Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 pm

I have always thought of Berisha as a player that you love to hate, they way he celebrated after winning the penalty in the Bris v Perth GF before the kick was even taken has always made me think of him as a grub.

As far as his football goes though, he plays like a man possessed, he runs and runs and runs, he is always pressuring defenders hard and he makes goals out of thin air.

I'd be kind of interested to see how it goes. I think Berisha or Fornaroli would suit our playing style better than Bobo though.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Would take Berisha.

Massive c### on the pitch but a gentleman off it IMO. True professional and gives 110% every game.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 pm

i read an article saying sfc offered bobo $300k and we were expected to almost double it?
Supsup please tell me thats a joke about bruce. This club would look rather stupid buying him for a third time.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:54 am

I couldnt bring myself to support berisha at aufc.

Surely a certain level of integrity needs to remain with plauer selection.

Im not saying all victory players are off the table ( jeggo and galekovic were amazing ) however there are some players where its almost insulting to fans if we sign them.

I put berisha in the same basket as muscat managing us!

On the other hand i could stomach fornaroli and bobo.
Ask Melbourne fans what they thought of Berisha before he got there...... we would change as soon as the goals started.
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:44 am

Theres is no way sydney has 300k spare under the cap right, since De Jong and Ninkovic are marquees.. If they have that much spare, I gotta question why you go into a season with that much spare....

And since its an injury replacement for baba, we have effectively a marquee spot, so not tied by that.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:15 am

Viddie is in Shandong, presumably talking to our (estranged) sister club Shandong Luneng.

So here's the fantasy;
- Baba on the long term injury list
- Lakaku takes big money offer to join Shandong
- Graziano Pelle loaned to us as injury replacement
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:21 am

I have it on good authority (and don’t ask who) that Bruce is returning on an injury replacement contract to see out the season.

Stay tuned. An announcement will be made Friday.
I thought injury replacement contracts, where only until valid until the injured played returns?

Kurz wants a hard worker, he does not want any liabilities in the squad. That would eliminate Fornaroli. Bobo was border line, as i think Brosque and Mierjevski (sp?) masked his poor defensive abilities alot of the time. I must admit i didn't watch enough of Syd to know.

The only other players who would fit the bill are Bruce and Berisha IMO.
We are UNITED, after all....
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Im not saying all victory players are off the table ( jeggo and galekovic were amazing ) however there are some players where its almost insulting to fans if we sign them.

Ask Melbourne fans what they thought of Berisha before he got there...... we would change as soon as the goals started.
That may be the case for them, but for me i would prefer villains stay villains.

Im sure he is a great guy off the park but its hard enough for clubs to forge an identity with the franchise format without signing your villains.

But thats just me.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:40 pm

That may be the case for them, but for me i would prefer villains stay villains.

Im sure he is a great guy off the park but its hard enough for clubs to forge an identity with the franchise format without signing your villains.

But thats just me.

No, not just you Shin. It wouldn't quite be as bad as getting Muscat as coach... but not far of it.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:57 pm

For gods sake, passing up the chance to get Bobo and/or Berisha to re-sign Bruce Djite AGAIN would be such a boneheaded move. He's not a prolific striker. Let's move on from him.

Berisha would be an amazing signing. Let's not act all high and mighty when it comes to signing Victory players, instead just think about how amazing it would be to see him score against Melbourne Victory and break their hearts.

DO. NOT. RE-SIGN. BRUCE. DJITE.
we da best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:33 pm

For gods sake, passing up the chance to get Bobo and/or Berisha to re-sign Bruce Djite AGAIN would be such a boneheaded move. He's not a prolific striker. Let's move on from him.

Berisha would be an amazing signing. Let's not act all high and mighty when it comes to signing Victory players, instead just think about how amazing it would be to see him score against Melbourne Victory and break their hearts.

Who is suggesting we aign djite over a quality option? I may have missed someone suggesting it?

Strawmaning peoples reasons not to sign berisha does not validate your personal cause.

Im just saying there would be 100s of quality strikers who would be willing to transfer to australia for reasonable coin, does it have to be berisha?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Its a very interesting situation. TBH I have a lot of respect for people like Muscat and Berisha. I've certainly called them names over the years. But a large part of why we as AU fans have such a dislike for them is because they beat us so often. There are plenty of hard nosed players in every league who would do almost anything to win. IMO Isaias is like that. Vince Lia comes across as another. The main difference between someone like Muscat and Lia is largely down to the amount of times we've had to witness Muscat celebrating goals and lifting trophies in our face. Lia has rarely celebrated goals and has never lifted a trophy against us so we don't have that same disdain for him.
The main reason we as fans hate players like that is largely because they are winners. If they were doing it for our club, we'd call them heroes.
Obviously there are never any assurances that someone who is successful at one club will definitely be successful at another. But I'd gladly swallow my pride in welcoming someone like Berisha or Muscat to AU if that resulted in AU winning the championship again.

It would also add some more spice to the AU - MV rivalry which is IMO getting a bit stale lately.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:19 pm

Who is suggesting we aign djite over a quality option? I may have missed someone suggesting it?

Strawmaning peoples reasons not to sign berisha does not validate your personal cause.

Im just saying there would be 100s of quality strikers who would be willing to transfer to australia for reasonable coin, does it have to be berisha?
This comes back to a large number of people only looking under their noses for signings. There are thousands of players out there that would succeed at HAL level in the right circumstances. Just because they aren't known to us doesn't mean they exist. Hardly anyone had heard of Berisha before Brisbane signed him, same for Bobo. I'm still a big believer in the lower leagues of Spain. I think the financial climate in Spain lends itself to the HAL being a reasonable option for plenty of the talent there. Based on the Spaniards that have played HAL. I reckon its about 50/50 whether they turn out to be a star of the league or not. So AU should sign two and we're certain to have a star on our hands! ;)
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Berisha playing for AU is very hard for me to imagine but stranger things have happened.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 pm

I've always been a fan of looking overseas for hidden gems, but lately that method has failed to produce results or goals. Too many lazy plebs phoning it in and too many talented but permacrock physio table warmers. Tell me, what's so wrong with going after guys who have already proven themselves at the cost of a bit more coin? Sure, it's not as noble or astute as uncovering hidden gems, but our failure to replace Sergio van Dijk since his departure has cost us so many goals and possibly silverware.
we da best

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”