a 10 behind baba.

So much height! We better learn to cross
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:35 am

Also if he has played most of his football as a 10 rather than a striker then his stats even in singapore are actually very impressive.

Numbers shmumbers though! Proof will be on the pitch
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Rojos
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:27 pm

I don’t like the fact he has been in Singa/Malaysia so long but I do like the fact he has dominated whilst he has been there.

Sometimes players find it hard to adjust to the step down (That tall Spanish CF we had), sometimes they don’t.

I’m remaining positive on this one.
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:52 pm

So much height! We better learn to cross
having Goody back should help with that!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Officially announced by the club now. They couldn't wait until 4pm because the "cat emoji was already out of the bag emoji"
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:13 pm

The press release was slightly vague.So what role is the we have signed him for ?

Extra offensive utility? Think Pablo sanchez

Attacking mid who can also play striker? Think Matmour replacement

Striker who can service pacey wingers ? Bye bye baba !

I have a feeling he may signed as a utility like pablo. If we are signing him as our next messiah in attack( so to speak ) then its one hell of a risk.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Given his history in germany i have no doubt kurz and/or his contacts have good knowledge of this guy so im not worries about his quality.
I assume. Though given our new owner's Asian connections he may have been sourced via those networks. Either way Kurz will have the information he needs on the guy.
flavze

Postby flavze Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Hopefully he's signed as a 10, now the club can chase Milligan to play in the midfield alongside Isias.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:36 pm

This made me smile
Rambo spoke very highly of the club, loved his time here. I’ve always wanted to play in Australia at some point in my career
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/fo ... 2b818e45a9

Reading the article it would appear he is our attacking mid.

Feel like i was hoping for something more for our new 10 with new owners wanting to make an impact. However he has glowing reports everywhere he goes. So he could be a very shrewd signing

His twitter game is on point!
The Viking from Denmark has officially signed with Adelaide United for this season. Thereby The Viking will now slide in to the Top 10 list of most dangerous animals in Australia.
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Ben Halloran is strongly rumoured to be going to Sydney FC.

Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory are both offering Jamie MacLaren a Marquee spot too.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Hopefully he's signed as a 10, now the club can chase Milligan to play in the midfield alongside Isias.
2 defensive mids at the same time?
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:54 pm

This made me smile
Rambo spoke very highly of the club, loved his time here. I’ve always wanted to play in Australia at some point in my career
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/fo ... 2b818e45a9

Reading the article it would appear he is our attacking mid.

Feel like i was hoping for something more for our new 10 with new owners wanting to make an impact. However he has glowing reports everywhere he goes. So he could be a very shrewd signing

His twitter game is on point!
The Viking from Denmark has officially signed with Adelaide United for this season. Thereby The Viking will now slide in to the Top 10 list of most dangerous animals in Australia.
OMG.
:mrgreen:

Does he talk about himself in the third person?
Do we have a "mini Zlatan" coming?
Super!
A player with attitude.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
flavze

Postby flavze Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Yeah. Both very good at going forward and capable of playing more as a cm. Both are also capable of playing quality long balls to the wingers/forwards or dropping back into the last line of defence. Would work well in a 352 lineup as well.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Yeah. Both very good at going forward and capable of playing more as a cm. Both are also capable of playing quality long balls to the wingers/forwards or dropping back into the last line of defence. Would work well in a 352 lineup as well.
I think we are covered in the midfield now. Konsta should be given every opportunity to make the box box role his own, strain has shown he is more than capable and Lia is very versatile.

Every year we should be aiming to have a local product in midfield or failing that an up and coming aussie like jimbob jeggo.

A visa left back similar to Leroy george would balance the first 11 out nicely
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Rhys Williams has taken a deal with a Saudi club, opposing team's player's knees are safe again. Probably last season's dirtiest player and the referees didn't seem to care.

I agree Shin, we need a quality LB now. I'd still like a decent RW too. If Isaias is naturalized we will have 2 visa spots free I think?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”