Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Ghost Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Which of our players is going to WSW to replace Jumpei and Melling?
I am Scott
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Elrich maybe??

Melling was a nothing player for them so a youth team player would do. Not sure they'll be the last 2 to go either
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Elrich maybe??

Melling was a nothing player for them so a youth team player would do. Not sure they'll be the last 2 to go either
it’s funny... only a week ago (when questioned) Gombau was saying that he was satisfied with the squad he has & won’t be bringing anyone in, in January

I remember him saying a similar thing while he was here
Ghost

Postby Ghost Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Elrich maybe??

it’s funny... only a week ago (when questioned) Gombau was saying that he was satisfied with the squad he has & won’t be bringing anyone in, in January

I remember him saying a similar thing while he was here
Maybe Jumpei and Melling asked to leave.
Jumpei already having signed with a team in Japan indicates he was pretty keen to get out of there.
I am Scott
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Melling wasn't up to Gombau's standard when he was here so can't imagine much would have changed.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:19 pm

I still maintain that Melling is a crossbreed of Adam Hughes and Fabian Barbiero...
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:25 pm

I had a look on transfermarkt and found some attacking midfielders who are free agents and I found three players we could sign. They are Antun Palic, Nenad Marinkovic (Nebojsa's younger brother) and Anton Zemlianukhin.

Palic is the best of the three and seems to be the most likely. He is 29 years old and most recently played for Mouscron in Belgium. His market value according to Transfermarkt is 1.25 mill euros. He has been capped by Croatia at u19, u20 and u21 level.

Nenad Marincovic last played for Mladost in the Serbian Superliga. His value according to Transfermarkt is 300k. He has been capped at u19 and u21 level. He is 29 years old.

If we decide to sign an Asian player than Anton Zemlianukhin is an option. He signed for newly promoted Russian side SKA Khabarovsk at the start of the season but had his contract cancelled as he was injured when he signed. His value according to Transfermarkt is also 300k. He is also Kyrgyzstan's all time top goalscorer with 9 goals. He is also 29.

Of the three, I have only seen Zemlianukhin play (Kyrgyzstan v Socceroos) and from memory he was a very tricky and pacy player but had no final product. A bit like Nikola but with better tekkers.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:26 pm

I had a look on transfermarkt and found some attacking midfielders who are free agents and I found three players we could sign. They are Antun Palic, Nenad Marinkovic (Nebojsa's younger brother) and Anton Zemlianukhin.

Palic is the best of the three and seems to be the most likely. He is 29 years old and most recently played for Mouscron in Belgium. His market value according to Transfermarkt is 1.25 mill euros. He has been capped by Croatia at u19, u20 and u21 level.

Nenad Marincovic last played for Mladost in the Serbian Superliga. His value according to Transfermarkt is 300k. He has been capped at u19 and u21 level. He is 29 years old.

If we decide to sign an Asian player than Anton Zemlianukhin is an option. He signed for newly promoted Russian side SKA Khabarovsk at the start of the season but had his contract cancelled as he was injured when he signed. His value according to Transfermarkt is also 300k. He is also Kyrgyzstan's all time top goalscorer with 9 goals. He is also 29.

Of the three, I have only seen Zemlianukhin play (Kyrgyzstan v Socceroos) and from memory he was a very tricky and pacy player but had no final product. A bit like Nikola but with better tekkers.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:26 pm

In other news Bruce signed for an Indonesian club.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Sorry double post.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:42 pm

The trouble with looking online for available players is a lot of players are going to reject a move to Australia outright, too far away, no real football pedigree, low quality league, etc. Adlung initially rejected us and really had to be convinced. A lot of foreigners in the A-league either had links with Australia or been suggested by other foreigners to come here. I don't think cold calling agents of promising looking players would be hugely successful percentage wise.
I am Scott
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:46 pm

The trouble with looking online for available players is a lot of players are going to reject a move to Australia outright, too far away, no real football pedigree, low quality league, etc. Adlung initially rejected us and really had to be convinced. A lot of foreigners in the A-league either had links with Australia or been suggested by other foreigners to come here. I don't think cold calling agents of promising looking players would be hugely successful percentage wise.
You make some good points although Marinkovic's brother played for Perth and the Croatian I mentioned might have some connections to Tapalovic or Kurz since he played in Belgium.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:55 pm

However I must admit I do look at transfermarkt ocassionally and because of that I notice things like both Marco Flores and Jeronimo Neumann are available.
I am Scott
Interloper

Postby Interloper Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:36 pm

At the right (low) price Flores would only have to be a fraction of his best to be useful tbh. There is a hole in the squad for any sort of creative attacking player, he needn't even be good. combining with Mileusnic and Diawara/Blackwood would be analogous to Van Dijk + Dodd/Leckie too.

His best was 7 years and a knee reconstruction ago though. And there is zero chance he would be fit enough to play in a Kurz' squad.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Love your work, Palic is a good one. Has played in Thailand so not affraid of moving abroad, possibly played witj Burns at AEK.

Expect us to now sign Ruben Zadkovich.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”