Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

The Claw
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby The Claw Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:23 pm

I guess we can expect the rest of our signings from the scraps leftover from players cut by their clubs at end of season. Must be a quality AM I’ve missed amongst them somewhere.
Methodical transfer policy as stated at the members forum looks like a pile of 💩
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:27 pm

I guess we can expect the rest of our signings from the scraps leftover from players cut by their clubs at end of season. Must be a quality AM I’ve missed amongst them somewhere.
Methodical transfer policy as stated at the members forum looks like a pile of 💩
And our second signing is George Blackwood so you are 100% right.

I have defended him in the past but we really don't need him given we have three younger, better, more promising strikers.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 pm

Play Blackwood as a 10 I reckon.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:38 pm

Play Blackwood as a 10 I reckon.
Yeah, GB has genuine potential to do well for us in AM. Time overseas will have helped him settle down and failure to extend that time will mean he has plenty to prove. On his day he's brilliant. On other days....not so much.

Mo Toure has the most potential to develop into a cracking number 10 but he's a little way off yet. This signing means we will continue to have a very exciting - and probably frustrating - forward line this coming season. As always, it's at the back that we will look thin again. Hope there's some young boys coming through.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:46 pm

Yikes. I just don't see the vision at the moment. The club say they are keen to be full of SA players etc, then release Pacifique, Smith and Elsey all for free and bring in underperforming interstate players. They say it's too hard to sign foreigners at the moment but other HAL clubs still can. They say they've done quite well financially considering covid, better than a lot if the other teams but obviously only intend to spend the cap minimum.

I'm just not feeling it right now, I'm sure it will all come together as the season starts but it feels like we are a long way from being a competitive team
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:05 pm

Yikes. I just don't see the vision at the moment. The club say they are keen to be full of SA players etc, then release Pacifique, Smith and Elsey all for free and bring in underperforming interstate players. They say it's too hard to sign foreigners at the moment but other HAL clubs still can. They say they've done quite well financially considering covid, better than a lot if the other teams but obviously only intend to spend the cap minimum.

I'm just not feeling it right now, I'm sure it will all come together as the season starts but it feels like we are a long way from being a competitive team
Hit the nail on the head although I don’t think it will come together. Going by what Veart said, we are signing 4 players and two of them are Condom and Blackwood.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:25 pm

Hit the nail on the head although I don’t think it will come together. Going by what Veart said, we are signing 4 players and two of them are Condom and Blackwood.
Can't wait to get CONDOM 69 on my shirt hahhaha
The Claw

Postby The Claw Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:37 pm

If blackwood is the next one, I kinda wish the club signed no one. What a joke
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:06 pm

Spot on!

What the club doesn't seem to get is that in many instances we'd rather a scholarship player than recycled interstater.

If Blackwood is $200k and Ansell is $200k but Katroumbis was $350k, I'd rather Katroumbis and a Youth player than Blackwood (No need we have Yengi + Toures) and Ansell.

Why let Smith and Pacifique walk for this garbage ?

As for Elsey, why didn't we sell him overseas when he wanted to go?
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:27 pm

This confirms the rumour that Piet and the owners were not keen to spend this year.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:59 pm

While he’s with AUFC can we just call him Nick Ansell please. He is one of us now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:03 pm

Blackwood ...
Again?

:?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:43 pm

Blackwood ...
Again?

:?

B)
I for one am so so so glad that Blackwood returns. We NEED to have 3 inconsistent strikers on the bench every game just in case Carl needs to deploy his only backup plan that never works-

Super fighting attack supreme formation

4-2-0-0-4

4 strikers, no midfield to supply.

If we don't get the AM that this team so desperately requires then it won't matter anyway.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:59 am

Why offload Elsey, a local lad who's been with us all throughout his career and is a very capable and reliable defender for an interstate journeyman with injury problems???
The Claw

Postby The Claw Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:11 am

Ed it has to be $$$ as it makes no sense at all otherwise. I hope Ansrll proves me wrong but good luck to the club selling us this one, many seem perplexed and it’s definitely not a big improvement IMO.
Not feeling the club has any objectives other than running leaner than ever.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”