Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

AndyJebiga
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby AndyJebiga Mon May 17, 2021 8:02 pm

Hope we are making moves to sign Jordan Courtney-Perkins who wants out at Brisbane.

Jako will surely retire and Timotheau is showing he's not there yet.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a ... d409445c10
He's an Adelaide boy as well, this move makes 100% sense; also should bring koutrombis back from Newcastle and that would be a solid pairing
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun May 23, 2021 7:52 am

Dom Costanzo is apparently going to trial at the Jets.
sub007

Postby sub007 Tue May 25, 2021 1:00 pm

Gauci signed a two year extension which is great news.

He’s also been promoted to a senior contract as well
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue May 25, 2021 10:19 pm

No Australian has clocked up as many years or games across Germany’s top two divisions as the 30 year-old.
Now, after nearly four years with Bundesliga club Hertha BSC, the quick wide-man is ready embrace “something new”.
Speaking from home isolation after an in-house COVID-19 outbreak forced the postponement of struggling Hertha’s next three Bundesliga games, Leckie told beIN SPORTS : “I think I’ll leave Germany, that’s something I want to do. Whether that’s to stay in Europe, or elsewhere, I’m not sure.
“I’ve been here 10 years and want something new. I’m sure something will come up.
“What’s most important for me is to be playing games, wherever it is.
“The A-League isn’t something that’s out of the question either, though I’m not saying it will happen.
“There are positives and negatives and I still think there are things I can achieve here in Europe.
“A big factor (regarding the A-League) is there is no coronavirus in Australia and that’s very appealing.
“I just have to see what’s best for me and my family.”
Thirsting for minutes, the ex-Adelaide United star - who almost joined Queens Park Rangers before heading to Hertha in 2017 - will make his decision predicated on first team prospects.
“I’m not saying I should be guaranteed to play wherever I go because I have to show my quality,” Leckie said. “But I want to go somewhere where I have the opportunity to play more than I do here (with Hertha).
Leckie has been granted just 290 Bundesliga minutes this season, with 12 of his 14 appearances coming off the bench.
“The scenario is that last year I was thinking of moving on but with Covid coming along there really weren’t that many options, certainly nothing that made sense,” he said. “So I decided to stay in Berlin and see my contract out. I’ve been playing here and there but nowhere near enough as I’d like.
“The club have spent a lot of money on a lot of players, and like any club who’ve done that they hope those players do well and can maybe be sold for more than they were bought for.
“I’ve missed out a lot - if you look at how we’ve struggled this season there hasn’t been much change in personnel.
“It is what it is. I understand how the football world works, and just waiting to see what comes in the future.
With the Socceroos in limbo for nearly 18 months it’s been a double hit.
“I’m really excited about our World Cup hub in Kuwait in June - it’s been a long time coming,” Leckie said. “It’s relieving to know we’re getting back together. We’ll go there with a strong mentality and should be able to get the job done.”
Asked the secret of his longevity in Germany, where he’s worn the colours of Borussia Mönchengladbach, FSV Frankfurt, Ingolstadt 04 and Hertha, Leckie replied: “There’s always the question when an Australian arrives here whether they can handle the situation, have the quality and can adapt to living away from home.
“You have to show what you can do and you need mental toughness.”
A degree of flexibility is also required, with Leckie adding: “I played 10 (Bundesliga) games for Gladbach but then I thought the best move for me was to go to the second league to get regular game time.
“I knew that here in Germany everybody is watching the second division as well and if you do well there you’ll have an opportunity to come back to the Bundesliga.”
A force of nature blessed with relentless endurance, Leckie still has plenty to give, wherever he goes.
Touching on those phenomenal physiological traits, he explained: “As a kid I did little athletics and I think that helped.
“I was naturally fast and it’s something I’ve worked on along with the endurance side of things, especially with the national team.
“In today’s football it’s all about sports science. It’s all about statistics, sprints, distance covered.
“That’s been a positive for me because I was in that direction anyway.”
Bruce?
flavze

Postby flavze Wed May 26, 2021 9:45 am

There was a story recently about City being into Leckie in a big way to get him back to the A-league, wouldn't be surprised if he comes back thats where he ends up though if MV are trying to make a serious bid to get back into finals contention they easily have the ability to throw a marquee spot and decent $$ at him to.
I highly doubt we will see him back in AUFC colours.
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed May 26, 2021 10:08 am

The only way we could sign Leckie is if we don't sign Goodwin pernamently.
bpowell454

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Wed May 26, 2021 10:55 am

The only way we could sign Leckie is if we don't sign Goodwin pernamently.
Goodwin seemed adamant that he was leaving at the end of his loan and returning to Saudi. Who knows in football though.

MV wouldn't even look at Leckie for a trial, hopefully he rejects any offer from them out of 13 year old spite.
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:09 pm

Leckie to Melbourne City on a 3 year deal
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:43 pm

Because the salary cap means we're all on a level playing field.....
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:39 pm

It’s certainly more level than it would otherwise be. But how on earth do these clubs stay within the cap. I won’t be surprised if an investigation were to identify whatever cheat-y “loopholes” they’re using.
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:00 pm

It’s certainly more level than it would otherwise be. But how on earth do these clubs stay within the cap. I won’t be surprised if an investigation were to identify whatever cheat-y “loopholes” they’re using.
There will be no investigation. These are the most marketable clubs in the league, they spend big and attract big players and the rest of the league benefits as a whole. It's ridiculous from a competition standpoint but it's not new. I wish there was a way to publish club's salary cap details without invading the privacy of players but I dont think its possible.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:00 pm

There will be no investigation. These are the most marketable clubs in the league, they spend big and attract big players and the rest of the league benefits as a whole. It's ridiculous from a competition standpoint but it's not new. I wish there was a way to publish club's salary cap details without invading the privacy of players but I dont think its possible.
Remember the year we snuck into Finals because Perth were docked points due to salary cap breaches? I can never see that happening with the league's "marketable franchises"...
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:05 pm

We are supposedly close to keeping both Javi and Juande.

I’m happy to keep Javi as he genuinely looks a class above but I personally would have let go of Juande (who has done well) and instead used his wages to fund a #10.
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:01 pm

We are supposedly close to keeping both Javi and Juande.

I’m happy to keep Javi as he genuinely looks a class above but I personally would have let go of Juande (who has done well) and instead used his wages to fund a #10.
Will be announced by the end of the week.

https://twitter.com/robcornthwaite/stat ... 9601243137
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:10 am

Costanzo has terminated his contract early to take up another opportunity.

Looks like his Jets trial must have been successful.

I can’t help but feel that it’s Veart’s fault a talented young player in Costanzo is leaving because he was seemingly giving preferential treatment to someone else (Dukuly) by giving him opportunity after opportunity despite him showing absolutely nothing.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”