Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Ghost Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:16 pm

So if Marcelo was on say 700k a season as marquee and the club then offers him 6oK, that would be all his fault in not accepting that would it?
Yes
I am Scott
Totally_Red
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Totally_Red Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:56 pm

The fact that Carusca is still an uncontracted player speaks for itself. Even at $60,000 Carusca is still a risk. With Carusca it's not about the money it's the risk of what type of player he will be. Carusca in the past shows he can get totally lost in a game. He does not seem a player that will fight hard when the chip are down. If the team plays well Carusca can be class. But if the team is struggling Carusca will not be seen. I therefore put him into the category of risk.
Would I want him resigned. I am on the fence will this one. I would love to see even 50% of the old Carusca but I am very afraid we will get nothing from him.
Money for him should not be a problem considering the wages he was one. In fact he owes us for his poor performances whilst on very good wages LOL.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:54 pm

So if Marcelo was on say 700k a season as marquee and the club then offers him 6oK, that would be all his fault in not accepting that would it?

AU do have a bit of a track record of low balling players and then blaming them when they don't sign and move on, its pretty easy for Mayer and Co to then claim "oh but we offered a contract".

Because if we really want to based everything on last season, pretty much the entire squad was garbage and should all be on 60K.
Agreed, in my opinion, if you're going to lowball like that it's disrespectful. Be upfront about the fact that you don't really want him.
Totally_Red

Postby Totally_Red Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Is Carusca worth the risk at any price? Remember if we sign him that means someone else who may shine misses out. To me it really depends on which Carusca we sign because based on the Carusca we saw last year we are better off without him, It's so hard with him. The fact he is an Aussie now and we may get the old Carusca back makes me sometimes doubt myself. Again is he really worth the risk though at any price?
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:54 pm

Welcome Karim Matmour!
Looks quite the player.

The Ersan Gülüm signing went right over my head.
I kept seeing his name but it did not register he was new to the club. Do'h.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Futbol_Crazy21
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:11 pm

I wonder if he'll feature at all in the FFA Cup match.

Getting pretty keen for the new season!
mcjules

Postby mcjules Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:37 pm

Izzo's a bit of question mark for me but apart from that we seem to have a strong spine
Futbol_Crazy21
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:38 pm

Izzo's a bit of question mark for me but apart from that we seem to have a strong spine
We do have Margush to rotate Izzo with, he looked very promising in his limted opportunities so far.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:24 am

im almost positve this matmour guy was on my flight back into australia.

i remember seeing him and thinking he has a very slight build like isaias and thought it would be funny if he was a new aufc signing.

next minute this guy or his doppleganger is announced by the club

/edit

it was him, both him and his wife seemed like very humble people as they struck up conversations in the boarding gate with other people close by us about adelaide and australia.

anyway... all meaningless information really
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:49 am

i remember seeing him and thinking he has a very slight build like isaias and thought it would be funny if he was a new aufc signing.

/edit

it was him, both him and his wife seemed like very humble people as they struck up conversations in the boarding gate with other people close by us about adelaide and australia.

pretty cool, nonetheless
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 am

/edit

Well spotted, He seems fairly tall but not a player who plays tall.
I am Scott
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:32 am

/edit

Not meaningless, it's good to know the personalities of players. Sounds like he's open minded and a good fit.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 am

/edit

Not meaningless, it's good to know the personalities of players. Sounds like he's open minded and a good fit.
i can say with out any doubt that if he does not play this upcoming friendly due to the flu...... that was me lol

he didncome across as a family guy and was asking about schools so who knows adelaide may be a good fit for him in the same way other imports with families have settled here
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules

Postby mcjules Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:59 am

We do have Margush to rotate Izzo with, he looked very promising in his limted opportunities so far.
Yep I'm happy to have both of them just that they're still both relatively young and prone to a brainfade every now and then. It will cost us some points this year but I'm ok with that.
EdDog

Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:41 pm

I think I have worked out AU's recruitment strategy. And I actually think it's a good one, particularly for our club with limited financial resources:

1. Recruit an experienced overseas coach with good connections.

2. Use said coach's connections to sign 5 quality foreigners for a fraction of the price that similar quality Australians would be worth (simple supply/demand).

3. Allow the Australian football department to present young/cheap/available/willing Aussies to coach and let him make a call on them.

4. Don't break the bank or get into a bidding war for premium Aussie talent that we will always have to pay overs for (being a non-East Coast club).

Win league.

Repeat.
Last edited by EdDog on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”