Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:44 pm

I wonder if those re-signing have been gven assurances in regard to coaching staff next season. Id imagine this would be important for the senoir players.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:13 pm

I wonder if those re-signing have been gven assurances in regard to coaching staff next season. Id imagine this would be important for the senoir players.
Given the way the team is playing, directionless and passionless, it is probably better Amor leaves. He has had no answer to turn the team around, he is not doing his job, he does not deserve another contract on this year's efforts.
I am Scott
Totally_Red
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Totally_Red Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Easy to point blame on the coach. Coach can only react if he has replacements and board support. There are a lot of first 11 players that should not even make the squad but no replacements. I think the board is happy no matter what the results are this year provided they make a profit. Everyone can see this squad is not good enough. It's just a group of players that want to play and were cheap. Not one player has excited the crowd this year with the way they play. I am so disappointed this year.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Easy to point blame on the coach. Coach can only react if he has replacements and board support. There are a lot of first 11 players that should not even make the squad but no replacements. I think the board is happy no matter what the results are this year provided they make a profit. Everyone can see this squad is not good enough. It's just a group of players that want to play and were cheap. Not one player has excited the crowd this year with the way they play. I am so disappointed this year.
There is more than enough talent in the squad for the team to be mid table.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:24 pm

I agree.

Amor worked wonders last year with no stars, just a team willing to work for each other.

I for one hope he stays. His professionalism and sportsmanship has been a breath of fresh air.

Give him some extra rope to build a team that can move the ball around the way he wants and good things will come. Given the spanish contingent will be able to call themselves aussie next season we have a huge opportunity to add real depth. Imagine a team where carussca comes off the bench at 70 minutes each game to play in eager wingers against a tired defence.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost

Postby Ghost Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:31 pm

Amor is parting of the recruiting, if the recruiting is bad it is his fault as well.

However I don't think the recruiting was all that bad.
Holland not working out has nothing to do with recruiting, he is clearly an A-leauge quality player, it has everything to do with coaching. It is a black mark against Amor that he had to leave because the team could not be organised in a way to use his talents.
Guardiola did not work out, but Amor has not given Marino a chance, this is a disgrace.

There is more than enough talent for the team to be sitting 4-6 on the table and almost every player in the team is playing well below their best. They seem directionless, there is no plan to score goals, that is down to coaching.
I am Scott
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:34 pm

I'm happy to hear Marrone has re-signed.

Anything else happen?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:04 pm

a highlight these days is re-signing players that are already here.
says it all really. I am more and more convinced there is something going on internally at AU.

This years been totally unaccpetable on and off the field
Capac

Postby Capac Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:41 am

Geez I know the season isn't going great but some of you people are such pessimists. Maybe wait until after the end of the trade period before making a judgement. If we don't sign anyone after that go nuts, but just have some patience.
The Claw

Postby The Claw Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:57 am

Nah been served enough dross already this season, let's leave any recruits until the absolute last minute (if at all), that way it will take them another 8 weeks to get up to speed just in time for rd 27.
Its been downhill ever since we wn the GF, club can't even do a media release o advise Guardiola and Holland are gone.

But yeah its all the fans fault for being "pessimistic" right?
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:47 am

Nah been served enough dross already this season, let's leave any recruits until the absolute last minute (if at all), that way it will take them another 8 weeks to get up to speed just in time for rd 27.
Its been downhill ever since we wn the GF, club can't even do a media release o advise Guardiola and Holland are gone.

That's the thing though, you haven't been "served" anything. The club doesn't sit down and analyse whether every player movement and tactical method will sit well with the fans.
The club isn't a kitchen where the consumer's enjoyment is everything to the business. They still need to operate the club to stay afloat and the staff obviously need to back the skills they have which got them to the position in their careers they are in now.
I'm not saying we should all be happy with the place the club is in. I'm not happy either.
Time to Djbate!
Capac

Postby Capac Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:16 am

I'm not saying it's the fans fault, I'm saying that the club has been planning to sign at least one player and the window isn't over yet. Have some patience and wait to make a judgement when the window is over.
Totally_Red
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Totally_Red Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:02 am

this team is more than one player short. If they only plan on bringing in one player don't. Save your money. We need at least two to make any difference.
The Claw

Postby The Claw Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Well they are in the entertainment and results business. As a member, I'm entitled to voice my displeasure at the ongoing shit sandwich that's been this season. I'll also reserve the right to not renew that membership next season.
So yes your right, they don't need to serve anyone anything, just like I and many others don't have to renew memberships, buy merchandise etc. let's see how that works for a business model. Club can't even communicate with members on players leaving or without being passive aggressive, so not really seeing the point of membership on top of the dross on field.
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Simon hill just mentioned on the broadcast there will be a player arriving this week, another Spaniard...

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”