Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Cocaine us hardly the drug of choice for an athlete trying to get the edge during match day so im not willing to call him a cheat.

He more than likely had a big one during the extended round where the players had a weekend off.

Either way im not someone who likes to tell others what people can and cant put in their body , but come on ken! Wait until the offseason at least?!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:27 pm

That's pretty much my take on it.

I'm not a drug taker, well only caffeine, but surely you don't jeopardise your job.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:28 pm

I figured he would have gone back to malaysia next season possibly linking up with Reegs.

I doubt malaysia will be keen to have him now. Given south east asias stance on party drugs its fair to say his career in this part of the world is over despite having a big reputation with a potential to earn decent coin.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:53 pm

I figured he would have gone back to malaysia next season possibly linking up with Reegs.

I doubt malaysia will be keen to have him now. Given south east asias stance on party drugs its fair to say his career in this part of the world is over despite having a big reputation with a potential to earn decent coin.
Some of the wealthier clubs would have a way around that, but would they take the risk given he proved he wasn't up to it here.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:31 pm

I'd love to think the club was smart enough and callous enough for this to be a stitch up job on Ilso.
Should get us out of paying his wages.

Maybe it'll afford a few more minutes to a youth player this year? Pacifique?
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:19 pm

Good morning Adelaide ...

Always something to wake up to.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:03 pm

I'm sure I remember winning the Grand Final in 2016. What the f**k has happened to our club?
For all his strengths and weaknesses. Amor is the only coach the club has had in recent years whose main skill wasn't expectation management.
Rojos

Postby Rojos Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:38 pm

How’s this from AP, the cheek on him:

“I’m very excited for that (signing for Western),’’ Stamatelopoulos said.

“I was talking to my agent (Tony Rallis), he said “it’s a good opportunity for me to like grow as a player, as a person, to move away from home, to be more independent.”

“When contracts were getting sorted, I was too unsure about who the coach was going to be at Adelaide.

“I didn’t want to sign anything without knowing. I like a Marco (Kurz) a lot he’s a very good coach. He gave me opportunities, put me on the map.

Your agent has done you over mate.
You’ve left AU because you didn’t know who the coach was going to be to sign for another club that doesn’t have a coach appointed next year. Add to that you know you will be behind the marquee striker as a minimum.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:11 pm

“I was talking to my agent (Tony Rallis), he said “it’s a good opportunity for me to like grow as a player, as a person, to move away from home, to be more independent.”

“When contracts were getting sorted, I was too unsure about who the coach was going to be at Adelaide.

“I didn’t want to sign anything without knowing. I like a Marco (Kurz) a lot he’s a very good coach. He gave me opportunities, put me on the map.

You’ve left AU because you didn’t know who the coach was going to be to sign for another club that doesn’t have a coach appointed next year. Add to that you know you will be behind the marquee striker as a minimum.

He'd be third choice and sent out on loan if he stayed. He'd probably get mins off the bench over there.

I wouldn't be surprised if he knows who their new coach is as well.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:21 pm

I posted this somewhere on the forum already but it is relevant here.
But as an illustration of the extent of influence one agent can have over a football club, it is revelatory. And it’s by no means an isolated example. According to Football Federation Australia’s own reports on intermediaries, last season Rallis represented eight players from Western Sydney Wanderers, in 2017-18 agent Zeljko Susa had seven players with Adelaide United, in 2015-16 Dragan Jevtic acted for six players from Sydney FC.

Furthermore, it is understood that expansion club Western United, in addition to having influential player agent Lou Sticca heavily involved in the operation of the new franchise, has Rallis currently brokering for their head coach to be and as many as five of the club’s new signings.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -of-agents

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
Rojos

Postby Rojos Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:37 pm

But as an illustration of the extent of influence one agent can have over a football club, it is revelatory. And it’s by no means an isolated example. According to Football Federation Australia’s own reports on intermediaries, last season Rallis represented eight players from Western Sydney Wanderers, in 2017-18 agent Zeljko Susa had seven players with Adelaide United, in 2015-16 Dragan Jevtic acted for six players from Sydney FC.

Furthermore, it is understood that expansion club Western United, in addition to having influential player agent Lou Sticca heavily involved in the operation of the new franchise, has Rallis currently brokering for their head coach to be and as many as five of the club’s new signings.

B)
Thank you, this backs up what I feel.

I mean look at the list of players on this guys books and they are all jourmeymen like Fabio Ferreria.
What has he done for the careers of Kamau and O'Doherty?
He's not interested in moving his players to better clubs, just new clubs.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:35 pm

B)
Thank you, this backs up what I feel.

I mean look at the list of players on this guys books and they are all jourmeymen like Fabio Ferreria.
What has he done for the careers of Kamau and O'Doherty?
He's not interested in moving his players to better clubs, just new clubs.

And making his percentage.
The more he moves them around, the more cash he earns.
The players are only commodities to him.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:04 pm

Mileusnic re-signs.

Didn't see that one coming.
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:08 pm

2 years, I thought he was gone too, that is a good positive move.

And I have to admit, I feel like player agents have way too much sway, so many good young players sold into bad moves and then end up having to rebuild their careers in their mid 20s.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Thrilled to hear this.

Now we need to get Galloway to sign a long term deal, give Blackwood and extension and sign up all of the kids coming off contract.

I'm not fussed either way if Vinniesta stays or goes.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”